Post-Game Talk: Jets beat Preds 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Yes yes yes time to gorge on fine Easter Chocolate in celebration of last nights dynamic win.

in the name is Jesus rising from his death we beat the wretched Shady Shaggy Shardy Sharky Sharks while putting out of the obscene existence!

Cheers Jets fans happy Easter
@macmaroon
@Jets 31
@Ginger Papa
@sipowicz
@Guardian17
@ps241
@Aggie204
@John Agar
@TheHead
@robertocarlos
@johnnyonthspot
@Fatdrunk
@SUX2BU
@Ducky10
@Stumbledore
@surixon
@Jet
@WolfHouse
@kanadalainen
@White Out 403
@Channelcat
@Spotless
@Mud Turtle
@bustamente
@B33R LEAGUE
@Eyeseeing
@hn777
@Ggg99
@Jetfaninflorida

And All Others….
Back at you, buddy.

Best wishes to all my HF Jets friends. Hope you’re all having a nice day/weekend with family.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I am not sold on any team until the playoffs start. It is just a different game and while I think the Oilers are going to do pretty good it really is up to there goalie and how much actual PP time they get
Yup, the playoffs are a different beast

I'll say this... as impressive as the run to the conference finals was back in the day, I was even more impressed with how the Jets swept the Oilers in the bubble year

PoMo came up with a system that was completely different than what they played in the Canadian division season and everyone bought in 100%. The result was neutering McJesus at even strength and the PP chances never materialized, resulting in a pouty McDavid

Too bad we sharted the bed vs the Habs the next round

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Edmonton is going to win the West...I don't want to say that I told people Matthias Ekholm would be a good acquisition...

Anyways Neal Pionk deserves more credit, he was in on both goals, in a key way.
It will likely be Colorado or Edmonton, but I'd put my money on Colorado, as they pretty much sailed thru the playoffs quite easily last year. If the Oilers get "outstanding" goaltending, they could win it.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think everyone knew Ekholm would be a good acquisition I just don't think the Jets were really in a position to make that trade.
I think you are partially right...the Jets have accepted mediocrity with the future uncertain. Ken Holland is a GM with Stanley Cup rings, and the best player in the world, so he was a lot more at ease pulling the trigger. Expectations are higher in Oil country. 12 pts and +25 in 19 games. I doubt Ekholm would have put up those kind of numbers with the Jets, as the Jets don't have the same kind of transition speed as the Oilers, but that's probably the most significant deadline acquisition right now. Something to be said as well about making the wife happy, a northern Swedish woman who likes the snow and the mountains.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It will likely be Colorado or Edmonton, but I'd put my money on Colorado, as they pretty much sailed thru the playoffs quite easily last year. If the Oilers get "outstanding" goaltending, they could win it.
I was just talking about 1st in the Western Conference. If the Oilers keep up their hot streak against the Avs on Tuesday, I think they go unbeaten to finish the season and win 1st in the Conference. Maybe setting up a 2021 rematch with the Jets.

As for who is getting through, I just don't think the Avs will be healthy enough to go all the way this year. Leaves the door open for a new champ.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Any opinions on Helle playing all three remaining games?

I predict he will start Monday just to get us that much closer to a playoff spot, but won't start on Tuesday against the Wild unless it's absolutely essential. And with our playoff spot secured, play Rittich in the last game to give Helle as much rest as possible.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012

I'll say this... as impressive as the run to the conference finals was back in the day, I was even more impressed with how the Jets swept the Oilers in the bubble year

PoMo came up with a system that was completely different than what they played in the Canadian division season and everyone bought in 100%. The result was neutering McJesus at even strength and the PP chances never materialized, resulting in a pouty McDavid

Do not forget Helly stood on his head and Jets got puck luck needed to win 3 ot games

I still think he needs to be traded in the off season. His value will never be higher.

Reactions: hn777

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Yes yes yes time to gorge on fine Easter Chocolate in celebration of last nights dynamic win.

in the name is Jesus rising from his death we beat the wretched Shady Shaggy Shardy Sharky Sharks while being put out of there obscene existence!

Cheers Jets fans happy Easter
@macmaroon
@Jets 31
@Ginger Papa
@sipowicz
@Guardian17
@ps241
@Aggie204
@John Agar
@TheHead
@robertocarlos
@johnnyonthspot
@Fatdrunk
@SUX2BU
@Ducky10
@Stumbledore
@surixon
@Jet
@WolfHouse
@kanadalainen
@White Out 403
@Channelcat
@Spotless
@Mud Turtle
@bustamente
@B33R LEAGUE
@Eyeseeing
@hn777
@Ggg99
@Jetfaninflorida
@Luc Labelle
@Peachkings1922

And All Others….
Happy Easter to you too @The Blue Baron! Enjoy your feast...

giphy.gif

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well, nice to get the win. Hopefully can get the next one and make it in

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba

In the Oils defence it was pretty wild that McDavid didn't draw a single penalty that entire series. As big a Jets homer as I am can even admit we deserved a few calls against us. I didn't complain though.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm trying to turn a leaf with Helley. Heck if I can do it with Chevy I can do it with anyone.

but not Pavelec. f*** him forever.

your math lines up with mine. Of all the NHL's starters in the modern era, he was worse than 98% of them.

Also, good on you for turning a new leaf :) For reals, man. There's a dozen players on this team who need your scrutiny more than Bucky!

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

I predict he will start Monday just to get us that much closer to a playoff spot, but won't start on Tuesday against the Wild unless it's absolutely essential. And with our playoff spot secured, play Rittich in the last game to give Helle as much rest as possible.

He’ll play until we’re in

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

I can guarantee that Hellebuyck will play the back-to-back games against San Jose and Minnesota since there is no scenario that allows the Jets to clinch based on the results of Monday’s games.

Big Save Dave will potentially play against the Avs if the Jets clinch or are eliminated before that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad