Now c'mon Jets... put in a full 60 and LET'S DO THIS!!! :yo:

chicago-voodoo.gif

Or don't and get a higher draft pick... whatevs... :banghead:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks for the ultra quickie GDT @jefferoni

Unlike the iconic impulses of the character of your amusing avatar, I do not shake my privates at you. I do however feel compelled to shake them at the Hawks - and why not?

Just win lads. The Hawks can be had.

WIns are great fun, tanking is not my cup of tea.
Fun is something to be sought and savoured, unabashedly so.

:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
london-march-30-a-modern-colorful-graffiti-of-william-shakespeare-HYYP3N.jpg

Who is it that says explode it? which can say more
That Hawks alone will drink their own sullen sellish brew?
In whose Jettish confine immured is the goal-store
Whose example shineth that where draft and develop grew.
Lean penury within that pen doth dwell
That to his subject lends not some small glory;
But let us dwell on Jets winning ways, if he can tell
Let Copper and Stastny so dignify this story,
Aye let Shuffles and KFC but wire it past their goalie git,
PLD will gain the zone and make worse their defence dear,
And resurrect Dillon and his counterparts with savage happy wit,
Lurch smash his way to their net, his style tipped with a beer.
Lets win - and to your beauteous blessings shall add a seller’s curse,
Being fond of future praise, which makes your current praises worse.**

** written with some trepidation of the looming farmer's market of sell offs. Its not personal. ;)

Next game - the writer's POV will swing to the other side, and the tapestry of the poem will be coloured with that of the tone and intent of the (puffs a cuban cigar, and swishes some single malt, neat, in a heavy tumbler) impartial business tycoon, the view of the captain of industry, as portrayed in the always nebulous but somehow rosy future, bundled tight with a pin point view - the venerable sale.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Thanks @jefferoni for the "quickie" GDT. Whenever I see that term, my mind always turns to the gutter...:eek3:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

What are the Jets going to do tonight? Show up and play like an actual team for sixty minutes...

giphy.gif

....or are they just going to go through the motions and play a half-assed approach?

giphy.gif

Will the Jets have Andrew Copp and Paul Stastny in the lineup....

8477429@2x.jpg
8471669@2x.jpg

...or will they be sat out in anticipation of a trade?

giphy.gif

Who else may be moving out?

Who may be coming in?

Is Chevy actively on the phone...

maxresdefault.jpg

...or is he updating his Windows Operating System at his cottage?

th

Whatever happens, happens. All I know is that I still love this team!

th

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So happy they sent Vesalainen down. He got a good long look but did practically nothing with it. I've never seen a big man get pushed off the puck so easily (Laine and Schiefele come to mind though).

Maybe this will light a fire under him and he'll realize he needs to work a lot harder to play in the NHL. If say one thing to him: "watch Dubois. Play like him"

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I like Malott, still much more impressed by Eyssimont whenever I watch the Moose though. Gritty and skilled. Scored a nice breakaway goal yesterday that he created by hounding the opposing player with the puck.

That came immediately after Iowa had scored to get within 1, completely changed the momentum of the game.

Crazy how spread out scoring is on the Moose. Top scorer is Cole Maier with 29 points in 51 games.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I like Malott, still much more impressed by Eyssimont whenever I watch the Moose though. Gritty and skilled. Scored a nice breakaway goal yesterday that he created by hounding the opposing player with the puck.

Crazy how spread out scoring is on the Moose. Top scorer is Cole Maier with 29 points in 51 games.
Yep, Mikey is an interesting player. Very scrappy and has some good skill, a true agitator in the JC Lipon vein but with a bit more skill and consistency (and fewer insane penalties). He also plays well in tight and deserves a shot. Maybe follows Gus as the next man up should Stats be traded.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yep, Mikey is an interesting player. Very scrappy and has some good skill, a true agitator in the JC Lipon vein but with a bit more skill and consistency (and fewer insane penalties). He also plays well in tight and deserves a shot. Maybe follows Gus as the next man up should Stats be traded.
Yeah I was struggling to think of a comparison. He's not big but his motor doesn't stop and his hands surprise me multiple times a game. A flashier Tanev maybe? I would also love to see Maier get a chance, wouldn't ever be more than a 4th liner but he's such a safe player. Guy owns the space in front of his own net and the fact that he's starting to put up points this year is just an added bonus.

It's actually crazy how cohesive the Moose are compared to the Jets. So many one touch plays and familiarity with each other. So many chaotic board/net front situations where nobody gets lost, they know who's digging, and the player who's digging knows where their outlets are. That's not to say they'd be that good at the NHL level but it's been fun cheering for and watching a team that don't look like a disorganized mess 80% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad