Jets Board WJC Pool (Hero of Canton is your champion)

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
As much as I want to take our guy, I'm going go have to go with Huberdeau with the third pick

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ok, so I've posted the clock in the title, I'll try to keep it updated as much as possible. Please check the thread though, since the title will not always be updated. Hammer and Hank can edit the title as well, so if I am not online, please do so guys.

Just so everyones clear on how this works, I'll go over it. Once the person in front of you makes their selection, you have 6 hours to make your selection. They should be sending you a PM. The clock will only run from 8am CST to 2am CST. So since Canadian Airlines is up next, and I did not say the draft would start Sunday, his clock will run from 8am Monday morning until 2pm. If he has not selected, I will make the selection and the next person will be PMed and their clock will start. If your clock starts at say 10pm one night, 4 hours will run off and you have to make your selection by 10am the following morning (after 2 more hours have run off). You may make your selections on the off hours, but the next person's clock will not start until 8am.

We will try this. If we are running out of time, we'll see what can be done to increase the pace. Thanks.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Are we implementing some sort of "security" for your picks... I know it probably won't be an issue, but some of the smaller countries are super hard to research and players status and team rosters aren't set in stone. If someone were to pick a forward from Latvia or some smaller country who ends up not making the final roster, would we allow them to switch for another undrafted player?

EDIT: Actually nevermind, it shouldnt be an issue, by the time we get that deep the rosters should be all finalized.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Are we implementing some sort of "security" for your picks... I know it probably won't be an issue, but some of the smaller countries are super hard to research and players status and team rosters aren't set in stone. If someone were to pick a forward from Latvia or some smaller country who ends up not making the final roster, would we allow them to switch for another undrafted player?

EDIT: Actually nevermind, it shouldnt be an issue, by the time we get that deep the rosters should be all finalized.

Hopefully that will be the case. Let's take this on a case by case situation.

If were not sure we'll be online, we can send you a list correct?

Yes. Just send it to me and I will pick it for you. If you send me a list, I'll take care of the PMing the next person and ensuring the draft keeps moving. I am doing nothing but studying for the next few days, then nothing at all, so I'll be checking in quite frequently here :laugh:.

Lux Aurumque*

With the fourth pick, I'm taking Mark Scheifele.

Playing with Huberdeau and RNH, he's guaranteed to put up points.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
And there goes the obvious top 4...guess that was to be expected...

So many possibles here, but I'm going with American C Alex Galchenyuk.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
at this pace, and 9 days to go, we won't be able to make 10 picks each....

EDIT: oops quoted wrong post, but you get my point!

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
at this pace, and 9 days to go, we won't be able to make 10 picks each....

EDIT: oops quoted wrong post, but you get my point!

It's gonna be tight. We need to basically go little better than a round a day (8 rounds left in 7 days + xmas which nobody will be on for). It should speed up a bit at the start/end of every round with the back to back picks, particularly if the last two happen to be online. We'll see how it goes, if we are not close by the 23rd, we'll look at alternatives (lists, cutting rounds, everybody online for an hour to finish the thing, etc).

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
ASAP I had my son all day away from technology....and my pick just got taken so I will be a few minutes

haha, I'm gonna be offline for a while so I'm getting all worried about having to make your pick, and in you come with plenty of time. I should have known better than to doubt you ps241...

btw, stick around ps241 after you make your pick, mzappa in online and will make his in the next few minutes I think, so you'll be right back up...

Last edited:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Don't move very far - i'm making two right after you and i'm good to go.

UNLESS you take my guy~!!!!

ASAP I had my son all day away from technology....and my pick just got taken so I will be a few minutes

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
haha, I'm gonna be offline for a while so I'm getting all worried about having to make your pick, and in you come with plenty of time. I should have known better than to doubt you ps241...

HC 6:42 Winnipeg time (I assume)

I am just making dinner.......my 2nd pick will be very quick guys ;)

Sorry to torture you mzappa but the domestic challenges (opportunities) are present currently ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad