GDT: Jets @ Blues | Mon Mar 17, 7PM | Scottrade Center | "Go Jets Go!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You knew something was going to happen when we call a TO with 10 sec left down 2. Kind of a BS move by Maurice but whatever

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice to see some emotion there. Buff is a beauty, he's getting facepalmed and all he's worrying about is getting the guy off of Little. No wonder they love that beauty.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Nice to see that kind of emotion. Love the physical play, but Pieterangelo and Sobotka need to have their faces caved in next time we play them. Absolutely dirty plays there.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Nice to see some emotion there. Buff is a beauty, he's getting facepalmed and all he's worrying about is getting the guy off of Little. No wonder they love that beauty.

Wasn't the biggest Buff fan last couple seasons but I love him this season, big, physical, can score, too much to handle, sticks up for teammates regardless of his own safety!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not a secret that Maxime Lapierre is a walking piece of human excrement. You can also add Vladimir Sobotka to the list. What a bum.

Hopefully other teams say this about Lipon down the road. We need a guy like this in our line up that other teams hate.

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't agree at all, he takes the timeout to calm his team down then puts out a scoring line. Meanwhile the blues ice Reeves and Lapierre

Calm them down from what? You call a TO in that situation and 9/10 your opposition is going to to throw their tough guys out there.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Yeah, I'm starting to get on the "never let Buff walk" train. We're going to need that body against these goons.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Okay :laugh: if Buff can keep up the intensity or scoring, I have no problems keeping him for next season. That was a crazy game and for a back to back facing the best team in the league, I'll take it.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
You knew something was going to happen when we call a TO with 10 sec left down 2. Kind of a BS move by Maurice but whatever

Are you implying that the Jets started that?

I distinctly saw two Blues go after Buff in the corner, for no particular reason.

Further, Little Willy thought 2 on 1 wasn't enough.

St Louis manliness. Nice.

Hero of Canton

My very own riot?
Feb 2, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Calm them down from what? You call a TO in that situation and 9/10 your opposition is going to to throw their tough guys out there.

It has been an chippy game and some calls haven't gone your way so he takes the time out to try and get his guys to not do anything stupid. The blues have the last change and do not have to put those guys on the ice.

But whatever does not matter because a brawl ensued anyways

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Hopefully other teams say this about Lipon down the road. We need a guy like this in our line up that other teams hate.

I don't want a yappy ***** on my team. I want Marty ****ing McSorley. I want the guy that ends this ****. Sobotka, Lapierre, Bouwmeester, I want these guys to be afraid to even start this.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

The game was messed up, and sewn up. Hitchcock had the last change. Putting out Reaves and Lappierre was bush-league. The Blues play a tough game. Props to them. But the Jets didn't give one inch. A couple of really dirty plays by the Blues. The hit by Reaves on Stuart from behind was dangerous and dirty, and would have had most Canuck or Avs players making upside down snow angels on the ice. If Stuart does that it's likely a 5-min major to Reaves. Instead he bounces up, takes a number and hits him next rush. Kudos to the Jets for signing Stu.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
The game was messed up, and sewn up. Hitchcock had the last change. Putting out Reaves and Lappierre was bush-league. The Blues play a tough game. Props to them. But the Jets didn't give one inch. A couple of really dirty plays by the Blues. The hit by Reaves on Stuart from behind was dangerous and dirty, and would have had most Canuck or Avs players making upside down snow angels on the ice. If Stuart does that it's likely a 5-min major to Reaves. Instead he bounces up, takes a number and hits him next rush. Kudos to the Jets for signing Stu.

Most teams will put out their 4th line. No use getting someone injured with so little time left.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't want a yappy ***** on my team. I want Marty ****ing McSorley. I want the guy that ends this ****. Sobotka, Lapierre, Bouwmeester, I want these guys to be afraid to even start this.

That's not the way the league works anymore none of them ever have to be afraid to face The McSorely type....they are safe which is why they can do what they do.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Blues-Jets games should be even more interesting when Hitchs buddy Noel joins him behind the bench!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad