Pre-Game Talk: Jerts vs Perds * GAME 7 * Thursday, May 10 @ 7:00pm CT

Will our Jets win and advance to the WCF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

This team is far more hurt then they are letting on. Wheeler and Lowry are almost certainly fairly hurt. Little appears to be hurt. I think Myers is still nursing something. Someone suggested that Laine might be hurt. Who knows who else is nursing something.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Anybody know the Game-7 record for the team that lost Game-6? I'd be very interested in seeing if the momentum carries though or if there's a bounce back from the team that lost the chance to advance.
Ron MacLean said on Monday after the Jets loss ... teams with 2 days off after a lost have a better win loss record ... 60 wins and only 30 losses.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Jets' Maurice: 'A calmness' to Game 7s as Winnipeg prepares for Nashville - Sportsnet.ca

“There’s absolutely a different feel,” he said. “It’s the final game for one team.
“There’s definitely a calmness to it. There’s a finality coming. It brings out the best.”
“Simplicity,” Maurice added when asked what will finally decide the razor-thin margin. “The team that can play as close to their game as possible — their identity game — wins.”
So in other words if the Preds play the perfect trap game ... they win.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
This team is far more hurt then they are letting on. Wheeler and Lowry are almost certainly fairly hurt. Little appears to be hurt. I think Myers is still nursing something. Someone suggested that Laine might be hurt. Who knows who else is nursing something.

I keep wondering this too, just how many injuries we don't know about

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
GAWD its hard to wait an extra day for the game to begin!

I fully anticipate that Wheels and Maurice will have this team fired up for an amazing game tomorrow. Including Connor with the dirty dangles and Laine with ridiculous snipes from the danger zone. All engines firing!!! Hopefully the boys come out on top. If not, they have met every expectation I had for them this year. It's going to be great watching this team grow. Hopefully, they don't need to though!!
Go Jets Go!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I dug in. There has been 26 game-7's between the 2013 playoffs to the 2018 playoffs. Overall, the game 6 loser is 13-13 in Game-7. In the past three years, the Game-6 loser is 7-2 in Game-7 and in the past two years, 4-0. Recent trend favors the Jets, but over a six year span, there appears to be no advantage.

Nashville has played in two Game-7's. They won both Game-6 and Game-7 in 2016 versus Anaheim and then lost Game-7 after winning Game-6 versus San Jose that same year, so they've never lost a Game-6 to force a Game-7.

overall results for the 26 Game-6 losers:
ana51-4
pit32-1
bos32-1
wsh31-2
stl22-0
la22-0
tb21-1
sj21-1
det21-1
nyr11-0
col10-1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

To add, I found a historical database for the history of the NHL.

If you WIN game 6

... 83 times you win game 7 regardless if home or away in game 7
... 94 times you lose game 7 regardless if home or away in game 7

If you WIN game 6 and are the HOME team in game 7

... 48 times you win ... 68 times you lose

Nashville is 1-1 in games sevens, and will be playing their first game seven at home.

Last edited:

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Simplicity aka stubbornness. Mo's gameplan. The good ol' isn't enough for tomorrow's game.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Little has a shoulder problem that he got in game 5 you could see the trainer working on something under his pad on the bench, Lowry has probably a shoulder problem, no force in his hits in this series, not sure about Laine and Wheeler but it's certainly possible along with a few others and when they advance to the next round the injuries wont get any better.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If I had to bet I would say that Wheeler, Little, Laine, Perreault, Lowry are all playing through something significant. Especially Wheeler and Little. Scheif seems fine though as does Trouba-Morrissey.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Ron MacLean said on Monday after the Jets loss ... teams with 2 days off after a lost have a better win loss record ... 60 wins and only 30 losses.

Yes! I saw that as well. Then he quoted Mark Messier in that the loser of game 6 is always (more pissed off, ergo) more focused.

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
The Preds have guys playing hurt as well. All playoff teams do.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
I don't buy into having to score first to beat the trap. Speed and skill beats it and if we play our game it will be ineffective against us. If a simple old school trap completely shuts us down then we deserve to lose, it means we're not skating and playing too passive (game 4). Jets win this if they bring their A game, and I predict it's not that close - similar to game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad