Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
La is by no means desperate for a goalie. They had survived with scrivens and zatkoff is arguably better.

Remember la is in a compete now mode. It makes muzzin much more valuable to them now than trouba. Muzzin is also signed longterm for a very reasonable cap hit.

Theres no way they trade muzzin for trouba without a big add.

Like I said before, the assumption is that they are desperate - precisely because they are in win now mode. If they are not then the suggested trade makes no sense at all. There not only has to be an add but the add has to be something they need.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Shady Dude: Psssst! Wanna buy the league's worst starting goalie?

Ernie: THE LEAGUE'S WORST STARTING GOALIE?!?!

Shady Dude: SHHHHHHH!!! Riiiiiiiiiiiight....

a50ed15ae4b1ae55f0e4ca4991ee1a3a.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Shady Dude: Psssst! Wanna buy the league's worst starting goalie?

Ernie: THE LEAGUE'S WORST STARTING GOALIE?!?!

Shady Dude: SHHHHHHH!!! Riiiiiiiiiiiight....

a50ed15ae4b1ae55f0e4ca4991ee1a3a.jpg

That's pretty lousy salesmanship. :laugh: How about a guy who has been a starter for 6 years, who dragged his team into the POs 2 years ago and with a Calder Cup in his duffel bag? You could at least TRY to make him sound good.:laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That's pretty lousy salesmanship. :laugh: How about a guy who has been a starter for 6 years, who dragged his team into the POs 2 years ago and with a Calder Cup in his duffel bag? You could at least TRY to make him sound good.:laugh:

Ernie's a sucker. He'll buy...

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
They Jets would be smart to offer sheet Lindholm right now when the Ducks have little cap space. Then they could move Trouba for a wider range of targets

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
They Jets would be smart to offer sheet Lindholm right now when the Ducks have little cap space. Then they could move Trouba for a wider range of targets

If they could move Fowler, they could try to sign Lindholm to a generous bridge deal. Still, they're up against the cap ceiling here. They'll need to move a couple of pieces to get even close to what Lindholm wants...

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If they could move Fowler, they could try to sign Lindholm to a generous bridge deal. Still, they're up against the cap ceiling here. They'll need to move a couple of pieces to get even close to what Lindholm wants...

6.257 over 6 years gives a compensation value of a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks, I think he's worth that, do the Ducks?

That's the most money we could offer without having to give up multiple first round picks

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Lindholm still needs to agree to sign an offer sheet.

I think if a GM like Chevy wanted to make a move on Lindholm he should talk to his agent and let him know he'd give him 7 or 8 years at 6.5 (or whatever it would be) and talk to Overhart and get confirmation that Trouba would sign a bridge with the Ducks.
Then both agents can talk to Murray. Lindholms agent could make it clear that Winnipeg is willing to pay his client what he wants so they're not going to bridge, and then Overhart can confirm his client will bridge.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've missed something with Anaheim's cap. Last I looked, maybe 2 days ago they had about 7.5 mil space and 2 RFA's to sign. Since then they signed one of them for 3.8 leaving roughly 3.7 mil. They have less than 400k. Where did the other 3.3 mil go?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I've missed something with Anaheim's cap. Last I looked, maybe 2 days ago they had about 7.5 mil space and 2 RFA's to sign. Since then they signed one of them for 3.8 leaving roughly 3.7 mil. They have less than 400k. Where did the other 3.3 mil go?

They only had 22 skaters on their roster at that point I believe. They called up some cheap AHL guys for opening day

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Lindholm still needs to agree to sign an offer sheet.

I think if a GM like Chevy wanted to make a move on Lindholm he should talk to his agent and let him know he'd give him 7 or 8 years at 6.5 (or whatever it would be) and talk to Overhart and get confirmation that Trouba would sign a bridge with the Ducks.
Then both agents can talk to Murray. Lindholms agent could make it clear that Winnipeg is willing to pay his client what he wants so they're not going to bridge, and then Overhart can confirm his client will bridge.

That would be ideal. Even add a little if necessary.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They only had 22 skaters on their roster at that point I believe. They called up some cheap AHL guys for opening day

They list 24 now. That is Rakell plus 1 more, Emerson Etem I believe. He gets 775k. Still 2.5+ unaccounted for.

If they move Fowler they have 7 D so he doesn't have to be replaced. They gain 4 mil. Not enough to sign Lindholm. Has any team ever been so ripe for an offersheet?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They list 24 now. That is Rakell plus 1 more, Emerson Etem I believe. He gets 775k. Still 2.5+ unaccounted for.

If they move Fowler they have 7 D so he doesn't have to be replaced. They gain 4 mil. Not enough to sign Lindholm. Has any team ever been so ripe for an offersheet?

This would seem like a opportune time for an aggressive move.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Hmmm...okay...Trade Fowler ($4M), waive and send down Stoner ($950k), send down Ritchie (or Boll or Garbutt) ($900k) and put Thompson on LTIR ($1.6M), plus the $323k of space right now and you've got a maximum of $7.77M to work with. $6.17M before you start using the LTIR allowance.

Anaheim can do it if they move Fowler and put Thompson on LTIR. Maybe even without. Certainly enough for a big bridge.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hmmm...okay...Trade Fowler ($4M), waive and send down Stoner ($950k), send down Ritchie (or Boll or Garbutt) ($900k) and put Thompson on LTIR ($1.6M), plus the $323k of space right now and you've got a maximum of $7.77M to work with. $6.17M before you start using the LTIR allowance.

Anaheim can do it if they move Fowler and put Thompson on LTIR. Maybe even without. Certainly enough for a big bridge.

Yep. That is the type of but hurt squeeze you get in without cap space. Every GM in the league is offering you a couple peanuts for Fowler and you have to somehow make that work without getting any salary back.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yep. That is the type of but hurt squeeze you get in without cap space. Every GM in the league is offering you a couple peanuts for Fowler and you have to somehow make that work without getting any salary back.

They're hamstrung by NMCs too. That Bieksa contract is brutal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They're hamstrung by NMCs too. That Bieksa contract is brutal.

It really is an opportunity to make an aggressive move. Lindholm for Trouba and we will give you a little short term cap relief, maybe also taking on Stoner, so you can sign Trouba.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It really is an opportunity to make an aggressive move. Lindholm for Trouba and we will give you a little short term cap relief, maybe also taking on Stoner, so you can sign Trouba.

How is Lindholm as a penalty killer? I know the Corsi favours him heavily. Chiarot was on the ice for 2 PK goals, both affected by his positioning.

I think the Ducks would probably rather have Lindholm, and substitute Theodore for Fowler. Who wants Fowler though?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Lindholm for Trouba ( signed 2 a 2 year bridge @ 2.75 mill)and De Leo ( California kid who is close to making the Jump to the NHL) with the threat of a high offer sheet forcing Murray's hand. After the trade Lindholm is signed to a 7 year 6.5 mill deal.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Hmmm maybe LA and Cal will be desperate for a goalie after all ;) You can't go winless for long and the season is over almost before it starts.

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014
If this trade were to happen it WOULD have been settled. Period. It isn't settled now but it would be then. If it couldn't be settled NO trade of Trouba happens. Not this one and not any other one either. That is such a clear absolute that we don't even need to consider it. It is assumed in every Trouba trade suggestion. The other assumption that was quite obvious to begin with is that Pav is NOT a negative value at 50% because LAK are desperate for a goalie. The whole proposal of 2 trades hinged on that. If you are just going to ignore that then ignore the whole proposal because it doesn't exist without that. If you want to debate that assumption go ahead. The incentive is clear. It is that negative value you refer to. If you don't think LAK would want Pav then argue that.

I did argue that, by stating pavelec at a 1.95 million cap hit is negative value in a trade. Keri Ramo is still available as a free agent, I know he's not a world beater but his career numbers are similar to pavs if they want a stopgap goalie. I'm sure there are cheaper, better options than pavs availiable by trade too. So I repeat, I don't see the incentive for la to make this trade.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I did argue that, by stating pavelec at a 1.95 million cap hit is negative value in a trade. Keri Ramo is still available as a free agent, I know he's not a world beater but his career numbers are similar to pavs if they want a stopgap goalie. I'm sure there are cheaper, better options than pavs availiable by trade too. So I repeat, I don't see the incentive for la to make this trade.
You trade for another bloated contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad