GDT: Jets @ Bolts • Jan 3, 2017 6:30pm CT(2:30am Finland) • Lightning Girls Edition • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal

vs
Winnipeg Jets 17-19-3 (37pts) @ Tampa Bay Lightning 19-15-4 (42pts)
(Info: NHL)Team begins new year with back-to-back set in Florida

Next on the schedule for the Jets is the Tampa Bay Lightning, who at 19-15-4 sit fourth in the Atlantic Division.
It's the third of five straight games the Jets play against the Eastern Conference. Jets head coach Paul Maurice has said he's noticed the East is much faster this season than in previous ones, and the Lightning were one of the teams that started that trend.
"They certainly had a real active back end, maybe more than some other teams early on in the East when the transition happened," he said. "They went to a bit more of a skill line-up, they have some physical guys for sure, but they went to that speed and skill… Ben Bishop came in, and some veteran pieces came in on the back end, and they brought some young skill up front to match."
Tyler Myers traveled with the team from Winnipeg, and although the defenceman didn't participate in today's skate, coach Paul Maurice said Myers is progressing, and his injury is in the hands of Dr. Craig Slaunwhite, the team's Director of Fitness.
After being placed on waivers yesterday, Alexander Burmistrov was claimed by the Arizona Coyotes today. Maurice says he's happy for the forward, even if things didn't work out in Winnipeg.
"I'm happy for him… Alex and I have had a number of conversations about what he was hoping to have here. I just had other players ahead of him, and the role he was looking for wasn't here," said Maurice. "Maybe he gets the opportunity he's been looking for to play with the top end guys and get some power play minutes, things like that."
Burmistrov had two points in 23 games with the Jets this season.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
But do the Lightning girls bring you chocolate cake when they come home?
I don't think so!

C1OkJuuUAAADOe_.jpg:large

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Awesome GDT!:handclap:

Hope the Jets can put distractions aside for a couple hours and actually focus on the game and put in an actual effort or is that too much to ask for guys making $20-60 K per game?:sarcasm:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What is the Jets record on your record on the GDTs? I wanna see what the correlation is between the effort put in the GDT and the Jets' play on ice

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Who do we think is starting in goal tonight ? I would ride Helly until our next back to back games, then i would play Pavelec .... Just some really crappy cold day humor .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hilarious GDT love the retro 90 pound weakling comic.

Wow Hedman is amazing.

I have given up trying to figure out what Jets team will show up so I hope its the one that winz every second game.

GJG

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Yeah I can't figure this team out either. Some games they are dominant then they have efforts like the last game. As others have said elsewhere though I think goaltending continues to be our Achilles heel and one deflating bad goals contribute to the inconsistency. The one time we had good goaltending we made the playoffs.

At is point I have no expectations, just hoping for an entertaining game.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Holy GDT! There were men and women!

I didn't see Tarja in there but maybe soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad