Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Hawks 1 Wow

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Ugh, the scheif injury giving me some bad vibes.
I think we should be ok. It's not like Scheif has dragged the team single-handedly into 1st place. Have we even lost once since Connor was hurt?

With the depth of the roster, the commitment to defence and both of our goalies playing at the top of their games, I think we can ride out a couple weeks.

None

Feb 22, 2012
It has been said over and over and over but this PP needs to improve big time, I don't know if it's the coach or the 5 on the ice but it almost cost us tonight.

Ehlers called the PP out as being bad tonight. I'd say at least they're aware that it's bad, but Bowness has been acknowledging both special teams being poor since mid November so :dunno:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I think we should be ok. It's not like Scheif has dragged the team single-handedly into 1st place. Have we even lost once since Connor was hurt?

With the depth of the roster, the commitment to defence and both of our goalies playing at the top of their games, I think we can ride out a couple weeks.
We've lost thrice, SJ, Montreal, and Chicago. Only once in regulation though. We've banked enough points to deal with a Scheifele injury for a bit, which is nice.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Yeah, I think people are giving the non-Mrazek Blackhawks a bit too much credit:

Screenshot_20240111_221952_Chrome.jpg

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Is this the fastest we've reached 60 points before?

Is this the longest we've held on to first place?

Is this the night when all those people who were saying we should get rid of Ehlers because of [enter reason here] hang their heads in shame and admit they were wrong?
It's a good feeling that we are at 60 points at midseason and barring a total collapse we only need to go .500 the 2nd half of the season and that should guarantee a playoff spot.

We are currently 15 points clear of the 2nd wildcard.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Is this the fastest we've reached 60 points before?

Is this the longest we've held on to first place?

Is this the night when all those people who were saying we should get rid of Ehlers because of [enter reason here] hang their heads in shame and admit they were wrong?

The only time before this run any Winnipeg NHL team was in first place was Oct 9 of 2014/2015.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's a good feeling that we are at 60 points at midseason and barring a total collapse we only need to go .500 the 2nd half of the season and that should guarantee a playoff spot.

We are currently 15 points clear of the 2nd wildcard.
Don't even have to go .500, if 95 points is the standard for the 8th seed to clinch then 17-23-1 would do it. Not that I'm advocating it haha

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Lambert call up?
Likely Kupari since he has to come back up at some point or get placed on waivers which simply won't happen.

A conditioning stint can be 14 consecutive days but does not have to be. If they want to give Kupari the full 14 days it's possible Lambert gets called up but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: hn777

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Sadly, having recently beat Covid and with all of this shovelling, it took it's toll tonight and I ended up falling asleep sometime in the second period and missed the exciting ending to the game! It certainly did not look good, but these Jets ain't no quitters...

Watched the two Jets goals on NHL.com and they were some beauties, that's for sure! Even though I missed it, I'll still give the game four Mouch's out of five...

Mouch1.gif
Mouch2.gif
Mouch3.gif
Mouch4.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Philadelphia Flyers has now been posted and is ready for your guesses. As always, if you would like to give me a break, there are plenty of GDTs available, so sign up today, won't you?

Mouch5.gif

See you guys on Saturday! Good night...

Mouch.jpg

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
That was one of the best hockey games I've seen Josh Morrissey play.

Just an absolute force or nature out there. Pushing play, breaking up chances, mixing it up -- you name it.

Gotta give it up to Chicago. They played with a lot of passion, but it was beautiful to watch the Jets start to turn up the pressure, and ultimately put them away.

GJG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad