A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
one goal.gif
one goal.gif

Weary with the third round playoff’s toil, I haste me to my bed,
The dear repose for mine eyes with Jets-watching tired;
But then I dream upon this year’s Cup run in my head,
Two series wins, Wild and Preds; Yet I preach to the choir.
And then my thoughts range to some forwards on the schneid;
And reflect on the youngsters’ pilgrimage from pedestrian to stellar,
Brilliant speedy plays by Farmleague keep my eyelids open wide,
I call on you Depth! Frenchy, Lousy and some other feller.
Engage hard on the puck, and let’s go 2 and 2 in my imaginary sight
Thoughts of a 60 minute effort cast shadows from my sightless view,
And two double - stunned knights shackl’d by Buff, and in fright,
Fills my soul with light beauteous and charges up courage anew.
Aye, Jets: skate like the wind, sally forth: blow my mind,
For yourselves, for Mo, and for your fans be thus kind!

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Time some players to show up with it counts.

Enstrom better bring it, he's been awful this series.

Ehlers (if he plays) had best be skating!

Wheeler is at his best when he's skating and moving his feet the second the puck touches his stick. Last game, he was standing still, not moving. The team follows their captain! I expect a HUGE game from Wheels tonight

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
They owe it even more to Scheifele.

Schief and Buff have both been excellent!

Wheeler, Stats, Connor and Helly all had great stretches.....

But that's about all folks! Team needs to stick together and we'll be okay!

PS Beef of the day, no rain all of April and May up until today the friggin start of the Victoria Day Long Weekend!

Last edited:
Reactions: burnoutberry

peg

Jul 8, 2010
MTS lower bowl virtually sold old for viewing party tonight. Released 2 row of seats this morning around the boards. Will be one hell of a party when the Jets win.

YoyiBear

Mar 12, 2018
I must admit, jets playing almost every other day is wearing me down. Imagine the players:eek: Had a dream the Boyz won. Don't play mind games with me subconscious!!

Reactions: QuietContrarian

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
One thing to keep in mind is that before these playoffs started, we just wanted to see a win... we got that, then we wanted a series win... we got that. We beat the top dogs in the NHL, in their building... game 7. Yeah the Jets might be losing steam and if we go down 1-3, things don't look great but regardless of the outcome of this series, what an incredible ride and what a great experience for us as fans and the boys as a team. This experience will help them grow as a team and show them how they have to play, how much energy they need, how much effort has to be put in.

Go JETS go. Steal home ice back and get this momentum back like the 1st period in game 1. Tampa just showed us that being down 0-2 is nothing and we are only down 1-2.

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North
One thing to keep in mind is that before these playoffs started, we just wanted to see a win... we got that, then we wanted a series win... we got that. We beat the top dogs in the NHL, in their building... game 7. Yeah the Jets might be losing steam and if we go down 1-3, things don't look great but regardless of the outcome of this series, what an incredible ride and what a great experience for us as fans and the boys as a team. This experience will help them grow as a team and show them how they have to play, how much energy they need, how much effort has to be put in.

Go JETS go. Steal home ice back and get this momentum back like the 1st period in game 1. Tampa just showed us that being down 0-2 is nothing and we are only down 1-2.

You nailed it.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

But the thing is... now that we've seen the Jets play in the playoffs, we can see just how talented they are. It's not that they're been playing way over their head and are lucky to be here. They deserve it, and have as legit a shot at the Cup as any of the three remaining teams.

And we also know there's no guarantee they're going to make it this far again next season. Heck there's no guarantee they make the playoffs next season. Just ask the Edmonton Oilers.

No... at this point the season is hardly a disaster if they lose the next two and are out. But I'm not going to be satisfied or happy if that is what happens.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
And anyways - Jets are going to play desperate - they know they can't afford to go down 3 games to 1. While I'm not confident of the outcome of the series, I feel confident we'll see a Jets win tonight.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
We need to lay it out there! Legs moving, make a quick read, play fast and hard! We'll win.

Would be shocked to see Helle not play amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad