Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
If they play good hockey while can take defensive zone assignments and minimize the bleeding, than that's what's best.

Most 4th lines are energy lines because they suck at doing anything else.
I could also see Noel taking it the AV Nucks route...

Wright-Slater-Frolik or something like that on the 4th line facing dirty dirty zone starts.

That would help free up some easy ice for lines 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I could also see Noel taking it the AV Nucks route...

Wright-Slater-Frolik or something like that on the 4th line facing dirty dirty zone starts.

That would help free up some easy ice for lines 2 and 3.

Interesting..

Tangradi-Jokinen-Halischuk

A very poor man's scoring line, but if we had an actual (try to) shut down 4th line a la Paille-Campell-Thornton the other lines would probably benefit.

LLW vs opponent's best
Wright-Slater-Frolik vs 2nd lines
Kane-Scheifele-Setoguchi heavy o zone starts
Tangradi-Jokinen-Halishchuk just do your best lol

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
truck and bhay - interesting line of thought.

Just do your best. :laugh: Interestingly, one of Olli's best games came when he was paired with the lesser lights. Less pressure on him to perform leads to better performance, perhaps?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Still don't agree with it.
Even Noel commented on it once.

I don't remember Noel's comment, but until the eliminate fighting from the game the guys who play that role will live & die by their code. Since GM's keep signing them and coaches keep playing them in those situations I wouldn't expect Peluso/Thorburn to alter their games. To do so would likely mark the ends of their careers.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
truck and bhay - interesting line of thought.

Just do your best. :laugh: Interestingly, one of Olli's best games came when he was paired with the lesser lights. Less pressure on him to perform leads to better performance, perhaps?

I remember Flames fans saying that Olli performs best if he's "the guy" on his line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad