GDT: Jets @ Blues • Sat, Dec 03, 6PM • This is where I draw the Laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
TGqseE5.png

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Expecting some road scoring from Laine, not 6 goals or more let in by Helle and Ehlers finally potting some of them goals.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Need a big bounce back game. Would like to see Thorbs out of the lineup so the 4th line can eat up some minutes in the 1st of a B2B but we''ll be lucky if Maurice doesn't call up Peluso for the game and sit a healthy Nik Petan. Oh yeah, he did that last year.:shakehead

As far as this vet love in by Jets PBP fellow Beyak. The vets sure led the way last game - Thorbs started with his bad penalty and Stafford found his way in their too. Of course, some young guys found their way in too but the vet love in is just too much.

If the coach ends up with Stafford defending against Tarasenko we are going to get killed. Stafford should not be playing above the 3rd line let alone matching up against the other teams best. Yes, I realize we have injuries but we may actually be better off with Burmi in that spot.

Hoping for the best. We have some really nice pieces.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hutchinson's the typical Chicago starter. would be surprised if that changed
Ya but Helly just shut them out the last time they played , pleeeeease no Thorburn tonight , i wonder if Petan could play .

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ya but Helly just shut them out the last time they played , pleeeeease no Thorburn tonight , i wonder if Petan could play .

What's the rules with regards to IR time frames. He was put retroactively to the 27th I think. Would that allow him to play today or would the first day he'd be eligible is tomorrow (7 days) after being placed on it.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Wouldn't mind seeing this bottom 6 tonight.

Connor Perreault Dano
Copp Lowry Tanev

Stl lost some toughness this off-season, but you can bet your bottom dollar Thorburn will be in

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wouldn't mind seeing this bottom 6 tonight.

Connor Perreault Dano
Copp Lowry Tanev

Stl lost some toughness this off-season, but you can bet your bottom dollar Thorburn will be in
This would be a very good lineup , Maurice said the Jets were not a big and physical team , they were a fast and skilled team , then Thorburn should only be cheerleader from the press box now.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Winnipeg Sun said they had Buff in front of the net for PP in practice yesterday . I like this WAY better than Lowry because you need someone with a little offensive touch to tip shots and bang in rebounds , Lowry has none of this . Oh and apparently Buff wasn't too thrilled about it .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The Winnipeg Sun said they had Buff in front of the net for PP in practice yesterday . I like this WAY better than Lowry because you need someone with a little offensive touch to tip shots and bang in rebounds , Lowry has none of this . Oh and apparently Buff wasn't too thrilled about it .

Maybe he should learn how to hit the net and not clap one timers at guys heads in front if he's not happy.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Saw some of the Blues fans thoughts on Laine, hopefully Laine read those too and dominates tonight.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Saw some of the Blues fans thoughts on Laine, hopefully Laine read those too and dominates tonight.

Where, if i might ask? :naughty:

E: Found it. I love how they think taking away his blue line is going to do jacks ****, just like it has done nothing to Ovie. Also i love how people who obviously haven't watched a single Jets game talk about Laine like they know something. These people watch the Gifs, read some angry Leafs fans opinions about how Laine only has the shot, and make up their mind.

Last edited:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I feel like we're getting to must win territory if we have any realistic aspersions of making the playoffs. We need at least 2 points out of this btb.

Yep. Maurice needs to provide them the best chance to win and the team can't afford to lose games on their own anymore. If we get beat by a better team, so be it but the self-destructive behaviors have to stop b4 this team is ready to seriously contend.

Not sure if the poor dzone play some days is systems or execution(probly a little of both) but improving that would go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad