January Ticket Draw

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
You never know dude. This could just be a poorly worded email. It does say password in the sentence before which the only password I ever used was winning the lottery tickets.

Just showing what was making the new waiting list members including myself think you only could get 2

I believe the wording is a hold over from last season. The method last season was a bit different. Each block that was released they gave a non-unique password. You would log into ticketmaster and to view the tickets you would need this password. Kinda like a pre-sale password for concerts. You didn't need to be on the wait list to use the password, as long as you had it.

They changed it this season to say you have to log into your account and be authenticated as a wait list member before you can access the tickets. So the password is no longer needed, just your account access.

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
Wow... it seems that the entire Jets ticketmaster site is in the same waiting mode.

Good thing they charge a convenience fee of $8 per ticket.

What a bunch of dingbats

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Just picked up a ticket (1st Row upper deck for 116$) to the home opener right now 1:45PM (almost 4 hours after they were officially released) and there seems to be plenty left.

They must have had a glitch earlier or something.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
There must be something wrong with my account or something. When there is no tickets it redirects you back to your account page right? That is all I get and in my profile section it has my wait list position so I don't know how else to make sure I have access to the tickets.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Just picked up a ticket (1st Row upper deck for 116$) to the home opener right now 1:45PM (almost 4 hours after they were officially released) and there seems to be plenty left.

They must have had a glitch earlier or something.

I was in the queue from 12:32 to 1:45 and when I got in there were no tickets available. I stayed in for half an hour, refreshing every minute or so and no tickets were ever made available to me. And then it kicked me out about 10 minutes ago.

Ondrej The Giant

May 7, 2011
Winnipeg
I just went in about 15 minutes ago and there were lots of tickets left. I even saw a pair of side by side in the 300's to the home opener. Not sure what's happening with the site. I would say try again.

cT9J1

Pic is not working I dunno... here's the link: http://imgur.com/cT9J1

Last edited:

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
I just went in about 15 minutes ago and there were lots of tickets left. I even saw a pair of side by side in the 300's to the home opener. Not sure what's happening with the site. I would say try again.

cT9J1

I'm guessing you are not a new waiting list member? I think we have found the missing link. I tried calling the Jets but obviously they are busy.

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg

cT9J1

Interesting. I have been logged into my account for the past 30 min and there hasn't been any tickets available. I'll keep trying though. :)

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
The only thing I can think of is that it's not properly "validating" people an authentic wait list member for some reason. I wonder if using a different computer/ISP than previously or maybe not clicking on the link from directly inside the email. Perhaps if they can even detect if the email has been forwarded. Who knows?

So many people are getting shutout for no apparent reason, including some of my friends. Something is not right.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I got a pair of P7s for the Islanders game.. cheap!:nod:

I've been refreshing all day at work and I could only see what was available once at around 215.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
I got a pair of P7s for the Islanders game.. cheap!:nod:

I've been refreshing all day at work and I could only see what was available once at around 215.

Congrats.
by refreshing you mean staring at the stupid screen while it tells you not to refresh? It's to bad only one person gets to log on at a time it seems.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Not sure what the issue is, but I logged in just now and found tons of singles for all three games, including the opener.

Ryan Giggs

Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
I have tried from 3 different computers and my mobile phone and have never gotten past the

"An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site. You've been placed in line and will be granted access to the site in the order in which you arrived." message above the roving cylon eye.

I have tried leaving the page and waiting as the message suggests you do... and I have tried the constant refresh mode which worked last year.

Nothing.

I get it that this process is random... and I understand that I am not guaranteed a ticket. But how come it has lingered all day... last year you knew within minutes if you had a ticket or not... they didn't string you along all day. I really have other things to do!

This is really shoddy customer service

jetsy

Arny Palmy alert!
Feb 14, 2012
Winnipeg Arena
I tried logging in a few minutes before 10:00 and got the "...unusually..." message. I was trying from my personal (Windows) phone and my work (iPhone 4s) and left it. Problem there was my phones would constantly reload on their own. Not sure if it was kicking me to the back of the line every time or not.

Every once in a while one of my phones would log in and I'd be able to click the "Single Game Tickets" link. Of course it would say no tickets were available at the time and to check later. I would keep an eye on my phone and make it will still trying as I was doing my work.

I finished my job some time after 11:00, probably between 11:15 and 11:30. I gave up and decided to try later. Went and grabbed some lunch, went back to the shop and decided to hit the computer one last time to see what might come up. Must have been some time between 12:00 and 12:30 (None of these times would I deem accurate BTW, just a vague recollection of times).

Started off at jets.nhl.com, went to My Account, immediately was able to log in. As soon as I saw I logged in, went straight to "Single Game Tickets" and the three games popped up. Clicked on Ottawa, and it took me to a map of the arena. I'd say somewhere between 1/5-1/3 of the arena was 'lit up' with available tickets.

Where I clicked had an entire row available. I'm surprised it went from not being able to log in for hours to logging in and having plenty of seats and pairs to pick from, for the opener no less.

I figured I'd let you guys know since a thread has already been opened and there has been some frustration shown by some users.

I don't blame the Jets, it is what it is. Thousands of wait list members logging in at the same time for the same purpose. I expected a bit of jam. What I didn't expect was hours of jam. Not sure if there's anything to improve the experience for the next round of games. Just happy I can sit next to a friend at a Jets home/season opener on a Saturday afternoon.

Edit: The transaction was finished around quarter after one, so I must have gotten to jets.nhl.com shortly before that.

Last edited:

Ryan Giggs

Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
I finally got through... after the better part of 7hrs trying

plenty of singles for Ottawa and NYI... none for the Pens

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I finally got through... after the better part of 7hrs trying

plenty of singles for Ottawa and NYI... none for the Pens

Same here. Now that all the pairs are long gone I can browse the games and pick singles. I'm kind of angry that it was telling me that no tickets were available when clearly there were hundreds. I wasted a lot of time today waiting and refreshing. This is a poor process.

Roooski

Sep 21, 2011
There are still singles left in P1 and P3 for Ottawa and plenty for Isles....only singles though. I too was unable to log in at 10am. Only tried for a few mins then realized that almost everyone must have been trying at the same time. That really is a poor process. Also, unless it is just me, but I can not use the seat map as they had last year. This makes it extremely frustrating to have to go back and forth between the ever so slow pages to check which sections are available in each price range.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
You never know dude. This could just be a poorly worded email. It does say password in the sentence before which the only password I ever used was winning the lottery tickets.

Just showing what was making the new waiting list members including myself think you only could get 2

I can confirm we have 6 tickets purchased through a single waiting list account. 2 per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad