GDT: JETS @ CANADIENS - Feb. 7, 6:30pm CT - TSN2, RDS, TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Bengt

Forging a Stanley Cup champ 1 whiny post at a time
Mar 31, 2018
Winnipeg
Some look at a name on a jersey and ask: ‘could that be my name some day?’
I look at it and ask: ‘how can I rearrange those letters into something stupid?’

It's the…
Game Day Thread: Jets at Canadiens

and I'm using it to throw some…
“E-heat”: snide, jaded, catty anagrams

Examining the odious line-ups of just a few short years ago, you start to appreciate how our current
Centres and Wingers

…are truly…
transcending sewer

PhBxmcw.jpg

9IpHnng.jpg

uZHw0xm.jpg

srDQBTp.jpg

pr6sCiE.jpg

nsSnNJx.jpg

m3pioSZ.jpg

v0LWeNK.jpg

uksB8Qo.jpg

Vva6cWA.jpg

97CFVTg.jpg

8N4V9nf.jpg

FHRZIBk.jpg

fzQqT9g.jpg

A few short years ago, our defence was holier than the Pope. Nowadays, the stronger talent and discipline of our “thin blue-line” are combining to fix this. They’re our
Defencemen

…or the soldiers tasked with Operation…
Emend Fence

P1A7mxK.jpg

WdeMSaP.jpg

lbSRTjb.jpg

XZP0iex.jpg

XqDrCLX.jpg

Yu0WjIh.jpg

qHnchdh.jpg

mArNTqB.jpg

They’re the most important player on the ice; when they shine, we worship them; when they mess up, we want to push them off a cliff. They’re our
Goaltenders

…each one of which is a…
star on ledge…

WUCd5zn.jpg

dH5ayit.jpg

Let’s face it: to face the modern sports media each day (yet keep all competitive secrets), you need to be a little bit nutty, and a natural-born actor. Is the caption for each guy in this section: ‘Member of Jets
Hockey Operations’

..or ‘Cookey Thespian?’

u6126gL.jpg

wYjrzva.jpg

LMzt20N.jpg

TiCPB3u.jpg

D7esoMG.jpg
Speaking of modern media: these purveyors of the linguistic arts1 perform the key function of telling us - after the fact - the sacred truth as to who ‘wanted it more’. They’re our regional
TSN Broadcast Team

…to whom we’ve always listened raptly as they…
dabat sancta sermo2
1 In tribute to which, we mix in some (pig) Latin _ _ _ 2 gave the holy word

ax3M0ji.jpg

cyfF3GJ.jpg

IQNaRQV.jpg

mtMgp7L.jpg

Finally, no Jets/Habs GDT would be complete without pausing to lament the Jets who went to Montréal in July, to escape demanding fans and media fishbowls. They’re

Habs who once were Jets

…who say to anyone who claims they were discarded:

We chose new jobs, hater!

MZroaXM.jpg

ZnRvB0S.jpg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
This Montreal team has surprised many this year, as they have no superstars, but they are gritty, well coached and determined. They have their toughest test in the next 4 games --playing the Jets, Nashville, Leafs, and Tampa.

If Morrissey is playing ( it's 50-50) -- I think the Jet's win this game by 1 or 2 goals, but likely one, and maybe an empty netter.

This will be a lot tighter of a game than people expect -- it should be a "great game". The Habs always come out flying.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Some look at a name on a jersey and ask: ‘could that be my name some day?’
I look at it and ask: ‘how can I rearrange those letters into something stupid?’

It's the…
Game Day Thread: Jets at Canadiens

and I'm using it to throw some…
“E-heat”: snide, jaded, catty anagrams

Examining the odious line-ups of just a few short years ago, you start to appreciate how our current
Centres and Wingers

…are truly…
transcending sewer

PhBxmcw.jpg

9IpHnng.jpg

uZHw0xm.jpg

srDQBTp.jpg

pr6sCiE.jpg

nsSnNJx.jpg

m3pioSZ.jpg

v0LWeNK.jpg

uksB8Qo.jpg

Vva6cWA.jpg

97CFVTg.jpg

8N4V9nf.jpg

FHRZIBk.jpg

fzQqT9g.jpg

A few short years ago, our defence was holier than the Pope. Nowadays, the stronger talent and discipline of our “thin blue-line” are combining to fix this. They’re our
Defencemen

…or the soldiers tasked with Operation…
Emend Fence

P1A7mxK.jpg

WdeMSaP.jpg

lbSRTjb.jpg

XZP0iex.jpg

XqDrCLX.jpg

Yu0WjIh.jpg

qHnchdh.jpg

mArNTqB.jpg

They’re the most important player on the ice; when they shine, we worship them; when they mess up, we want to push them off a cliff. They’re our
Goaltenders

…each one of which is a…
star on ledge…

WUCd5zn.jpg

dH5ayit.jpg

Let’s face it: to face the modern sports media each day (yet keep all competitive secrets), you need to be a little bit nutty, and a natural-born actor. Is the caption for each guy in this section: ‘Member of Jets
Hockey Operations’

..or ‘Cookey Thespian?’

u6126gL.jpg

wYjrzva.jpg

LMzt20N.jpg

TiCPB3u.jpg

D7esoMG.jpg

Speaking of modern media: these purveyors of the linguistic arts1 perform the key function of telling us - after the fact - the sacred truth as to who ‘wanted it more’. They’re our regional
TSN Broadcast Team

…to whom we’ve always listened raptly as they…
dabat sancta sermo2
1 In tribute to which, we mix in some (pig) Latin _ _ _ 2 gave the holy word

ax3M0ji.jpg

cyfF3GJ.jpg

IQNaRQV.jpg

mtMgp7L.jpg

Finally, no Jets/Habs GDT would be complete without pausing to lament the Jets who went to Montréal in July, to escape demanding fans and media fishbowls. They’re

Habs who once were Jets

…who say to anyone who claims they were discarded:

We chose new jobs, hater!

MZroaXM.jpg

ZnRvB0S.jpg

Nice touch with the "soft edges" on the photos.
Kinda sounds like something Beyek would say.

Montreal will be tough.
Now would be an excellent time for Laine to pot at least one to get the monkey off his back.
Visits to 2 Canadian markets will only add to the microscopic dissection of his play.
If the Jets could get a good hypnotist on staff I think that would be key.
Just need to make Laine think it's November again ;)

Reactions: Jets 31

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Go jets Go

Habs normally play Jets tough.

Must win.
The Jets always play like they're hungover in Montreal.

But the Habs are a well-coached team in the neutral zone that could give the Jets breakout some problems.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Buff is BACK !!!:banana:Great job on the GDT Bengt , way too much thinnin for me . :laugh: Buff will set up Laine tonight on the PP and it will get Laine rolling again . Lets keep picking up wins or at least a point and keep Nashville in the rear view mirror . :thumbu:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yet !! We will need it for whoever Chevy gets at the deadline .
We also have a potential of $4.12 M in performance bonuses. Even a slumping Laine will have likely earned most of his $2.65 M, and Connor will no doubt get his $850,000, the rest is unknown but if it is in games played it might only be Niku who doesn't get enough games in. A TD pickup might put us real close to bonus overages next season.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We also have a potential of $4.12 M in performance bonuses. Even a slumping Laine will have likely earned most of his $2.65 M, and Connor will no doubt get his $850,000, the rest is unknown but if it is in games played it might only be Niku who doesn't get enough games in. A TD pickup might put us real close to bonus overages next season.
Ya this GMing thing is alot tougher than one would think . :phew:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Cap friendly does include those bonuses in their projected cap space total. But even so, Armia/Mason would have handcuffed the Jets at the deadline.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Cap friendly does include those bonuses in their projected cap space total. But even so, Armia/Mason would have handcuffed the Jets at the deadline.
Potential performance bonuses are not included in projected cap hit the are listed in addition to. Projected cap hit for the Jets is $73.8 M, expected salary expenditures is a couple million higher with a potential of $4.12 performance bonuses added onto that if achieved.

Reactions: Spock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad