Confirmed with Link: Jaros to SJ, Kopacka & SJ 7th to Ottawa

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
FINALLY!! The rebuild is

giphy.gif

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Always liked Jaros, for some reason DJ Smith wasn't a fan.

Reactions: bert

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He is slow and bad with the puck just the way DJ likes his D. Jaros is just simply too young for DJ. DJ likes his players like he likes his Women, cougars.
Saw his significant other at rookie camp last year. He did pretty well for himself considering he looks like sopranos mobster who would get whacked early on in season 1

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I don't get it. We waive Balcers who appears to be a superior winger to this guy and give up a couple assets to get Kopacka. Does this guy replace Jaros on the taxi squad or go to the AHL?

I suspect the 7th is the real "asset" in this trade, and Kopacka is just a contract equalizer. There's a reasonable chance he will not even be a regular in Belleville.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don't get it. We waive Balcers who appears to be a superior winger to this guy and give up a couple assets to get Kopacka. Does this guy replace Jaros on the taxi squad or go to the AHL?

He’s big and fast and has the opportunity to develop into a useful bottom 6 player.

A 4th line who plays like Watson or Paul is valuable than a 2LW which can’t crack the top 6 and can’t defend.

Reactions: aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I like Jaros and thought he had a good chance to carve out a role on the bottom pairing. I guess with the recent additions and drafting Sanderson and Kleven the organization didn't really see him as part of the future. Hopefully he can have a decent career elsewhere.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Oh I read that wrong. That's a plus. Still kinda disappointing to not even get Jaros a chance.

I kinda agree, but evidently they feel like Zub is a better player than him.

I did/do think Jaros has #5 upside though, although he's failed to develop in the past few years.

I really doubt Jaros is any worse than Coburn, don't why we were so reluctant to give him a shot these past few seasons. Probably a bad trade.

He's probably not worse than Coburn, but we also didn't acquire Coburn because we wanted him. Coburn is here, thought, and he deserved a look. Either way, if management felt like Jaros was a viable option we could have gotten him into the lineup. Given that he just went through waivers, a 7th isn't a terrible return. I would have liked to see him get a shot, but if management didn't have that in their plans, I'm glad we got something back for him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He’s big and fast and has the opportunity to develop into a useful bottom 6 player.

A 4th line who plays like Watson or Paul is valuable than a 2LW which can’t crack the top 6 and can’t defend.

He might be that for Belleville but he has a hell of a long way to go before he becomes anything close to Watson or Paul at the NHL level.

I think its far more likely we targetted the pick and he was just a contract to balance things out. After this season he won't be waiver exempt and have my doubts we'll extend him.

Reactions: aragorn and cudi

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He shoots left so I doubt he replaces Tkachuk, Stutzle, Paul or Formenton on the left side, but might be a good depth signing who could move up in the lineup. Jaros wasn't going anywhere in this org, now he gets a new start probably good for him. It's another minor league deal that does nothing for the parent team & smoke & mirrors move so fans think PD is actually doing something useful. At least he got a 7th back, surprised he didn't give another pick away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad