Jarred Tinordi pt.2 (Re-called)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Emelin made a scrub like chimera look like Pavel bure. A true embarrassment. Tinner deserves more ice time

Tinordi was drafted 5.5 years ago. Don't you think he should be established in the top 6 by now? Tinordi is a bust...

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Tinordi was drafted 5.5 years ago. Don't you think he should be established in the top 6 by now? Tinordi is a bust...

According to "Tyson" on hf boards.

Big defensemen take a longer time to develop. He hasn't looked out of place in his handful of games so far and was the only guy we had that made Wilson accountable for his actions.

Tinordi is good enough to play in this league. Like any other young guy he needs ice time.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm unimpressed by his recent appearances, just as I was by his earlier ones. He remains a cluck. When will he be ready, when he's 29?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I'm unimpressed by his recent appearances, just as I was by his earlier ones. He remains a cluck. When will he be ready, when he's 29?

...in his 6 minutes tonite, he looked 10X better than Emelin has this year...maybe if you people stop expecting Chara out there and realize that Tinordi hasn't played at all this year and is primarily a shutdown guy, you'll appreciate his game more...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

These big defensemen take longer to develop, and after sitting up in the press box for 34 games and coming in, he looked fine in the first two games. I didn't watch the game tonight, but surely, he didn't play worse than Emelin, and didn't deserve to play only 6 ****ing minutes.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
These big defensemen take longer to develop, and after sitting up in the press box for 34 games and coming in, he looked fine in the first two games. I didn't watch the game tonight, but surely, he didn't play worse than Emelin, and didn't deserve to play only 6 ****ing minutes.

...he spent 5 in the Sin Bin after a round with Wilson...otherwise, he made one fairly egregious error in the D-zone that didn't result in a goal against, he pinched once in the Neutral Zone to stop a deep pass with both Emelin and Pleks in the area to back him up (of course this led to the Chimera goal when Emelin made himself look like an ECHL player by letting 36 year old Chimera blow by him and roof one in tight on Condon), and he sat on the bench...a lot...he was fine again tonite and better than Emelin by leaps and bounds...again...he should be an every-day 3rd pairing guy right now and given the opportunity to be one here with the Habs...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, in the limited viewings of him on the main roster (thanks for sitting him for 34 straight games, Therrien) and coming in cold like that, he's looked good considering the situation he was in. Better than Gilbert, and he can easily be our full-time number six, imo, or swapped in and out with Pateryn.

Nynja*

Emelin made a scrub like chimera look like Pavel bure. A true embarrassment. Tinner deserves more ice time

Um, Chimera is probably one of the fastest skaters in the league, that wasnt because of Emelin

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Um, Chimera is probably one of the fastest skaters in the league, that wasnt because of Emelin

...and everyone knows Chimera has wheels...Emelin totally misplayed the entire play and got outmuscled & out-angled, not just outskated, by Chimera...that was absolutely because of Emelin...

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
He played 6 minutes and 19 seconds tonight, and fought the toughest player on the other team to a draw.

Hard to impress anyone or improve when your coach won't let you play.

Amen to this.

Therriens usage of Tinordi has been borderline criminal.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll bash MT for a lot.. however, the Tinordi situation, not really his fault.

He's just a bad pick and a bad player.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I'll bash MT for a lot...however, the Tinordi situation, not really his fault.

Markov and Emelin together is $10mil...no wonder we're never going to witness CUP #25. Meanwhile...Chicago has the best top 3 Dmen in Keith/Seabrook/Hjarmalsson...and I'm sure we can get way more quality for our buck VS spending on Markov+Emelin for 10mil, but no...some here still bash (under 1mil) Tinordi.

It's not fair that we finally get to watch Tinordi while the ENTIRE team is NOT delivering. So, no one looks that good (except for Carr).

Price makes Therrien look good.
Price makes many players look good (especially defensemen).

He covers up so many mistakes.

I hope Tinordi will be there when Price comes back.
With Price, Tinordi might end up a +10 in a handful of games only.

Every year we need good D-depth (#6-7-8...).

Tinordi will be cheap and great for our cap for the next several years. Don't dump him for nothing...keep him...let him bloom him here. At worst...he's our #6-7. But, I still think he'll be a future great partner for Subban. When...the team decides to give him the FULL green light (CONFIDENCE).

Future:
Tinordi---PK Subban

Go Tinordi Go!!

Many players make Emelin look like a fool (or novice dman)...remember Martin St-Louis? Holy cow did he ever make Emelin look like a major dunce...several times.

Note: Emelin was -3 vs Washington. At least he wasn't a -4 or -5, so there's that! We waited so ***** long for this ***** Emelin...$4.1mil/year AND with a ***** NTC??? (what the ****?). I hope he gets traded in January when his NTC opens up a bit (can be traded to 10-15 teams?). And why does Bergevin give a NTC to this overpaid brain-dead (zero-hockey sense) bum?

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
According to "Tyson" on hf boards.

Big defensemen take a longer time to develop. He hasn't looked out of place in his handful of games so far and was the only guy we had that made Wilson accountable for his actions.

Tinordi is good enough to play in this league. Like any other young guy he needs ice time.

He had pkenty of ice time a few years back was progressing perfectly until Toe Nails fn Therrien messed with his head and jetisonned him as quickly as possible over a fkn giveaway that cost a game.
Don't mess with DA RECORD...
To put this into perspective John Klingberg who has a good coach in Ruff created a turnover that hit all the highlight reels for all the wrong reasons found himself back in the saddle immediately.
How's Klingberg doing now!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'll bash MT for a lot.. however, the Tinordi situation, not really his fault.

Agreed, Tinordi hasn't shown anything worth while in the NHL since preseason as 2nd year Pro. No way should he be in the lineup over Pateryn.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
...and everyone knows Chimera has wheels...Emelin totally misplayed the entire play and got outmuscled & out-angled, not just outskated, by Chimera...that was absolutely because of Emelin...

Chimera was skating full speed when he got to the puck and Emelin was stopped at the red line and was caught flat footed. No one would be able to catch up with Chimera in that situation, not even Beaulieu ou Subban.

Maybe he misread the play but if you're calling Emelin slow based on this play look at the whole context first.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Chimera was skating full speed when he got to the puck and Emelin was stopped at the red line and was caught flat footed. No one would be able to catch up with Chimera in that situation, not even Beaulieu ou Subban.

Maybe he misread the play but if you're calling Emelin slow based on this play look at the whole context first.

I agree, and Chimera is also faster than a lot of people give him credit for. BUT the thing is he DID misread the play, and that in itself is an error. That's the point.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal

It was simply a bad read by Emelin. He thought he had time to get to the puck before the forechecker, which he didn't since the forechecker was Chimera. Had he simply skated to the middle of the ice to defend the zone, things would have been fine. Yet another exhibit of Emelin's poor hockey sense.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
We'll never know if Tinordi is a bust because he can't or just mistreated because they did not really give him a chance to succeed or bust in the NHL. They're holding him hostage and anyone would be pissed if they were in Tinordi's shoes. Sitting the pressbox nearly every night, unsure of the future and those ****ing higher ups making sure OTHER TEAMS don't even want to take a chance, making early retirement potentially more and more attractive as the year passes by.

To me, Tinordi always had some hockey sense and just a little offensive instinct. But hey, you can't hone your skills when you can't play.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
We'll never know if Tinordi is a bust because he can't or just mistreated because they did not really give him a chance to succeed or bust in the NHL. They're holding him hostage and anyone would be pissed if they were in Tinordi's shoes. Sitting the pressbox nearly every night, unsure of the future and those ****ing higher ups making sure OTHER TEAMS don't even want to take a chance, making early retirement potentially more and more attractive as the year passes by.

To me, Tinordi always had some hockey sense and just a little offensive instinct. But hey, you can't hone your skills when you can't play.
HE should pull a patches and ask to be playing 20 minutes a night with St Johns. Awful player management...sigh again.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
HE should pull a patches and ask to be playing 20 minutes a night with St Johns. Awful player management...sigh again.
By not playing him when he was safe from waiver sniping, our genius coach and management made sure that they put Tinordi into his current bind. All for what? Francis Boullion occupying a roster spot and copious amounts of icetime because Therrien wanted to win with Frankie in a prominent role? The more one dwells on that, the more stupid it sounds.

They would probably turn a blind eye to his concussion affecting him and blame him not playing well because he just can't do it. Look at Parenteau. No, he isn't lighting the world on fire, but concussions can **** people up in subtle ways. I didn't follow the AHL, but if the fight that led to his concussion was avoidable, somebody is responsible for making Tinordi think he had to accept that fight with a career AHLer. In fact, he should be copying Lucic and be very selective of who he fights. He's not gonna be his dad, so he shouldn't be forced to be that way.

Megaforce

Tinordi looked fine to me.

I didn't like his first game, he was screening the goalie on that first goal and so forth. But if all things are equal I like a bigger player like Tinordi who scares opponents with size.

I don't want to see Pateryn again after his terrible soft-hopeful-blind pass in the left circle that screwed us. Pee Wee B stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad