Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Blues, Tue, 29 Oct 2013 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Gonna need to keep bringing the effort of the last 4. Really going to need a lot of A games to win this one.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Honestly, I've enjoyed watching the Jets type of play over the past few games. I find the back and forth, fast paced games exciting to watch. If they can just be that fast in our own end, I'll be very happy!

Looking forward to this one.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'm afraid of Steen. :(

I don't think this much offense from him will be the norm, and think it will taper off, but Steen is an excellent 2 way, 200ft player.

I've had my eye on Steen for years, waiting and hoping he makes it to UFA status (really don't see how the Blues don't re sign him), and hoping the Jets use Jokinin's money plus a bit more to get him here.

I will keep hoping and beating that drum until he either re signs in St. Louis, or goes somewhere else.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If I see the same effort out of this team as the past 4 games, I think we have a pretty decent shot to win. We didn't let the Blues push us around and they dominate teams when they win the physical battle.

Just waiting to see what new idiotic moves Noel will make in this one. I supported him through plenty of head scratching moments over the first 2 seasons but I just can't defend it anymore.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Jets will play the game of hockey for 60+ minutes.

Fans will think the Jets are playing hockey for some fraction (large or small) of that 60+ minutes.

The team with the most goals will win.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I don't think this much offense from him will be the norm, and think it will taper off, but Steen is an excellent 2 way, 200ft player.

I've had my eye on Steen for years, waiting and hoping he makes it to UFA status (really don't see how the Blues don't re sign him), and hoping the Jets use Jokinin's money plus a bit more to get him here.

I will keep hoping and beating that drum until he either re signs in St. Louis, or goes somewhere else.

Would love to have Steen here as well. Big fan of his game and nothing to do with his dad either, though I loved his game too.

Does Steen become this year's Jets killer a la Versteeg?

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
Jets 2.0 versus Steen 2.0

I seem to remember Ken Hitchcock hockey as boring but last game against the Blues was a lot of fun to watch. If Jets bring same effort we brought against Caps/Preds/Stars I think they can take this one by surprise or at least grab a point from OT/SO.

I would lean on Peluso in this game if Jets need a spark. That guy is giving off the right vibes.

GO JETS GO

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
I seem to remember Ken Hitchcock hockey as boring but last game against the Blues was a lot of fun to watch.

I would lean on Peluso in this game if Jets need a spark. That guy is giving off the right vibes.

Good coaches change their system to adapt to their roster. You might've thought the grinding&shot-blocking 2010-11 NYR were a boring team but you probably wouldn't have thought the same of the 03-04 Lightning.

I really hope we see a fair bit of Peluso too. He played really well against Nashville and I'd like to see it continue; he's fun to watch.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I would be more than happy if the Jets played the whole season the way they have played the last four games... effort wise.

The effort is there, the bounces just haven't been. The bounces tend to even out over time, that's why you can't stop playing hard.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
20% we win this with a solid all around play.
40% we lose with a hard fought game.
40% we lose in a spectacular fashion like last game.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
This is the first game of the rest of your lives boys! Get out there and skate fast and hit that puck hard with your sticks. And you there with the goalie pads on, you be sure and not let any pucks into that big net behind you now right! Look lively boys we've got a game to compete hard in so lets go work and contribute to the best of our abilities on offence and defence! GRR JERTS GRR!!!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I have NO idea what to expect tomorrow. I've always been a bit of a Noel supporter, but his most recent lineup changes and line juggling simply has me scratching my head. The Jets might not be the most talented team in the league, but I think they're better than their current record.

Kent C Tugood: you're up for the GDT!

Go :jets Go!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Anyone hear the interview with Chevy just now on 1290? Interesting interview. Here's what I took from it:

They are fine with Montoya. They are less fine with Pavs. Montoya got some specific positive comments while Pavs got comments like "we're always challenging Ondrej" and "He's in better condition than in the past." Nothing close to "he's been superb."

I think there may be a trade in the works. (not Pavs. Just a trade in general)

No mention of coaching. I suspect it was deemed "off limits" for the interview. (unless I somehow missed a question...

All the above is totally off-the-cuff interpretations of my own and have no real basis in hard fact. Just the way I heard some of what Chevy said...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Anyone hear the interview with Chevy just now on 1290? Interesting interview. Here's what I took from it:

They are fine with Montoya. They are less fine with Pavs. Montoya got some specific positive comments while Pavs got comments like "we're always challenging Ondrej" and "He's in better condition than in the past." Nothing close to "he's been superb."

All the above is totally off-the-cuff interpretations of my own and have no real basis in hard fact. Just the way I heard some of what Chevy said...

No surprise there regards Montoya IMO. Montoya is giving them all anyone can ask for in a backup. Shows up for practice, doesn't seem to complain about ice time, and good performance when he does play.

If Chevy thinks they need to challenge Pavs, then what I would like the Jets to do is play Montoya for about 5 games in a row regardless of what happens and send the message to Pavs. Perform like the #1 goalie we are paying you to be or you won't be playing. If at the end of that Pavs commits to working at playing his best, great. And if he pouts and asks to be traded, fine as well.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think there may be a trade in the works. (not Pavs. Just a trade in general)

I got the same sense from Hockey Central At Noon. When asked what the Jets needed to add to make them better. He said if they could add someone who could provide an offensive spark. Then he went on about perhaps finding it from within the organization but I got the sense there's more to it than just being patient. (paraphrasing from memory on all this)

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I got the same sense from Hockey Central At Noon. When asked what the Jets needed to add to make them better. He said if they could add someone who could provide an offensive spark. Then he went on about perhaps finding it from within the organization but I got the sense there's more to it than just being patient. (paraphrasing from memory on all this)

I listened in and got the same feelings you did. I sense Chevy is actively trying to upgrade the team offensively. Chevy doesn't tip his hand too often but from what he said during the interview, I feel something is up and possibly in the works. But, with that being said, lots of trades never happen, they're tough to make. So we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad