Pre-Game Talk: January 4th: Worst home jerseys in the league @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Ok so the Panthers next five games are against Nashville, Montreal, Buffalo, NJ, and NYI

Nashville can't score and their goaltending is inconsistent, Montreal, while a better team than the Panthers can't handle their play, Buffalo is almost 1975 Caps bad without Miller, but he always brings his A game so it won't be as easy a win as everyone thinks, NJ is meh and NYI are a disaster. If this team has even the faintest playoff hope it has to get 8 out of 10 points here.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The one thing that frustrates me is that Horacheck took over a team with a terrible pp and has kept KD's awful system in place.Isn't it obvious at this point that Flash can't play the point? That 4 min pp was embarrassing, a goal would've wrapped the game up, but it looked as if they were content to just try and sit on a 1-0 lead.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We hired Horachek with Screwie and Madden. While the latter two should by all means get the PK working. Those latter two have no clue of PP. Don't the assistant coaches usually run the PP, PK or defense depending on there skill set? Does anyone know how to run the PP on our coaching staff? It seems like he's running Dineen's old PP notes out there.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
We hired Horachek with Screwie and Madden. While the latter two should by all means get the PK working. Those latter two have no clue of PP. Don't the assistant coaches usually run the PP, PK or defense depending on there skill set? Does anyone know how to run the PP on our coaching staff? It seems like he's running Dineen's old PP notes out there.

florida was top10 in the PP both years dineen coached, so there's absolutely no reason to hate on the PP

actually, its one of the few things that were great last year

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
florida was top10 in the PP both years dineen coached, so there's absolutely no reason to hate on the PP

Why doesn't it work. It's not like we downgraded our offense as only Peter Mueller is gone from last years PP

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
The one thing that frustrates me is that Horacheck took over a team with a terrible pp and has kept KD's awful system in place.Isn't it obvious at this point that Flash can't play the point? That 4 min pp was embarrassing, a goal would've wrapped the game up, but it looked as if they were content to just try and sit on a 1-0 lead.

I remember someone on here saying how San Antionio's PP was pretty bad when Horacheck was there. I like Madden and Screwie, but Tallon needs to find a coach that knows how to run a PP. Campbell and Flash playing hot potato with the puck isn't a powerplay.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I remember someone on here saying how San Antionio's PP was pretty bad when Horacheck was there. I like Madden and Screwie, but Tallon needs to find a coach that knows how to run a PP. Campbell and Flash playing hot potato with the puck isn't a powerplay.

giphy.gif

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Why doesn't it work. It's not like we downgraded our offense as only Peter Mueller is gone from last years PP

im wondering the same

i think it was built up to benefit huberdeau, now huberdeau got another position on the PP (i think?)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The least Horacheck could do is switch the sides Campbell and Flash are playing, since Flash is so keen on passing.

At least Soupy isn't afraid to shoot, even though his accuracy isn't that better.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Yeah it was great last 2 years but it's been 41 games this year and it's a joke, it's time to change it up. I don't think you can say it was fine the last 2 years it'll get better on its own, but that's what the coaching staff seems to be thinking.

The Sabres are wearing their thirds on the road?

I didn't count those because they're their 3rds. Honourable mention to NYI's 3rds as well.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The least Horacheck could do is switch the sides Campbell and Flash are playing, since Flash is so keen on passing.

At least Soupy isn't afraid to shoot, even though his accuracy isn't that better.

I'd like to see Campbel switch sides and put Bjugstad at that point if we must generate all PP offense from the point. Ideally with our size, we work the puck from down low towards the net. I don't think Bjugstad has an PP points. We're not using him properly on the PP.

I'm sure you'll agree we need to get Kopecky off the PP.

Erick*

I'd like to see Campbel switch sides and put Bjugstad at that point if we must generate all PP offense from the point. Ideally with our size, we work the puck from down low towards the net. I don't think Bjugstad has an PP points. We're not using him properly on the PP.

I'm sure you'll agree we need to get Kopecky off the PP.

I, for one, wouldn't mind him being off the team.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I think Kopecky is over-rated. His mobility isn't great, he kind of lumbers around out on the ice. He can't handle the puck to save his life -- he kind of swats at it. 4th line player and should get 4th line minutes. He's a good-teammate and a pest but that's about all he is. Put Matthias out on the PP please.

Erick*

I think Kopecky is over-rated. His mobility isn't great, he kind of lumbers around out on the ice. He can't handle the puck to save his life -- he kind of swats at it. 4th line player and should get 4th line minutes. He's a good-teammate and a pest but that's about all he is. Put Matthias out on the PP please.

I agree. + if Kopecky leaves, Matthias would take his minutes. That, alone, is good enough for me. Matthias is better and cheaper, as well.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Looks like Upshall will return. Also Huby has been bumped down 3rd line duty with Goc and Kopy.

Gudbranson also practicing in a full cage.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
good time for the coaches to make hubey earn it... i feel it will do him good to feel some coaching wrath

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Looks like Upshall will return. Also Huby has been bumped down 3rd line duty with Goc and Kopy.
Gudbranson also practicing in a full cage.

good time for the coaches to make hubey earn it... i feel it will do him good to feel some coaching wrath

I agree he could use a little bit of a switch up. But I don't like him with Goc and Kopecky. Those three are just going to play east/west hockey til the cows come home and barely get anything at the net. Not going to be effective at all. Not to mention it's not good for Huby's development.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Fleischmann passes to Campbell. Campbell to Fleishmann. Fleishmann wide open. Back to Campbell. Campbell shoots! And it's wide and Nashville clears it down the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad