Jannik Hansen Appreciation Thread

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The Canucks 9th round pick in 2004, 287th overall. 565 regular season games, 105 goals, 235 points. 18 points in 64 playoff games. Arguably the hardest working Canuck in the past 10 years.

Farewell, honey badger!

Vtp71SX.gif

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
a very good soldier and player for the canucks. when he was first called up. he was fast and still is. its just that he had hands of stone. but as the year progressed he improved. played shotgun alongside the twins. anchored a third line with malhotra and torres in 2011. then this year played alongside bo horvat before getting hurt. goodluck honey badger. win the cup in san jose!

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
He's really an important player for us, improves any line he's on, and a great PKer. Gonna miss the Honey Badger, I remember a time when Hansen was my favourite prospect. It's sad to see him go.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Just a great player to have in your organization. Wish him the very best with the rest of his career. :handclap:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I really wished the Canucks could have had the distinction of employing the first Dane to win the Stanley Cup.

In those halcyon days when I was new to Canucks fandom, you were my first favourite prospect. Goodbye!

yoss

May 25, 2011
Honey badger might not care, but i do. About losing him.

Cheering for a Sharks Sens finals, however unlikely that would be. btw where is the Burrows appreciation thread?

Two more of the old guard gone, lots of memories. Sad to see 2 of honestly my favorite players to ever put on a Nucks uni leave. Heart & soul guys. OTOH I'm more invested in the playoffs now, esp. Sharks with that condition on the pick.

Sharks got a great player, their fans will realize that soon enough. Great add for a team looking to make another run in the playoffs imo. Good luck guys on your new teams, and thanks for the memories.

yoss

May 25, 2011
aha, knew it had to be around here somewhere, gracias Zombo.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I really wished the Canucks could have had the distinction of employing the first Dane to win the Stanley Cup.

In those halcyon days when I was new to Canucks fandom, you were my first favourite prospect. Goodbye!

It was the thing that was meant to be but didnt.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Both Hansen and Burrows literally clawed their way from almost complete obscurity into solid NHL players.

Thanks to both of you. May the force be with you, always.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Man I feel sorry for the guy going through this. Just a general recap but: He had to sit around for a hour in the weight room waiting and he was skiddish trying to avoid media while everyone speculated about where he's going according to MacIntyre. He's not going to be playing on Thursday because of Visa problems which I think is best, but we'll see him in a Sharks jersey soon.

I'll definitely miss him and definitely going to be hard seeing him play for a division rival. Go chase the cup Honey Badger, we'll be rooting for you. :)

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Man I feel sorry for the guy going through this. Just a general recap but: He had to sit around for a hour in the weight room waiting and he was skiddish trying to avoid media while everyone speculated about where he's going according to MacIntyre. He's not going to be playing on Thursday because of Visa problems which I think is best, but we'll see him in a Sharks jersey soon.

I'll definitely miss him and definitely going to be hard seeing him play for a division rival. Go chase the cup Honey Badger, we'll be rooting for you. :)

You sure we're not rooting for 2nd 1st round pick?
:sarcasm:

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Hansen and Kesler, to me, were the heart of this team when they were competitive. Both guys are very similar, as they both continued to get better and never backed down. Sad to see them go, but hope we'll see more guys like them in the future, soon. Both guys have the will and desire to be winners.

With Burrows gone, too. It's def sad to see that team that went to the Finals slowly diminish. It's going to be a while, until they can build a team like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad