Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-2 (Garland, Lindholm) | Oh, no…anyway!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Way too nice a rendition of that 5ft 5 weasel f..k find a 1960s penguin that's more like it

Never change my man, never change 😂

You guys are right, he DOES look like the Penguin.

200.webp

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and Flik

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
I don't think EP has broke a drop of sweat all season. No way this guy is flipping any kind of switch by Sunday.
He had a number of open looks to wire the puck but either his hand/wrist or his confidence is shot, cuz he just won't take it. I honestly can't remember the last time he stepped into one of his wristers and ripped one top corner like he used to do.

If there's no injury disclosed at the end of the season, Rutherford/Alvin's gotta be looking around.

Reactions: Indiana

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
He had a number of open looks to wire the puck but either his hand/wrist or his confidence is shot, cuz he just won't take it. I honestly can't remember the last time he stepped into one of his wristers and ripped one top corner like he used to do.

If there's no injury disclosed at the end of the season, Rutherford/Alvin's gotta be looking around.
He's definitely not injured, would never have played today if so, nor all the other 81 games this year.

He hasn't been much of a shooter, especially on the PP, since his first 2 seasons. This is just who he is at this point.

Reactions: Indiana

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Unless this cap goes WAY up... this 11.6mil is going to be an anchor.
Unfortunately, the organization was kind of tied... he has too much potential to just let him go and not pay him.

But the only thing that's been consistent is that he goes on cold stretches and pretty much vanishes for good portions of the season. The only reason his point totals have been high is because when he's on, he's very elite.

Reactions: Indiana and B-rock

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
If he was nursing anything he'd probably have stayed home with Boeser and Miller.
Remember 3 seasons ago where we played him like half a season injured?
Teams are never going to tell us exactly what is going on but it doesn’t take that much effort to realize Petey before and post trade deadline played differently.

He is taking way less shots so you can’t just rationalize that in the last 30 games he’s decided nah he doesn’t like shooting and he’s going to change his game. He’s also less mobile leading to him losing the puck more when he carries the puck. He’s not taking the puck to the net like he was in the previous 50ish games.

These are the same criticism that people here were throwing at him when he was slumping 3 seasons ago and he snapped out of it. He wasn’t sat back then and we see the same god damn thing now.

I swear posters here are so short sighted and overreact. Miller put up *only* a PPG season after his 99 pt season and people want to package picks to trade him away because he is done and this season he’s our bozo and MVP. Petey has a bad 30 games and he’s a f***ing bum now and he’s *only* a 89 point player.

It’s like somehow in you guys mind, players cannot simply go through any type of slump and if they do, they are absolutely cooked and cannot possibly recover to previous form despite just entering their physical prime. Do you guys not see how f***ing stupid and shortsighted your opinions are?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Remember 3 seasons ago where we played him like half a season injured?
Teams are never going to tell us exactly what is going on but it doesn’t take that much effort to realize Petey before and post trade deadline played differently.

He is taking way less shots so you can’t just rationalize that in the last 30 games he’s decided nah he doesn’t like shooting and he’s going to change his game. He’s also less mobile leading to him losing the puck more when he carries the puck. He’s not taking the puck to the net like he was in the previous 50ish games.

These are the same criticism that people here were throwing at him when he was slumping 3 seasons ago and he snapped out of it. He wasn’t sat back then and we see the same god damn thing now.

I swear posters here are so short sighted and overreact. Miller put up *only* a PPG season after his 99 pt season and people want to package picks to trade him away because he is done and this season he’s our bozo and MVP. Petey has a bad 30 games and he’s a f***ing bum now and he’s *only* a 89 point player.

It’s like somehow in you guys mind, players cannot simply go through any type of slump and if they do, they are absolutely cooked and cannot possibly recover to previous form despite just entering their physical prime. Do you guys not see how f***ing stupid and shortsighted your opinions are?

Uh, chill? I just said I see no reason Pettersson would have played last night if he could have benefitted from the rest. We've also seen no indication he's injured in any way, they acknowledged Boeser and Hronek were working through some lingering bang-ups and that's why they were staying in Vancouver.

Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Uh, chill? I just said I see no reason Pettersson would have played last night if he could have benefitted from the rest. We've also seen no indication he's injured in any way, they acknowledged Boeser and Hronek were working through some lingering bang-ups and that's why they were staying in Vancouver.
I am blunt, that’s how I type.
Petey had a bunch of maintenance days and toc talked about how Petey was taking it easy in a bunch of practice. Drance also mentioned that Petey and Miller ‘s ES I’ve had been dialed down since March.

There are signs everywhere

edit: just looked at the game logs .. can't seem to find detail splits anywhere.. the only thing that pops up is that he has 3 PP points since March. Like most have said, the PP has been so god awful that is probably the reason why his counting stats is as horrible. 11 ES points and 3 PP points in 20 games which is exactly in line with top players production. If your argument is well he doesn't look like he is having an impact, advance stats has his line having more high danger chance for and the only thing that is sticking out is finishing is way down which makes sense when you have Mik on the line.

Last edited:

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
No no no... he was a drummer for the Real McKenzies.
...and the amazing Ford Pier Vengeance Trio. Check them out... if you dare...

also I'm amused at the absolute lack of a single comment on this entire thread about Demko's puckhandling gaffe that led to the winning goal, although, as expected, a bunch of posters tried to blame the goal on Juulsen. Should be interesting to see the takes of the Goalie Messiah crowd if he falters in the playoffs...

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad