GDT: Jets 6th Annual Skills Competition- Feb 14 7:00pm CT

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I tried looking it up and apparently there is a game where if you make this gesture and you get someone to look at it, then they have to let you give them a punch.

I guess you see this in videos, where someone will do a skateboard trick or something and make that gesture subtly.

Man I'm old......
This is correct.

It's weird that it is making a comeback, I played that game with my brothers ~10 years ago.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This is correct.

It's weird that it is making a comeback, I played that game with my brothers ~10 years ago.

This seems like a modern version of "Show the middle finger in front of the basketball/volleyball you are holding for the team yearbook picture" that was a thing in the 80s (at least it was in the Dauphin area of Manitoba haha)

My wife has mildly been giving me the gears lately for starting to act like an old man (I'm turning 44 in a few months), because I'm slowly becoming clueless on new musical acts, trends, youth slang/lingo and the like. I guess I've proven her right hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducky10

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Ok so people are laughing on Instagram with "Laine got 'em!" "so savage" with his hand thing. What the eff is up with this, and it's times like this I wish I had a 15 yr old child to explain crap to me

I'm 26, and I remember this from when I was in middle school.

You have to make that circle sign secretly, and when your friend looks at it, you punch them in the arm.
The trick was to have it somewhere they would be looking, which conspicuously trying to get them to look.

Funny how these things keep popping back up. Kinda like how everyone for some reason at one point or another would draw "S" with the two rows of three vertical lines, and join at top and bottom with triangles. No idea how that one started.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

You have to make that circle sign secretly, and when your friend looks at it, you punch them in the arm.
The trick was to have it somewhere they would be looking, which conspicuously trying to get them to look.

Funny how these things keep popping back up. Kinda like how everyone for some reason at one point or another would draw "S" with the two rows of three vertical lines, and join at top and bottom with triangles. No idea how that one started.

Yeah some of us in here showed our age today hahah

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I guess he is doing the modern version of the `show middle finger in front of th

This seems like a modern version of "Show the middle finger in front of the basketball/volleyball you are holding for the team yearbook picture" that was a thing in the 80s (at least it was in the Dauphin area of Manitoba haha)

My wife has mildly been giving me the gears lately for starting to act like an old man (I'm turning 44 in a few months), because I'm slowly becoming clueless on new musical acts, trends, youth slang/lingo and the like. I guess I've proven her right hahaha
My 14 year old explained it to me...............I'm so no longer cool, but I've made peace with it.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
What am I missing, is he flashing a WP sign here? :huh: :thumbd:

It's not really a WP sign. It's old classic "OK" sign and only some nutjobs got the idea that it's somehow related to extreme right wing ideologies. It has not. 4chan started trolling nutjobs with that sign claiming it's forming W and P and Internet went mad as usual.

For scuba drivers that OK signal is vital as "thumbs up" doesn't mean "everything is OK" but it means "going up" instead.

Reactions: Calendal

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Nobody mentioned the fact that Roslovic photobombed that victory picture

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Ok so people are laughing on Instagram with "Laine got 'em!" "so savage" with his hand thing. What the eff is up with this, and it's times like this I wish I had a 15 yr old child to explain crap to me
Im 25 and we used to do that back in the day hehe if another person looks at it you are allowed to punch them on the shoulder. You can counter it by sticking your finger in there.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011

Haha, just remembered that. 22 myself :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad