Injury Report: Jared Spurgeon (Groin, out up to 6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Sounds like Spurgeon's injury isn't a day-to-day thing. From Russo's article on the Prosser claim:

Head coach Bruce Boudreau said Spurgeon will miss at least Thursday’s game against Vegas and Saturday’s against the Blues, and it’s “debatable” whether Spurgeon will travel with the Wild next week to California.
However, sources tell The Athletic that the Wild are expected to learn more about Spurgeon’s injury Friday and that he’ll miss at least a couple weeks and possibly as long as four to six weeks depending of the severity of what the team’s currently calling a groin strain.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe it's time to see that Dumba/Suter pairing. Only way we put two passable D pairs together. Olofsson/Brodin on the 2nd pair. Reilly and Prosser on the third pair. Dumba and Reilly play a ton on the PP, allowing Suter and Brodin some rest so they can play PK.

Big time opportunity for Reilly and Olofsson. Dumba, too, for that matter. Don't blow it, guys. Prosser and Brodin are known commodities, and unlikely to change much, especially given the circumstances.

Groins...

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
maxresdefault.jpg

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I blame the lack of water bottle opening this season for his injury.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
This could turn out to be a pretty long time to try to tread water with an already struggling D-core. I wonder if Fletcher makes a more significant move...

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Darth was pretty effective, even after losing all those body parts. Some would say he was even better after the accident....more focussed, maybe?

Maybe the same thing will happen to Spurge.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Pardon my french, but f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** shit.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Maybe it's time to see that Dumba/Suter pairing. Only way we put two passable D pairs together. Olofsson/Brodin on the 2nd pair. Reilly and Prosser on the third pair. Dumba and Reilly play a ton on the PP, allowing Suter and Brodin some rest so they can play PK.

Big time opportunity for Reilly and Olofsson. Dumba, too, for that matter. Don't blow it, guys. Prosser and Brodin are known commodities, and unlikely to change much, especially given the circumstances.

Groins...
Add Ryan Murphy to the list (whom I thought looked pretty good last night against Vegas).

Big oppurtunity for about 4 guys right now.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Add Ryan Murphy to the list (whom I thought looked pretty good last night against Vegas).

Big oppurtunity for about 4 guys right now.
I was surprised by Murphy. Not that he was great (he saved his own butt with that poke check on Smith), but he didn't look bad at all.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I was surprised by Murphy. Not that he was great (he saved his own butt with that poke check on Smith), but he didn't look bad at all.

Yeah he was kind of written off but he was a first-rounder for a reason. If he can be a poor man's Spurgeon for a few weeks, this team has the horses to keep in the race.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeah he was kind of written off but he was a first-rounder for a reason. If he can be a poor man's Spurgeon for a few weeks, this team has the horses to keep in the race.

Yeah, poor man's Spurgeon sounds right, because Spurgeon lite.. no that doesn't work.. ;)

Reactions: Lapa

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Murphy showed some good things, with the goal, and possibly game saving poke check being one of them, and also some bad things. Seemed to lack poise when handling the puck. Both he and Olofsson seemed to have trouble coping with the speed of the game. That's a common problem with young Dmen. I have a lot of hope for Olofsson. Murphy should know better.

Murphy looks pretty fast and can carry the puck, but is limited in size and can make some risky moves. Really, he, Reilly and Dumba have a lot in common. I hope Dumba can go to school and blossom with his enforced time with Suter. If he can play a passable second banana to him, then it frees up Spurgeon, and Brodin, to play with others. That could solidify our entire D. Both of those players are capable of anchoring a pairing.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

It'd be great to get him back earlier than expected, though Dumba and Murphy have been doing pretty well in his absence. It's actually been nice to see both players get that opportunity. I have to wonder how hard Boudreau will lobby to keep Dumba up with Suter once Spurgeon's back, since it sounds like that's where his mind is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad