Post-Game Talk: Jets 3, Sabres 4 - The collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
Lack of alpha males and testosterone has plagued this lineup since Jets 2.0 came back. When other teams play desperate, we go into our shells. ALWAYS

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Lots of people seem happy about the hit on the main board. *******s

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
Soft coach and soft team. Mentally and physically. Star 18 year old player goes down in a tied game. Not only do we lose the game (after blowing a two goal third period lead), but we don't even ramp up the physicality (aside from one shift from Lowry) until after the final whistle.

Maurice should've called a timeout after that crossbar when we were still up one. Buffalo was coming at us hard and they ended up scoring right after.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Just came by to say hope Laine is alright, kid is fun to watch.

That has to be a suspendable hit, does it not? I know he had the puck, but he targeted him and from the brief replay I got to see, targeted the head?

Edit: Never mind, saw another replay. Looks clean :/ but unfortunate, again hope the kid is alright.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
New level of embarrassment for this team. After dominating for 32 minutes, get absolutely destroyed the last 28 minutes. Buffalo doesn't have a shot on net until 8mins left and finish the period with 10 shots. Would be nice to get a pentaly our way.

Props to Buff at the end of the game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am kinda glad I didn't watch this one.

Sounds like lack of in game adjustments and some poor goaltending cost us again.

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
You can't beat a team like Buffalo, up by 2 going into the 3rd..........you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. PoMo, you don't deserve to be an NHL coach. Laine, hope you get back soon.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Suicide pass from Schiefele and our season is over.

Hope Laine makes a speedy recovery, doesn't look good.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Soft coach and soft team. Mentally and physically. Star 18 year old player goes down in a tied game. Not only do we blow the lead and lose the game, but we don't even ramp up the physicality (aside from one shift from Lowry) until after the final whistle.

Maurice should've called a timeout after that crossbar when we were still up one. Buffalo was coming at us hard and they ended up scoring right after.

Absolutely no excuse for waiting to call that timeout until in the last minute.

thetracksuit

Nov 25, 2015
Is Maurice on the chopping block yet? Damn I'm getting tired of watching performances like this.

Flair Hay

Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Tough loss, deserved better I thought. How is the season over any more or less than this morning though...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I hope Laine's OK.

This season is over.

Continue. I have nothing to say.

Holy over-reaction Batman. The season is no more over now than it was this morning.

Maurice should have called a timeout after that first goal on the bad line change. Sucks, as they had the game in the bag, and played incredibly well up to that point.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I can't see really how this is Maurice's fault - the whole team forgot how to play hockey for a few minutes which lead to those 2 quick goals. After the Laine hit whole team was thrown off.

I think Maurice is a problem with this team but can't say the result of this game is anyone's fault. I guess the whole team for not recovering quick enough... but to be fair they were probably all pretty rattled.

All can hope is that the hit wasn't as bad as it looked and Laine will be back soon. If not then the rest of the guys gotta sort it out.

Can Connor come back up or maybe too rushed?

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
That was embarrassing. Blow a 2 goals lead in the span of a couple minutes, lose one of the best young player and do absolutely nothing to answer that except a little scrum at the end of the game.. It was too late. Byfuglien should have tried to go for a big hit but he didn't look interested in doing anything at all. Pathetic.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Lots of people seem happy about the hit on the main board. *******s

I only see people calling it a clean hit. Which it was. Also Scheifele's pass did him no favours.

The team lost focus even before the tying goal, but after the hit, you knew they weren't going to come back. They just wanted to get out of there.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Soft coach and soft team. Mentally and physically. Star 18 year old player goes down in a tied game. Not only do we lose the game (after blowing a two goal third period lead), but we don't even ramp up the physicality (aside from one shift from Lowry) until after the final whistle.

You mean like Buffalo? When they called a timeout with zero shots 12mins in and end up with 10 in the alst 8 minutes and dominate the rest of the game?!

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Game looked good for two periods. armia-lowry-matthias is a very good line indeed.

Hope Laine is not out for good, but he looked like he was out of it before he even hit the ice which in itself looked really, really bad. His season is most likely over and the way Jets froze after the hit, so is the teams season.

Not a good feeling after this game, it looked so good for the first two periods to end in an absolute disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad