Post-Game Talk: Jets 1 - Sharks 0

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Was expecting a complete blowout against a pitiful sharks team missing two of their best fwds. Could watch the first bc of knee rehab.....so am a bit surprised by the final lol but a win is a win.

What's the cliff notes on the benching or demotions that I'm reading on X of ehlers, vilardi and perfetti? How's Iafallo the one who got promoted?
Bones is rage managing his lines.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I'm guessing he didn't like some of those nz turnovers by Fly that resulted in the puck going back the other way.

There was 1 turnover that resulted in a scoring chance but it was on Connor for intercepting a cross-ice pass intended for 55 and then not being able to corral the puck which resulted in the scoring chance where 55 saved a goal with his knee.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Stickmen tonight, that might be the easiest bagel Helle has earned, lots of shots on net result 1 goal, Scheifele had a very good game , Stanley played well, Barron got the only goal. 2 points the only really good thing about tonight and the battle continues in the Central

aur6l.gif
aur6l.gif

aur6l.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There was 1 turnover that resulted in a scoring chance but it was on Connor for intercepting a cross-ice pass intended for 55 and then not being able to corral the puck which resulted in the scoring chance where 55 saved a goal with his knee.

They didn't result in scoring chances, but I remember a couple of times he winded it up and made a diagonal pass at the blue line that was intercepted. That's really all I can think of for the demotion.

I'm guessing you are right. In a tight game in the 3rd Bones is looking for straight lines and minimal risks.

Agreed.

Reactions: Snowboy

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Wonder if Chevy uses any of his prospect ammo to try to trade for a scorer, team could use one
This is the problem I thought they had finally figured out: their main offensive drivers all step producing points and it happens simultaneously. Fortunately their defensive game remains sound and Helly is godlike.

Reactions: bustamente

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Wonder if Chevy uses any of his prospect ammo to try to trade for a scorer, team could use one
I don't know. Would be really outside of his typical moves. How many prospects has he dealt for Nhl player trades over the years? monahan and s supposed to be that esp. with a first going out the door.

Reactions: thereturn

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
One thing I'd like to see more of is a few of the guys crashing the net - it's almost like apposing goaltenders are feeling a bit too at ease against this team.
Way to many stand on your head performances -
Maybe I'm reaching a bit on this take - I'm running out of excuses.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Bowness needs to reunite the Ehlers/Scheifele/Vilardi line asap. It carried us for months. Somehow Connor coming back has absolutely torpedoed our offense. Give Perfetti/Monahan/Connor a try. Gotta start scoring. Youve got the Colorado, Dallas, Edmontons of the world pumping in 5, 6, 8 goals against much better teams than San Jose. Its going to take more than 1 goal to beat Vancouver on saturday. Could get ugly.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not too worried about a cold streak scoring especially if we are getting our chances. The goals will eventually come. Bones has this team playing a very structured game that can withstand a period when the goals dry up. Much better than past versions of this team where offensive struggles were met with cheating for offensive and high risk seam passes that lead to an implosion. I just hope the team tunes out the noise and keeps playing the same way, trusting the offense will eventually come back.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
One thing I'd like to see more of is a few of the guys crashing the net - it's almost like apposing goaltenders are feeling a bit too at ease against this team.
Way to many stand on your head performances -
Maybe I'm reaching a bit on this take - I'm running out of excuses.
I think we all are, there is talent on this team, goal scoring talent yet here we are barely scoring and winning by the skin of our teeth, it's like ever night is a playoff game

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Was expecting a complete blowout against a pitiful sharks team missing two of their best fwds. Could watch the first bc of knee rehab.....so am a bit surprised by the final lol but a win is a win.

What's the cliff notes on the benching or demotions that I'm reading on X of ehlers, vilardi and perfetti? How's Iafallo the one who got promoted?
Perfetti and Villardi took a regular shift right until the last two minutes. That last shift they put Mony with Vlad and Barron. That wasn’t a benching it was them missing one shift.

Fly on the other hand was demoted to the 4th line early in the third and did miss a couple shifts as well and Iaffallo took his spot with 55 and 81

Reactions: Jets 31 and hn777

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
But Iafallo really? Last time he scored I had two working knees
I think it was more about Ehlers than Iafallo - although I missed the issues that got Elhers in hot water.
But you would think they'd make that move between 13 and 27 - as I said earlier, strange.

Reactions: kanadalainen

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The Jets can't score, but at least they are back to winning, which is good. Hellebuyck with the shutout! Winnipeg had their chances tonight and their defensive play was pretty good too! I give this game five "Keeping Up Appearances" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Vancouver Canucks, so get your guesses in now! A big thank you to @The Blue Baron who will be making the GDT for Saturday's game, we are all looking forward to seeing it posted! See you then! Good night and Happy Valentine's Day to you all...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
But Iafallo really? Last time he scored I had two working knees

I think it was more about Ehlers than Iafallo - although I missed the issues that got Elhers in hot water.
But you would think they'd make that move between 13 and 27 - as I said earlier, strange.

Murat just asked Bowness about it and he said "it wasn't the 3rd it was what led up to the 3rd" with a bemused look on his face. Definitely about reducing Ehlers ice time and how better than putting him on the 4th.

Reactions: hn777

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I think we all are, there is talent on this team, goal scoring talent yet here we are barely scoring and winning by the skin of our teeth, it's like ever night is a playoff game
Bones loves low scoring games. That is what he preaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad