Post-Game Talk: Jets 2- Sharks 1

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Another win by the good guys! Having the "mentors" at the game sure boosted the attendance! Morgan Barron does so many things right! I give this game four "Ancient Aliens" out of five...

Giorgio1.gif
Giorgio2.gif
Giorgio3.gif
Giorgio4.gif

Not only is the Prediction Contest thread up and ready for your guesses, but the GDT for today's game against the Anaheim Schmucks has also been posted. See you guys later tonight! Good night...

GiorgioSleeping.jpg

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
How are hockey/nhl fans in your neck of the woods?

Most really follow the Swiss national league and watch the NHL casually. They root for Swiss players, especially for the Preds (Josi) and Devils (Hischier and co). The Jets have become a bit more popular as well, friends are now coming up to me and asking me "isn't nino playing for the team you have been supporting for over 10 years now?".

I also have some close friends who are die-hard-hockey-fans. they have been following the NHL for 20+ years and also support their teams with great passion (Ducks, Red Wings). One of them is a former Swiss U20 international player.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I had my gal Alexa spinning the game for me from the nightstand and of course I fell asleep. I kept waking up and hearing bits of the game and slowly entered a strange, druggie state were time became weirdly elastic. At some point I heard that it was 2-1 for the Jets with 5 minutes left and I listened for what seemed like hours while the Sharks got one chance after another and I thought "there can't be more than a few seconds left here! Come on let's finish this thing!" and I'm half asleep listening and clenching like a sunuvabitch and then the guy says "2-1 Jets with 4 minutes to go" and I'm like "f***! :mad:"

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Jets still play down to their opponents level... not sure why

Scheif is not moving his feet - looked like Laine a few times out there... wonder if he's knicked

Get ehlers on the halfwall his setup game is drastically underrated

PK has lost all confidence - need a speed guy out there - #freeajf

Love to see four lines rolling but bones way overplayed jomo-demelo

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets still play down to their opponents level... not sure why

Scheif is not moving his feet - looked like Laine a few times out there... wonder if he's knicked

Get ehlers on the halfwall his setup game is drastically underrated

PK has lost all confidence - need a speed guy out there - #freeajf

Love to see four lines rolling but bones way overplayed jomo-demelo
The PK is playing way to passive, at times it looked like all 4 of our penalty killers were in Helly's crease playing goal. Hopefully they change that strategy very soon.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Not the greatest of the games but good 2 points. Poor puck management by 55 in the neutral and offensive zone, killed a lot of their own plays.

Lowry line looks like they are back. A string of good games lately. Good to see.

Glad that PP got one.

PK looks atrocious. This is literally the reincarnation of Maurice PK from 2018-2022. Today they were more interested in blocking shots than making things difficult for the PP. This comes after Bones' comments a few games ago about blocking shots, seems like the coaches are incentivizing the wrong thing on the PK.
Yeah i have no idea why we employ a passive "sit back and let them set up, pass it around, and shoot at will" powerplay when it seems every other team we play uses a high pressure "make things difficult and dont let them set up" powerplay. Its frustrating.i

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The PK is playing way to passive, at times it looked like all 4 of our penalty killers were in Helly's crease playing goal. Hopefully they change that strategy very soon.
I also wonder if appleton is knicked- he doesn't have the speed he had for the first two months of the season

I really liked the copp-connor combo when Maurice used it... would be nice to see something similar for a second pk pairing

Yeah i have no idea why we employ a passive "sit back and let them set up, pass it around, and shoot at will" powerplay when it seems every other team we play uses a high pressure "make things difficult and dont let them set up" powerplay. Its frustrating.i
Watched the lightning highlights... two guys right in the slot on the PP screening and one D shooting

Reactions: Jets 31

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Jets dominated in my opinion. Blackwood just made several saves he normally doesn’t.
We had bursts of amazing puck control but were a long way from domination. Too often the Sharks came into our end and we stood still and watched them pass it around. If we'd dominated, they wouldn't have had 28 shots on goal.

I'm never a fan of singling out one player for hating or dumping all over, but has anyone done a correlation between our won/loss record and how often Stanley sits in the press box?

Reactions: WolfHouse

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Anyone realize what a win tomorrow means?

(Hint neither the Rangers or Avalanche play)

Wheeler's going to grind his teeth... ?

Dubois is going to roll over... stretch and yawn... then return to sucking his thumb... ?

Duuuuuuh...

:laugh:

Bring it on... HFJets would love languishing in first for even one game...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad