Post-Game Talk: Jets get demolished in home opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Leaf fan here...

It's just one game guys. You shouldn't be too down on yourselves, just like we shouldn't be too high. A long season to go yet.

Please try to ignore the worst of our posters who are likely making their way to the main boards. Just don't take the bait if you can help it.

Regroup for game 2

Well at least we have pity posts. We have that going for us.

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
So this is what we're gonna do this season, eh? I'll give Maurice the month of October, if things don't start to look better, get rid of that bum.

Reactions: X66

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Well, we won't get more power play opportunities than that. Don't know what to say, this roster got ragdolled. I don't really want to be negative so i think I'm done here.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Leaf fan here...

It's just one game guys. You shouldn't be too down on yourselves, just like we shouldn't be too high. A long season to go yet.

Please try to ignore the worst of our posters who are likely making their way to the main boards. Just don't take the bait if you can help it.

Regroup for game 2
We all saw this coming. That's the problem. We have problems behind the bench not on it. Won't get better any time soon.

Reactions: X66 and Board Bard

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Welp, i shall stick around to see what the players and Maurice have to say about that, and then I will probably go cry.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Leaf fan here...

Regroup for game 2

Thanks, but you're wrong. We absolutely should be down on this team.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Atrocious coaching really. The same goddamn dump and chase time after time. So passive and slow play style on the defence and PK, and absolutely stupid lines. There´s no question about it that Maurice should be out as soon as possible.

First of all seems clear to me that Wheeler should not be in the first line. And definitely not in the 1st power play line. First line should clearly be Laine-Scheifele-Perreault and they should play the first line PP constantly too. Second line should be Ehlers-Little-Wheeler, and third line should be a courageously built line with Armia-Roslovic-Connor. Fourth line maybe Matthias-Lowry-Dano.

Anyway one problem for the Jets is also the two bottom lines at the moment. Way too much lack of skill. You can´t be a real good team if your bottom six sucks like that offensively. Oh man we`re in for a long and bumpy ride this season if Maurice will not be fired ASAP. :(

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I really have to question our coaching.

We played really well early, had lots of chances, then the Leafs scored.

Instead of digging in, we folded and let two more goals go in.

We are mentally weak.

Then, Trouba (hooking), Byfluglien (slash to the hands) and Myers (slash to the hands) with totally unnecessary penalties that they were warned to avoid.

This tells me the players do not fear Maurice.

Our goaltending is mediocre.

Worst of all the game was on Leafs TV, er, Sportsnet so I can hear the announcers gush over their Leafs like girls at a Justine Beiber concert.

I wish this game was blacked out cause now I'n in a dark place.

tumblr_oqxh02gS8g1u1ljrzo3_500.gif

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
L
Lowry with 19:50 TOI. What the ****ing hell went wrong there?

Bad coaching, I agree with him on the PK but he's not a 3C(IMO) he should had gotten bumped by Petan(lol, Petan didn't make the team, what a joke).

I'm also pretty pissed Maurice cowered out of the LSW but then cowered out of keeping Laine at the Left where he naturally scores better and becomes a bigger threat(tell me where Laine was positioned for our only two goals this game and pretty much all the Pre-Seasoners).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad