Post-Game Talk: Jets 2- Sharks 1

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Got up early this morning to watch the game on PVR.

Sharks goaltender stood on his head, but, the Jets still came back to win.

Happy for the win.

This is a amazing streak we have going to not give up more than 3 goals. Pretty easily could be in a game down 3-2 and give up a empty netter . Goes to show how little we are behind late in a game . If this was the the Leafs we would be hearing about this 24-7 but I'm glad it's us Jets fans little secret.:nod:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This is a amazing streak we have going to not give up more than 3 goals. Pretty easily could be in a game down 3-2 and give up a empty netter . Goes to show how little we are behind late in a game . If this was the the Leafs we would be hearing about this 24-7 but I'm glad it's us Jets fans little secret.:nod:

I remember a few years ago when the Jets would give up 1 or 2 goal leads late in the 3rd and end up losing the game.

This team is so much better defensively.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Since the beginning of December, we have played 15 games.
We have given up 2 or less goals in all games but one...a 3-2 OT loss to the Habs.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Is san Jose ice rink bigger than other rinks in the league? Seemed like so much ice? It was almost like watching an international game..

is San Jose is a small team?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Is san Jose ice rink bigger than other rinks in the league? Seemed like so much ice? It was almost like watching an international game..

is San Jose is a small team?
I thought the same thing. I think it's a high camera angle that shows a lot of space between players and boards. It made our PK look very recessed and more passive than usual. (I still believe it stunk though.)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Most really follow the Swiss national league and watch the NHL casually. They root for Swiss players, especially for the Preds (Josi) and Devils (Hischier and co). The Jets have become a bit more popular as well, friends are now coming up to me and asking me "isn't nino playing for the team you have been supporting for over 10 years now?".

I also have some close friends who are die-hard-hockey-fans. they have been following the NHL for 20+ years and also support their teams with great passion (Ducks, Red Wings). One of them is a former Swiss U20 international player.
I am a huge Spengler-cup Stan- probably the only major event on my sports bucket list.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gordon112358

Nov 1, 2022
Yeah i have no idea why we employ a passive "sit back and let them set up, pass it around, and shoot at will" powerplay when it seems every other team we play uses a high pressure "make things difficult and dont let them set up" powerplay. Its frustrating.i
I agree that I find that frustrating however I recall last year I penalty kill was in the top 10? And I don't remember it really being that aggressive. So not sure a pressure PK necessarily yields positive results?

Reactions: kellhunter

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I am a huge Spengler-cup Stan- probably the only major event on my sports bucket list.

It's not as big as it might appear, because the stadium is kinda small. Still, it's fun. You got plenty of hockey fans all over the world having a few beers together and enjoying themselves. One big hockey party. If you get the chance, you should go. :)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's not as big as it might appear, because the stadium is kinda small. Still, it's fun. You got plenty of hockey fans all over the world having a few beers together and enjoying themselves. One big hockey party. If you get the chance, you should go. :)
I want to go to Switzerland to see all the goooold .:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad