GDT: Jets @ Bruins | Sat Nov 19, 6PM >>> SUPERHEROES

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
How many years are we going to wait to get a goalie! This organization has to start winning! We going to wait until we get rid of Little, Wheeler, Enstrom, Trouba and a Buff getting too old.

Then be prepared to lose a guy like Ehlers or Kyle Connor along with Hellebuyck or Comrie. Personally, I believe it's a bit premature to think we're cup contenders today with a goalie change. There aren't exactly a surplus of Carey Price's available around the league either.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Injuries and schedule finally getting to them, methinks.

Can't wait until Little is back. And Perrault. And Matthias, Armia. And Myers. I'll stop there, as I can do without the others. ;)

Not that surprising that the big guns have run out of gas. They all have been playing too many minutes and it shows.

Scheifele and Wheeler close to 21 minutes per game, Buff close to 30 and Laine as a rookie above 18. It's no wonder they are gassed. We need some of our vets back to take some of those minutes.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
- Lose face off
- Get possession, dump it as soon as you can
- if you get possession in offensive zone, cycle until you loose the puck
- repeat

And this is why possesion stats need to be taken with the worlds largest grain of salt with the Jets.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Schief needs to go to face off summer school,

You messed up you read the paper
You accidentally watched your stats

Time out for bad face-off'S

You need to go to face-off summer school

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It's easy to pump the NEXT goalies tires.
This board has done this with Hutch, Helle and now Comrie
Hopefully Helle or Hutch can regroup.
Hutch had not been the problem tonight

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Laine with an awesome attempt there. Looked like he was trying to actually get it in the net too - wasn't right at the goalie or totally wide (like lots of our other shooters sometimes lol)

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Ever wonder how a game between an NHL team against a Jr team would go? Likely something like this.

I said if we could make it through the main Injuries, mostly Little and Perreault and be .500 or around .500 we did good. So as long as we don't go 0-5 or 1-4 on this trip we will ok

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
I am totally fine with the Jets decision to go with Hellebuyck and Hutchinson this season BUT if it does not turn out Chevy better get a goalie in the off season.

Who's to say we don't have a 3 way competition next season for net with Helle, Comrie, and Hutch? Hutch can play in the AHL imo, and we'd then be looking to ride Hellebuyck and Comrie to glory. I don't think this organization wants to make a big deal like that without knowing what he have in our own system first.

its been 6 years of garbage goaltending...and its not like any of the Jets goalies were/are elite prospects. A steady/reliable #1 goalie should be the main priority for any franchise. Trade Trouba, trade buff, trade a first round pick..I dont care....just bring in someone who is going to play like garbage only once every ten games instead of once every two or three games like we have since 2011.

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
Even bruins commentators are noticing buff's selfishness by not passing to laine. This guy just needs to be benched right now.

I thought we were just imagining that.. Just take the damn man out of PP1 for ****s sake. Try something different!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hey Postma, they sell those orange and fluorescent yellow safety vests at Mark's, make you look like a real pylon!:rant::help::shakehead:laugh:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Are ya'll talking about goaltending even watching the game? How is goaltending even a remotely relevant topic in a game like this. :laugh:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
its been 6 years of garbage goaltending...and its not like any of the Jets goalies were/are elite prospects. A steady/reliable #1 goalie should be the main priority for any franchise. Trade Trouba, trade buff, trade a first round pick..I dont care....just bring in someone who is going to play like garbage only once every ten games instead of once every two or three games like we have since 2011.

That's not true, Hellebuyck was one of the highest rated goalie prospects up there with Matt Murray and Vasilievsky(sp?). Whether it's true or not, people have said Comrie's upside is higher.

Are ya'll talking about goaltending even watching the game? How is goaltending even a remotely relevant topic in a game like this. :laugh:

No, I'm munching on popcorn and listening in the other room. I missed the second period and came back to a **** show lol. Just discussing the hockey team while listening.

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
Were bound to have a few of these games every year. We were so bad tonight I'm confident the guys will be motivated to push through their fatigue tomorrow. On to the next one

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

Not to say we don't have a problem in net,but under 10 shots in late 3rd period. You are not going to win any games doing that.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

I agree that goaltender has been extremely frustrating with this team.
Way too early for an indictment on Helle has a stater, we need to give Helle a full season.
Hutch could still be a capable back up.
But generally I agree with your post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad