Confirmed with Link: Jay Woodcroft and Dave Manson fired - no more Woody during NNN - Kris Knoblauch hired, Coffey as assistant

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Feel bad for Woody, it's not all his fault and he is a good coach, however it was clear he really didn't know how to coach defense at an NHL level yet and the no accountability/low intensity approach he took to the team was backfiring hard.

We need to have a coach that is not flexible on defensive structure and runs harder practices at minimum.

Under Woodcroft they looked like almost the Eakins era team at times.

Thank you Woodcroft for that BOA playoff win in particular. I think he will show up as a coach again in San Jose down the line.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1644534118429.png

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Feel bad for Woody, it's not all his fault and he is a good coach, however it was clear he really didn't know how to coach defense at an NHL level yet and the no accountability/low intensity approach he took to the team was backfiring hard.

We need to have a coach that is not flexible on defensive structure and runs harder practices at minimum.

Under Woodcroft they looked like almost the Eakins era team at times.

Thank you Woodcroft for that BOA playoff win in particular. I think he will show up as a coach again in San Jose down the line.
We’ll always have this to remember him by. Better times, sigh.

1699808791235.png

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sutter or Gallant are my guess for the new hire, maybe an outside chance for Boudreau.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Interested to see who they get to replace him. I'm assuming Gulutzan, but someone needs to rein these guys in to start playing a more cohesive game.

I liked Woodcroft. He helped salvage a season that was almost a write-off behind Tippett. But he started following some of those same patterns this year. It had to be done.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
The tough move would have been to fire holland. He screwed up and let the whole org down this off season. Now he fires Woodcroft when he should have fallen on the sword and retired.

I like Woodcroft so this kinda sucks. I hope the replacement is an improvement. I don’t think we make the playoffs without a goalie and I doubt mcdrai are slumping because of Jay.

Anyway, best of luck to Woodcroft and his staff. Hopefully Holland doesn’t f*** this up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad