Jay Briscoe passes away in car accident

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Wrestlemania 30 weekend we decided to hit up the ROH SuperCard of Honor show a few miles out of New Orleans.

I didn’t know much about the card of who was even wrestling, but now looking back, holy f***… star studded for sure.

Anyways, Cole vs Briscoe in a ladder match was the main event and it was f***ing awesome. It had everything.

Anyways, the next day we were down on Bourbon Street and my buddy was like “Yo, that’s Jay Briscoe!” Sure as shit, it was him, ended up having a quick chat, told him his match kicked ass and he was super appreciative, fist bumped all of us. Seemed like such a good dude. Guy is intimidating as hell, but such a good dude to us.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Generally I'm more aware of AEW/WWE happenings, don't watch a lot of other stuff, but was obviously aware of The Briscoes. Their December 2022 match against FTR was the first match I watched start to finish and, as well all know, it was incredible.

It's crazy that he has probably driven all over the country between shows and yet an accident at home claims his life. Sympathies to his family and friends.

edit due to the post two below....Damn...I saw the chat log about a pediatric injury however didn't want to speculate in case it was a passenger from the other vehicle. Hoping she and the other critical individual pull through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaner9

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Wrestlemania 30 weekend we decided to hit up the ROH SuperCard of Honor show a few miles out of New Orleans.

I didn’t know much about the card of who was even wrestling, but now looking back, holy f***… star studded for sure.

Anyways, Cole vs Briscoe in a ladder match was the main event and it was f***ing awesome. It had everything.

Anyways, the next day we were down on Bourbon Street and my buddy was like “Yo, that’s Jay Briscoe!” Sure as shit, it was him, ended up having a quick chat, told him his match kicked ass and he was super appreciative, fist bumped all of us. Seemed like such a good dude. Guy is intimidating as hell, but such a good dude to us.
Wow no cap

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Rough news, reports saying another adult from the other car was also killed, and Briscoe's child was badly injured as well as another adult, heres hoping the injured can pull through

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Oh man this so f***ing brutal, especially after watching that video with his daughter. One of the most underrated wrestlers of all-time, at least in the sense that he never really worked for a major company (no disrespect to ROH). Just awful for his family foremost but the wrestling business too.

I would've gladly watched The Briscoes wrestle FTR at every PPV for the next 5 years. Best tag matches of all-time imo. Jay was something special and it sucks that his comments from years ago prevented him from getting a run in AEW the past year. Mark must be just gutted right now. Gotta feel for him.

RIP Legend

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Rough news, reports saying another adult from the other car was also killed, and Briscoe's child was badly injured as well as another adult, heres hoping the injured can pull through

Oh man. That’s hard to read…

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Absolutely gutted, super talented and super dedicated to his art, will be missed for sure by fans and especially by his family, hopefully the family can eventually move on and find peace.

Rest in power

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The news was awful, the updates that his daughters were in the car and are seriously injured makes it so much worse. Hopefully his girls manage to recover, physically and mentally. I can’t even imagine what his wife is going through

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad