Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation - Part XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I wonder if the rights to JST would be traded if he doesn't want to sign with the Jets.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I wonder if the rights to JST would be traded if he doesn't want to sign with the Jets.

I would really really doubt it. There's 3 possibilities. One, he wants to test UFA. Then no team would trade for him since he wants to go UFA. Two he signs with Jets. 3 he wants to a certain team, in which case that team would just sign him in UFA why would they trade anything for him.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I would really really doubt it. There's 3 possibilities. One, he wants to test UFA. Then no team would trade for him since he wants to go UFA. Two he signs with Jets. 3 he wants to a certain team, in which case that team would just sign him in UFA why would they trade anything for him.

It would be conditional, probably wouldn't be much. Or it could be a throw in as part of a larger trade. Right now he can't talk to anyone, you never know what he wants. It could be eastern conference, it could be specific cities, if a team gets his rights they could change his mind.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Glad I'm not the only one. I tried to read it 3 times and it made no sense.

It is an article by Mark Spector; you'd be hard-pressed to find a national journalist with less of a grasp regarding the Winnipeg franchise if you tried. His grammar was perhaps a bit off due that he was probably too busy trying to think of what to write. His articles about the Jets are vague at best. This was my favorite line:

You can draft a goalie, sure. His first start at MTS Centre might come in 2020.

I'm willing to bet cold cash that one of TNSE's recently drafted goalies gets his first start long before that date, and perhaps by several years.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I'm willing to bet cold cash that one of TNSE's recently drafted goalies gets his first start long before that date, and perhaps by several years.

I'm willing to bet that it will be in the next two seasons. They both look far to promising to not have at least a start between them.

Before 2020? I mean, if the wheels completely fall of both of them, but I cannot see that.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Byfuglien to STL--Who Would You Want

Assuming the teams won't balk at an intra-division trade, if the Blues expressed interest in Byfuglien, what kind of return do you think would be fair and realistic?

The Blues' most likely roster player trading chips are Berglund and Shattenkirk. Their two most prized prospects are Jaskin and Rattie. They have no first round pick next year, but assume this year is in play also.

Off the table for STL are Schwartz, Tarasenko, Backes, Oshie and Pietrangelo.

Given contract considerations and mutual needs, I would propose Shattenkirk straight up, but I would add Jaskin to the package if a Jets' 2d rounder were added.

What would you counter?

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Not a jets fan but i think ur overvalluing big buff , i think they would do it for a berglund straight up

Truthfully, my hope is that the Blues will move Shattenkirk for Byfuglien simply to add beef of the blue line. Shatty's more consistent than Pietrangelo offensively, and he'll be even better next year after his Olympic experience, but the Blues lost to Chicago specifically because Bickell knocked the Blues' young defenders off their game--same strategy the west coast teams have used so effectively against us. Byfuglien on D would help counter that--and the Jets would be getting a gifted young defender in return, so I see it as pretty even value.

I'm holding out hope that Berglund and Rattie might fetch Kadri. How does that strike you?

19kiefer94

Jun 3, 2014
Winterpeg
Assuming the teams won't balk at an intra-division trade, if the Blues expressed interest in Byfuglien, what kind of return do you think would be fair and realistic?

The Blues' most likely roster player trading chips are Berglund and Shattenkirk. Their two most prized prospects are Jaskin and Rattie. They have no first round pick next year, but assume this year is in play also.

Given contract considerations and mutual needs, I would propose Shattenkirk straight up, but I would add Jaskin to the package if a Jets' 2d rounder were added.

What would you counter?

Why does everyone offer the Jets RHD!? :shakehead Shattenkirk would be a bit of an upgrade over last year's Bogosian but Bogo should bounce back (hopefully)- we need LHD a true top-6 RW and depth forwards... I feel like Jaskin would have to be the start and add something from there.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Shattenkirk is intriguing from my POV. With Buff at forward, its not like we have a ****ing glut of RHD's anymore right, so it may be worth it consider this. I would probably want Shattenkirk and Rattie for Buff+ though.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed and with the likes of Etem, Silfverberg, Kerdiles and Rakell, their system is not void of good forward prospects/players

I think the Ducks are a player or two from possibly winning another Stanley Cup and Buff would be a great addition to an already dangerous team.

The announcing crew on one of the games i was watching mentioned Bruce Boudreau and the Ducks GM felt they could use a trigger man on their PP and who better than Buff to fill that role.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

What would you counter?

The Jets don't have a 2nd, love the idea though.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the values skyrocket with inter-conference trades. I know that I would be loathe to play against Buff 5x a season.

IMO the Jets are way too far away from contenting to worry about anything more than the long term big picture. With or without Buff and whoever we get in return the Blues will be a better team than the Jets over the next 2 years. After that Buff would be an UFA anyway.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm sorry but can someone please point me in the direction of some evidence from Evander that he is not happy in Winnipeg? Seriously getting tired of the whole world saying he wants out of here.

These days, perception is reality, notably to the media. Things take on a life of their own and perpetuate. No need for facts, least of all from the media. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad