GDT: Jets @ Blackhawks • Thu, Jan 26 • 730PM CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
cut.jpg

If you want to talk about tanking, go here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2154205

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It is not impossible that this is the beginning of a 7 game winning streak.

Not likely.

But not impossible.

We will need to get one of those between now and the end of the season or we are done. This is the weirdest team we have ever had in the 2.0 era so I have not quite bailed but I now give us at less than a 10% chance. I think there is very little chance we get a 4th in a row against Chicago. If Toby is gone this could be ugly tonight.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Will probably get rewarded with a win tonight given our last few...

Unless Pavelec is in net, in which case I'm never confident. Scoring 4 against Chicago won't be easy.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Will probably get rewarded with a win tonight given our last few...

Unless Pavelec is in net, in which case I'm never confident. Scoring 4 against Chicago won't be easy.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't put this out as a justification, I still think starting Pavs against SJ was indefensible, but could one of the things they're working on with Helle be getting him used to the new pants prior to February 4th and they're going to release him when he's 100% ready? Just a thought ... at this point I don't know what they're doing anymore.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As I posted before, Maurice has to recognize the importance of developing Hellebuyck. The rest of the season should be devoted to that objective in goal. Pavs is irrelevant going forward, and he's not going to take this team to the playoffs.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Jets 3, Hawks 0.66, easy Win.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
My thoughts exactly.

I don't put this out as a justification, I still think starting Pavs against SJ was indefensible, but could one of the things they're working on with Helle be getting him used to the new pants prior to February 4th and they're going to release him when he's 100% ready? Just a thought ... at this point I don't know what they're doing anymore.

Maurice's approach to the goalie situation is truly puzzling. I hope that Pavs has disabused him of the notion that he has another prolonged hot streak in him to take the Jets to the playoffs. Use him if the purpose is to let Hellebuyck work intensively on his game, but Pavs is irrelevant for this franchise now, and should be treated accordingly. He's shown once again that too often the Jets need to score an extra goal, or maybe two, in too many of Pavs' games if they want to get a point or two.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Whilee, I have hope that the powers-that-be do not see Pavelec as a long-term solution, if for no other reason than that Gary Lawless (who many consider a mouthpiece for TNSE) has said this over and over.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Whilee, I have hope that the powers-that-be do not see Pavelec as a long-term solution, if for no other reason than that Gary Lawless (who many consider a mouthpiece for TNSE) has said this over and over.

I'm pretty sure they don't. I sort of feel that Maurice got frustrated and blew a gasket and demanded to have Pavs. I think Chevy has moved on and Pavs will just be a bad memory after this season.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm pretty sure they don't. I sort of feel that Maurice got frustrated and blew a gasket and demanded to have Pavs. I think Chevy has moved on and Pavs will just be a bad memory after this season.

Only because someone said "Maurice blew a gasket", mise well share this :P

1idv28.jpg

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Maurice’s MO for 20 years is to keep playing veteran regardless of mistakes or ability to get the job done and to bench young players quickly for relatively small issues, or at least things he’s never consider benching a veteran for. Helle’s had some struggles and because of that Paves is going to get most or all the starts from now until we have no shot left at the playoffs regardless of what his number look like. I think Pavs starts today and if he doesn’t he’ll still start at least 8 of the next 10 games after the all star break regardless of sv% or team wins.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Only because someone said "Maurice blew a gasket", mise well share this :P

1idv28.jpg

Perfect. This illustrates the emotional response Maurice has had with Hellebuyck this season, and last. 7 hooks is pretty epic for a young goalie that hasn't really hasn't been that bad.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
We have good success against the Hawks
Either they don't get up for us or we are simply a bad match up for them
Hutch and Helle have pretty good records against them

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
id assume Helle will get the start...

geeze a lot of pressure on the kid playing his first game back since 2 weeks ago against the Hawks

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
This is not a good game for Helle to come back into. We are going to get shelled. With Brian Freakin Strait at D, and the Hawks with last change, there are going to be many lengthy moments of complete domination by the Hawks over the Jets in our own end. 40+ SOG is likely in my opinion.

I guess Helle will either be a hero or a zero tonight.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Win or lose we still booze. Was 2-0 then forgot to comment and we went 0-2. Win coming up

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
This is not a good game for Helle to come back into. We are going to get shelled. With Brian Freakin Strait at D, and the Hawks with last change, there are going to be many lengthy moments of complete domination by the Hawks over the Jets in our own end. 40+ SOG is likely in my opinion.

Strait won't be playing.
Melchiori will be :popcorn:

Daviddd

Oct 9, 2016

Strait won't play unless we have another injury at D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad