Confirmed with Link: Janmark re-signs 1x1m

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He got better and better. The did suffer without him, especially in the playoffs, and when he got back he was likely not 100% yet.

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
Great defensive forward. Glad to have him back.

I feel like we could use one physical guy in the bottom 6 to help round it out a bit. But looking at the spots available now, not sure who we could add to fit that bill. I guess Holloway if he makes the team.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Really nice signing. Clearly Janmark wants to be here to push for a Cup, so that's encouraging. He's a very solid depth guy who's going to help our PK and add some points here and there. Can't complain at 1 year for 1m.

Reactions: Oilhawks

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Okay I'm not sure if I was having a stroke at lunch but I was flipping through the radio and listened to an interview with him on 1260??? Lots of talk from Janmark about considering free agency and a longer deal, but deciding to return due to unfinished business. Loved it - but again, may have been some sort of dream or brain malfunction

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I love Janmark. What a heck of a signing.

Both Janmark and Ryan taking pay cuts to win.
Yup.
Exactly what you want in the bottom 6...versatility and value.

Very pleased.

Foegele as well. Just need the 4C. Bring back Bjugstad
Unless Bjugstad comes really cheap I would like to see the team move on from him.
Slow skater and he doesnt think the game particularly well IMO.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Nice!!! He’s great in the bottom 6. I was hoping for multi year but this is still a big win. It’s a great sign that quality players are taking discounts to stay here
Only reason not multiple years is b3cause cap going up. Don't be surprised if he signs multiple year next summer

Think we will see a fee 1 year deals around the league possible 2 with the talk how much cap should rise next few years. Probably upwards of 15 million

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Just realized that all I posted was the meme / gif

Big fan of this player, his absence on the PK was notable when he was injured. Sneaky good SH opportunities (and should probably be in shoot outs). Also seems solid 5v5. Can play up in the top 6 for stints but obviously much better used in the bottom 6 and PK. Will be good to push Holloway for 3LW vs 4LW

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Solid player that wants to be an Oiler and win a cup, and didn't try to selfishly leverage offers from Euro leagues into a bigger deal like someone else we recently said goodbye to. One of the best defensive forwards on the team, good signing Holland.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Ryan and Janmark take a combined $600K less to stay this year.

I've said this before, and I realize it is not at all likely to happen, but if they could get Bouchard to agree to a very favourable 1 year deal with an extension already negotiated that could work out well for everyone. .

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Anyone know if he played any RW in Dallas?

If he can, that #3RW spot beside Foegele and McLeod should probably be his.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ryan and Janmark take a combined $600K less to stay this year.

I've said this before, and I realize it is not at all likely to happen, but if they could get Bouchard to agree to a very favourable 1 year deal with an extension already negotiated that could work out well for everyone. .
It's just so risky to do something like that on the player's side though, to the point that it's basically irresponsible to sign something like that . You know damn well that if Bouchard has a poor season they're not going to just give him the contract that they had talked about the previous year.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's just so risky to do something like that on the player's side though, to the point that it's basically irresponsible to sign something like that . You know damn well that if Bouchard has a poor season they're not going to just give him the contract that they had talked about the previous year.
I fully understand this and it is the reason why I don't expect it to happen. The risk is not as much as it might seem though since an extension can be executed on Jan 1. The only thing I suspect would derail it would be an very serious injury.

In the end it is not all that different from UFA's taking cheap 1 year deals to pump up their stats. We have already seen some examples of something like this. Kevin Labanc signed for $1M after a 56 point season with an implicit promise that he would be compensated the next year. But it is a risk for sure and

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad