Kings Article: Jaret Anderson-Dolan Brings Speed, Quickness, Skill and Character to LA Kings System

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
I’d like to see more discussion on this player. When I have seen him play he reminds me of a tenacious Ryan O Reilly type.

Why hasn’t he been given a legit chance and now that 3 more forwards have been moved out, does he have a the playing time to establish himself as a regular middle six player in the NHL?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I’d like to see more discussion on this player. When I have seen him play he reminds me of a tenacious Ryan O Reilly type.

Why hasn’t he been given a legit chance and now that 3 more forwards have been moved out, does he have a the playing time to establish himself as a regular middle six player in the NHL?
This bump confused the hell out of me lol. JAD is a decent player, but he doesn't really excel at any one thing he is just reliably okay at everything. He has been used as a spare forward for a while now and has been given chances and is good enough to be a regular bottom 6 player, but LA prefers to put their top prospects down there for some reason to try and prove themselves with 5 minutes a night :P

I can easily see him being the next Nic Dowd or Mike Amadio though and be a useful bottom 6 elsewhere, he is mainly just a casualty of redundancy and no roster spots available.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
The Kings have a 5 year plan with all their draft picks. Last season was JADs fifth year with the organization. I'm curious what happens now that the 5 years have passed for him.

As far as switching in JAD for Lizotte, I'm all for that. But two things to remember here:

1. The Kings coaches love Lizotte
2. 5'9 Lizotte is the closest thing we have to an enforcer. Without him, the cupboards are bare, and the only hope we have are the referees.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
aaaand-hes-gone-9e79a6e6bf.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Very unlikely.

I’m pretty sure ROR would have been able to win a position battle vs Blake Lizotte in his age 23 season.
He did beat out Lizotte a couple years back. It was a waiver game and he got sent down.
His rookie year he was a bright spot centering Moore and Grundstrom. Had a bad camp the next season and so did Lizotte. Byfield broke his ankle the last game? of preseason. Lizotte then got the 4c spot cause Dolan didnt require waivers and he stepped up and ran away with it centering Kaliyev and Lemieux.
Andersen and Vilardi were looking good together also and injuries happened and that was that. So much promise… But I agree not ROR upside.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
JAD did a lot of things well, and nothing exceptional.

He will land an NHL spot somewhere on a bottom-dwelling team looking to fill out its roster on the cheap, and I hope he finds that next step, but it wasn’t ever gonna be here.

Reactions: Herby

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He did beat out Lizotte a couple years back. It was a waiver game and he got sent down.
His rookie year he was a bright spot centering Moore and Grundstrom. Had a bad camp the next season and so did Lizotte. Byfield broke his ankle the last game? of preseason. Lizotte then got the 4c spot cause Dolan didnt require waivers and he stepped up and ran away with it centering Kaliyev and Lemieux.
Andersen and Vilardi were looking good together also and injuries happened and that was that. So much promise… But I agree not ROR upside.

I think he can be a bottom line player in the NHL but the ROR stuff is just not being able to let go of draft projection, that we obviously know now was wrong.

Reactions: Schmooley

Brent Burns Beard