Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Canucks 2

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We don't, but Bones has pretty much tipped his hand for what he prefers. But if Barron can't go then they pretty much have to play him. Putting Gus in over him would poison the well I think.
I think Gus gives us a better chance to win if the open slot is where Barron was on the 4th line

Reactions: Jet

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
One last time to enable the Clutch.

Great win boys.

virtus tentamine gaudet

Speaking of Clutch...

Truly an eminence front...

P.S. ... so much for being FRAUDS...

The Lyrics to Emminence Front by The Who...

Describes the the Jets this year-to-date...

Wah... Lah:

The sun shines
People forget
The spray flies as the speedboat glides
People forget
Forget they're hiding
The girls smile
People forget
The snow packs as the skier tracks
People forget
Forget they're hiding
Behind an eminence front
Eminence front, it's a put-on
It's an eminence front
It's an eminence front, it's a put-on
An eminence front
Eminence front, put-on
Eminence front
It's an eminence front
It's a put-on
It's a put-on
It's a put-on
Come and join the party
Dress to kill
Won't you come and join the party
Dress to kill
Dress to kill
The drinks flow
People forget
That big wheel spins, the hair thins
People forget
Forget they're hiding
The news slows
People forget
The shares crash, hopes are dashed
People forget
Forget they're hiding
Behind an eminence front
An eminence front, it's a put-on
It's just an eminence front
Eminence front, it's a put-on
An eminence front
An eminence front, put-on
Eminence front
It's a put-on
It's a put-on
It's a put-on
Come and join the party
Dress to
Come and join the party
Dress to
Come on join the party
Dress to
Come and join the party
Dress to kill
Dress yourself to kill

:laugh:

P.S. You have got to love how Pete Townshend trolls the GTA fans, saying... "You don't understand what I'm saying"... then he laughs... this is pretty much every night for Leafs fan every day of their lives... :)

Last edited:

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How so? The Perfetti, Name, and Iafallo line was one of the best lines we have run this year.

But yeah playing a vastly inferior player is always the way to win in this league....
Gus has also been feeling it down the stretch here, and is great on the dot. Bit bigger and stronger than cole too.

Both guys on that line would be great either way but I prefer Gus as option 1 in that role as things stand right now

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
We don't, but Bones has pretty much tipped his hand for what he prefers. But if Barron can't go then they pretty much have to play him. Putting Gus in over him would poison the well I think.

I believe Perfetti ended up 1 goal short of hitting one of his performance bonuses, tough not to blame that on the 2nd round of scratches. Bones is gonna retire next season or the one after, the organization has to look out for its future and put their thumb on the scale if necessary. Jeff Marek who seems to have a line to someone in the Perfetti camp hinted at issues with the handling again today. The org has to smooth the waters and being scratched over Gus won't be a good start to that.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I believe Perfetti ended up 1 goal short of hitting one of his performance bonuses, tough not to blame that on the 2nd round of scratches. Bones is gonna retire next season or the one after, the organization has to look out for its future and put their thumb on the scale if necessary. Jeff Marek who seems to have a line to someone in the Perfetti camp hinted at issues with the handling again today. The org has to smooth the waters and being scratched over Gus won't be a good start to that.
TO media: “Jets scratch Perfetti so he misses a performance bonus - signs of financial hardship?!?”

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Management has been saying they are all in during every media availability this year, which unfortunately has come at the expense of Perfetti in the last month or two.

If we're all in I can't see Chevy forcing lineup decisions on bones at the most important junction of the season

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I just finished the game.

Lambert had one shift full of panic and silly plays. Otherwise he was fantastic. His skating is well above average at the NHL level.

Chibrikov is a buzzsaw. He created his 1st goal entirely through grinding and speed.

Perfetti was the best player on the ice. Ehlers the second best.

Stanley had his worst game of the season. He was abysmal.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
This just in. The Winnipeg Jets win the Jennings Trophy allowing the fewest goals in the 2023/24 season.

A huge accomplishment and tribute to team defense and the coach’s systems and ability to gain entire team buy-in to play his system.

And it helps to have the best goalie on the planet.

Damn impressive Jets!

Best defensive team in the league bodes well for the playoffs. Going to be amazing.

415457B1-DBA2-4DF3-A8AF-35B00BECA82B.jpeg

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I'll play..
- 8 wins in a row to end the season!
- Jennings trophy with 199 goals! This is amazing! A Winnipeg Jets team actually had the least amount of goals against in the league!
- 2nd in the West
- Chibrikov with his first NHL goal and the game winner.
- 4th in the entire league with the tie-breaker over Florida!
- 52 wins - tying a team tecord.
- most regular time wins in the league with 45

What else can we add? Lol
Likely Vezina for Helle.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What a great way to wind up the season!

The kids not only picked up points, they looked damn good doing it.

Too bad Brossoit didn't get into a couple of more games. But Jets win the Jennings Trophy. Who saw that coming in pre-season?

Onward and upward.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
He could have had that bonus easily had he not gone those 23 games without a goal. I don't 100% agree with how Bones handled him this year but at some point, we have to stop blaming him for everything

Cole is a professional hockey player. The only person on the planet responsible for his performance is him.

If he's a mature kid, he'll take this season in stride and learn from it

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
There was SO much to like in this game.
The kids came to play, like we all knew they would.

Lambert was great right from the start of the game. He’s what I like to call a fast twitch player. Like Ehlers, every part of his body moves quickly all the time. His legs, shoulders, hips and hands. He’s going to be a great play driver for us. Just a remarkable game from him.

Chibrikov was also very good but I don’t think he dominated as much as Lambert. Still had a great game.

Perfetti was excellent and Kupari sure looks like he has a bright future if given the chance.

Now to the powerplay.
The young guys just showed the vets how to run a powerplay and how movement is so key.
I don’t think our powerplay, as a unit this year, has looked better than it did tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad