Post-Game Talk: Jets beat Ducks in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 403*

2-1 final

Simply incredible. I guess good for wheeler. Would love to know where this effort was earlier in the year.

Awesome game by hutch. Likely all for not when our mastermind architect sends him packing and refuses to buy out Pavelec

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
2-1 final

Simply incredible. I guess good for wheeler. Would love to know where this effort was earlier in the year.

Awesome game by hutch. Likely all for not when our mastermind architect sends him packing and refuses to buy out Pavelec

We had lots of effort earlier in the season. Golatending and special teams aside.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Out of the playoffs 20 games ago and now Hutch and Pavs both start coming up big!:shakehead

Credit where credit is due, Jets haven't quit, didn't think they had it in them!:handclap:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Team looks good right now with a skeleton crew. That was so painful tonight. This reminds me of 2014 when we lost 3 spots in the last few games.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
We can't even tank properly

Let's see...leave a healthy Little in Winnipeg.... check

Surgery for Enstrom and Myers.... check

Phenom goalie in the AHL.... check

Callup and play our prospects... Check

What else do you expect the organization to do?

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
2-1 final

Hutcheson was .964 -- Pavelec has bettered that in 3 of his last 5 starts. But certainly one of the little noticed bright spots of the second half of this season is that Hutcheson has started to look like a legit goalie again.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I try so hard to be positive, but I have a real hard time doing it. Why the **** couldn't they do this when the game still mattered and we were still in the hunt? We had all given up the ghost for the Jets this year, instead turning for the draft, and now it looks like we're going to miss out on the best pieces of the draft, yet again. I am so frustrated. I'm not going to be upset at the Jets for playing and winning, but I will be upset of the Ducks for not playing up to their level and losing. You stupid ****ing mallards couldn't even try to win this game? **** you.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Out of the playoffs 20 games ago and now Hutch and Pavs both start coming up big!:shakehead

Credit where credit is due, Jets haven't quit, didn't think they had it in them!:handclap:

I'm not sure the Jets desperately need a top draft pick anyway. It would be nice but they've got a lot going for them already. I'd rather have the guys going home this spring feeling good about how they finished up.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
2-1 final

There was plenty of effort, especially from Wheeler, at the beginning of the year.

Goaltending, penalties, and special teams sank the ship. Had nothing to do with effort.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
ESW line outcorsi'd their competition mostly the Kessler line.

Wheeler +4
Ehlers +4
Scheifele +1

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
There was plenty of effort, especially from Wheeler, at the beginning of the year.

Goaltending, penalties, and special teams sank the ship. Had nothing to do with effort.

Some just like to complain for the sake of it. The other teams in tank range play each other coming up - not sure the extra % point is a big deal.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Tank couldn't withstand the ducks suckage. How can you just score one goal against a rookie filled team with a decimated defence. I only caught the third so maybe jets utterly got dominated and hutch just happened to steal the game but wins like these just shows how the not too distant future is bright. I ain't even mad. I want the jets to build a winning culture for these young guys and I applaud them for the consistent efforts.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets are playing better because they have some dandy young players getting more time. Dano and Lowry look legit. The SEW line is dynamic. Postma and Chiarot doing well. Lowry and Copp improving.

But maybe the best development lately is how strong Trouba's game has been lately, even dragging Stuart around.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Tank couldn't withstand the ducks suckage. How can you just score one goal against a rookie filled team with a decimated defence. I only caught the third so maybe jets utterly got dominated and hutch just happened to steal the game but wins like these just shows how the not too distant future is bright. I ain't even mad. I want the jets to build a winning culture for these young guys and I applaud them for the consistent efforts.

It was a pretty even game. We were not undeserving but it could have easily gone the other way.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Actually, the Jets were full value for the win. This is so much better than the complete fiasco in Edmonton.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
The Jets are playing better because they have some dandy young players getting more time. Dano and Lowry look legit. The SEW line is dynamic. Postma and Chiarot doing well. Lowry and Copp improving.

But maybe the best development lately is how strong Trouba's game has been lately, even dragging Stuart around.

Absolutely agree with Trouba. Has stepped up big time as of late getting huge minutes and being absolutely rock solid. He will be the jets #1 D. Question is when not if he will be. I just can't wait till Trouba is freed from his shackles.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

Agreed 100% especially Trouba he play has been confident, strong and assertive.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Almost like a guy playing for a contract or something sheesh!

Almost like a guy who has been playing on an upward trend since the first year of his ELC. considering the onus that gets put on contract discussions for points that a player gets, Trouba not producing that many should help lower the numbers some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad