Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Pens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Well, a win to get their mojo back is a good thing. Pittsburgh still controlled far too much of that game for my liking, especially in the 3rd period. Jets were too scrambly and couldn't execute clean breakouts at times. They need another solid puck mover on the back end.

I don't want to shit on Stanley, but man, he had a very rough game. Could almost see that goal against developing as soon as I heard Crosby was on the ice against his pairing. Sure enough. Barron didn't have Rust's stick tied up, but it was still a failed clear that lead to that chance. You can't let that happen.

I'm really tired of him being on the team. Shit, put Capo in his place and there'd be no difference in team composition. Dillon can't get back soon enough.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Ppl obviously just listening cuz Helle played well but so did Jarry. Jets were better for 1st and most the 3rd. 2nd was a wash really.

Connor and Vilardi are MIA. Stanley can’t be taking dumb penalties
Agree that Jarry played well but I still think without Helly, there's no W for the Jets. Also, Stanley should not be playing period. He took those penalties because he is too slow. IMO.

Leafs lose and Reilly should get suspended for the horse shit cross check to the head!
Deliberate attempt to injure. IMO. It'll be interesting to see if there is a supplemental penalty.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Strange game.

I don't agree with John Garrett's assessment of Hellebuyck being the only reason we won, because Jarry also played really well and made some impressive saves, but Hellebuyck was indeed a huge contributor. I feel like our strong backchecking frustrated the Penguins a lot and threw their timing off. I thought it was especially glaring in the final minute when Malkin had the puck near the blue line and was just stuck in place without knowing what to do because everybody was covered. He was being pressured to move the puck and eventually turned it over in what turned out as a nothing play.

Sad to see that the power play is almost getting worse and less confident though. I don't even know what to think about it anymore. I was excited when the Jets were getting their first power play until I remembered how badly it's sucked of late.

We won though so take it for what it's worth.

Next.
Honestly at that point of the game most teams dial back the powerplay. Would be great to go up another goal but would be devastating to give up a short handed goal.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Stickmen, it's been a while. Helle played lights out, Ehlers was grooving all night long, Snerg best D man tonight, Scheifele playing well, pk worked. Still we left some goals on the ice

aur6l.gif
aur6l.gif
aur6l.gif

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watched the second half... I hope this win doesn't let the Jets think they're too good for san jose

Scheif is playing well but he's not playing the system

3rd line doesn't work anymore

Don't see the weakness of having heinola in this lineup

Samberg will rock once he's back on 3rd pairing - get him on pp

Team gets used to helle bailing them out... maybe that's the whole issue

Reactions: Ponds

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Agree that Jarry played well but I still think without Helly, there's no W for the Jets. Also, Stanley should not be playing period. He took those penalties because he is too slow. IMO
Without Jarry and with Helle playing the same way Pittsburgh loses 5 or 6 to 1. Jarry kept them close, Helle held the fort. From what I saw Helle did not steal that game. The better team won.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Watched the second half... I hope this win doesn't let the Jets think they're too good for san jose

please break this down....

Reactions: Ponds

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Schief has a good game but killed 2 plays in the first. A 2 on 1 and a 3 on 1.

Money hand had a good game.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
It was far from a great game, but the Jets didn't play terribly either. A desperately need win that's for sure. I'm thankful for Helly during tight games like this one.

I can't stand Logan Stanley. I would be fine giving away for nothing at this point, but for whatever reason Chevy is a sucker for the sunk cost fallacy - 1st round pick so I have to appear like I'm getting some use out of him, and nobody is likely to give up more than mid to late round pick for him.

Garrett's take is bad. Offhand, I remember 20 plus years ago, when Hawerchuk wasn't voted into the HOF on his first attempt losing out to Joey Mullen of all people, Garrett's idiotic take was that Hawerchuk would be nothing more than a 3rd line centre on the 80s Oilers. Well no kidding knucklehead! Most of the great centres in NHL history would be 3rd line centres behind Gretzky and Messier.

Colorado lost and the Leafs lost so all in all a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad