Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Snucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
5/5 Stickmen, you go into the league leader's building and leave with 2 points it has to be, Scheifele was not going to be denied tonight, Vilardi snapped out of it hopefully he goes on a run, the D was solid infront of Helle who showed he is the odds on favorite for the Vezina. Hopefully Barron found the toilet paper, Jets got run a few times but kept there cool, Di Giuseppe challenged the wrong dude. Jets played hard and were rewarded oh and they scored 4 goals. PK was solid, great win great game keep collecting points

MAhnC2.gif
MAhnC2.gif

MAhnC2.gif
MAhnC2.gif
MAhnC2.gif

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
special teams difference in this game....and for once the jets were on the right side of things, If the jets can get their pp going , combined with stingy 5 on 5 play and the best goalie in the world....thats the recipe for the stanley cup.
Or at least a good stew.

Reactions: Ponds

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
The Jets slapped up the Canucks tonight. Vancouver might be new to the big boys table this season, but make no mistake, this was a big scalp. Real nice win, the boys came to play and are now back on a little win streak. I understand why last season's shambolic limp down the stretch is still lingering in the mind's of some. This should help reaffirm that Winnipeg boasts a good hockey team. Personally, I like that we are looked down upon by the greater Canadian sports media. Let them wank over Toronto and Edmonton and Vancouver. My attitude is...

Nobody likes us. We don't care.

A night of breakouts

- The Lauerplay reaches out from the grave.
- Money gets his first as a Jet and looking like a great addition
- Jets offense and specifically top line breakout from offensive purgatory.

Calls for a special mashup

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Hey nothing personal Canucks fans the Jets came into your building and took your breakfast, lunch and dinner also 2 points
Canucks fan take:

Rick Bowness is one of the best defensive coaches in the league. He has a top goalie. And they probably had their best game of the season against us. Plus they got some ref help. End of. Nothing to cry about here.

Jets always play this hard vs us. This is why I was so high on them in the playoffs in 2022/23

Reactions: Luc Labelle

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Re-watching that embellishment penalty on Scheifele...yeah, it was definitely embellishment. The little jump scheifele does gave it away.

Reactions: Jet

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The Jets slapped up the Canucks tonight. Vancouver might be new to the big boys table this season, but make no mistake, this was a big scalp. Real nice win, the boys came to play and are now back on a little win streak. I understand why last season's shambolic limp down the stretch is still lingering in the mind's of some. This should help reaffirm that Winnipeg boasts a good hockey team. Personally, I like that we are looked down upon by the greater Canadian sports media. Let them wank over Toronto and Edmonton and Vancouver. My attitude is...

Nobody likes us. We don't care.

A night of breakouts

- The Lauerplay reaches out from the grave.
- Money gets his first as a Jet and looking like a great addition
- Jets offense and specifically top line breakout from offensive purgatory.

Calls for a special mashup

Not gonna lie: I'm in love with "Lauerplay".

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Canucks caught chasing hits in 3rd and kept giving up odd man rushes lol. :laugh: Reminded me of the first few seasons of Jets 2.0 with Stuart.

I thought it was an up and down game for the Jets until the 3rd where they were the better team.

Pionk has had some rough games but he rose to the occasion tonight.

What a difference some scoring on the PP makes.

Anyone else shake their head at Vlad dumping the puck into the corner instead of taking a go at the open net?

Chaos giraffe Myers had a pretty good game.

Please find some more minutes for Vlad.

Connor, who has been very criticised lately, won that game.

Good on Connor for making those passes but lets not kid ourselves. Scheifele did like 80% of the work on both those goals. On goal 3 he takes a big hit to make a play resulting in an outnumbered attack for the Jets and on the 4th goal he makes a one-touch pass to Connor while anticipating getting hit and then beats his checker to the net to score. Not taking anything away from Connor as getting those passes through required skill but those plays were created by 55. Scheifele is the first star for me.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
This was a thing of beauty

Adam Lowry monster. Clean hit. Good for DiG for stepping up except the hit is clean so not really standing up for anything other than his teammate getting smoked cleanly. Might also want to look into some Lowry highlights and rethink you're doing something meaningful unless bruising your face is considered meaningful. Wrong guy, wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad