Jeff Tambellini

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
tu said:
How about Amonte? Is he a fair comparison? They are both about the same size, with good speed and a great shot.

The only problem I have with the Amonte comparision is that Tony's a much better puckhandler in traffic. Tambellini does not deke near the net like Amonte does, instead relying on his quick, pinpoint shot. And I think Amonte's bigger.

Therefore, I don't think Tambellini has quite the potential to turn into another Amonte, I still like the Straka comparision better.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Sofa King said:
Jeez, from the reports it sounds like he is a clone of Michael Cammalleri. It seems like the Kings always have a small talented guy like this. From Tony Granato to Cory Millen to Craig Johnson to Cammy and Tammy. Luckily, they have some beef like Dustin Brown and Brian Boyle to make up for the lack of size of these guys coming up.

Sorry, did you just call Craig Johnson talented? ;)

MHNet

May 31, 2005
MichiganHockey.net
In terms of recent Michigan players, I've been thinking Tambellini reminds me somewhat of former Wolverine Andy Hilbert.

Hilbert's another guy who was smaller in stature and relied on his shot. He, like Tambellini, wasn't a flashy stickhandler by any means. He knew how to get open, get the puck, and rifle a shot on goal. Andy had pretty good speed, but Tamby definitely is faster and better defensively. They both just have a knack for scoring.

In watching all these video clips of Tambellini ripping one-timers recently, it just reminds me of Hilbert because he used to do the exact same thing.

Sofa King

Jul 13, 2004
King'sPawn said:
Sorry, did you just call Craig Johnson talented? ;)

He had his moments. Once in awhile a goalie would fall for the old shooting off the wrong foot trick. Unfortunately it wasn't quite often enough.

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
I'm wondering if Jeff will go straight to the Kings after his senior year or play a year in the AHL. I hope he plays at least one year in the AHL to mature a bit. :kings

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I think Tambellini can be a Geoff Courtnall type of player. Very fast and an excellent shot, but very streaky, which drives coaches and fans nuts at times, but means big points when he's on.

As a close observer of Cdn. Jr. A hockey, I was very bullish on him when he came out of Chilliwack (BCHL), and continued to be high on him after an excellent freshman campaign. But he struggled in his sophomore year, and my rating for him dropped. While it was good to see his numbers surge as a junior, let's keep in mind he is two years older than many of his opponents, so a jump in production should be expected.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
God Bless Canada said:
I think Tambellini can be a Geoff Courtnall type of player. Very fast and an excellent shot, but very streaky, which drives coaches and fans nuts at times, but means big points when he's on.

As a close observer of Cdn. Jr. A hockey, I was very bullish on him when he came out of Chilliwack (BCHL), and continued to be high on him after an excellent freshman campaign. But he struggled in his sophomore year, and my rating for him dropped. While it was good to see his numbers surge as a junior, let's keep in mind he is two years older than many of his opponents, so a jump in production should be expected.

And he was injured during his sophomore season, so a drop in production should be expected, too :)

I still think finishing his Senior year would be beneficial to him... but I really can't wait to see him in a Kings uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad