Prospect Info: Jan Drozg | Left Wing | Leksands J20 (Swedish Juniors) | 5th round, 152nd overall

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
That's three more minutes than Zizek spends on hygiene. :laugh:

The less regard he pays to his hygiene, the closer he is to unlocking the secrets of the universe. His final form is that of perfect insight into everything, but with the curse of smelling so foul that he can't pass any of it on to another living creature.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Drozg's CHL rights are held by Rouyn-Noranda and it seems like the expectation is that he was heading there this coming season.

The Huskies already have Lauzon on their roster, so there's your Q team to watch the next couple years.

Just watched the video interview with Sexton and Allvin, and Allvin confirmed that he's going to come over to play in the CHL (the Q) next year, so definitely a great opportunity for him to start getting accustomed to NA ice and will likely get a lot of ice time. A good opportunity for us to be able to watch both of these guys together next year.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thing that caught my eye in reading Sexton's interviews is he came to Pittsburgh for a combine...

"Jan is a little bit of a late bloomer. He's from Slovenia, moved to Sweden and really caught our guys' eyes in the second half of the year. We brought him to Pittsburgh for our combine, he performed very well and that helped us get over the top to take him. He's an offensive player, he's very slender, needs time to put on strength. But we're excited to have him because he brings some offense." -Randy Sexton

So they got a real good close up look at him loved what they saw.
Also, i didn't know we ran our own combine. Kinda cool.
Does every team do that?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Thing that caught my eye in reading Sexton's interviews is he came to Pittsburgh for a combine...

So they got a real good close up look at him loved what they saw.
Also, i didn't know we ran our own combine. Kinda cool.

That plus the fact he's going to go play in the Q with Lauzon next year is pretty cool and definitely great for his development. Much more control, oversight and influence than if he's playing with Sweden.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
It will be Great if he comes over to the Q since they have highlights every game :)

Saw like 3 short clips om Twitter. Otherwise nothing on this guy.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
That plus the fact he's going to go play in the Q with Lauzon next year is pretty cool and definitely great for his development. Much more control, oversight and influence than if he's playing with Sweden.

I do like that aspect. Don't know anything about the Huskies' system / style of play but on some level those two guys playing there (if we like how that team is built and coached from a developmental standpoint) could be a bonus. Begs the questions, though...

1) Is their system consistent with the style we play? Or is it more like, the Q has always been a more offensively focused league, allowing skilled players to develop those skills more?

2) Does it matter much in the sense of two years from now the coaches here may shift gears and change up the style as teams adjust to it and our roster changes over time?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
At a glance his various stats in the U20 leagues are comparable to Sundqvist's in his draft year.

attackbjorn

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Drozg do have some sick hands and can be really flashy in the offensive zone. Very quick to punish opponents if given space.

However he really, really needs to improve his game in the other areas of the ice where he often gets lost.

He is in a great programme in Leksand, but I doubt he will reach the men team this upcoming season as he barely has managed to get time in U20 team yet.

If he improves his defensive side I think he will be a great player, though not in the NHL unfortunately.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Drozg was actually redrafted in the Q import draft earlier this week (Rouyn Noranda must have relinquished his rights). If he comes over, it will be with Shawinigan.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Drozg was actually redrafted in the Q import draft earlier this week (Rouyn Noranda must have relinquished his rights). If he comes over, it will be with Shawinigan.

Hmmm, I wonder if that's an indictment of him or what R-N thought of him as a player, or if was for other reasons (like if they already had their import quota filled, or if import players' rights expire after some time if they don't join the team within a certain period?).

I also wonder -- anyone know what Shawinigan's program/coaching is like, and if they're going to be a good team next year or not?

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Hmmm, I wonder if that's an indictment of him or what R-N thought of him as a player, or if was for other reasons (like if they already had their import quota filled, or if import players' rights expire after some time if they don't join the team within a certain period?).

I also wonder -- anyone know what Shawinigan's program/coaching is like, and if they're going to be a good team next year or not?

RN did draft two new euros this year, so maybe they just had preferred guys. I believe RN would have had to voluntarily give up his rights, but i could be wrong.

Likely not a lot separating RN and Shawinigan on the ice this year. Both teams are heading into rebuilding mode after a few years of being among the powers of the league. I'd give the edge to Shawinigan (at least until they trade Girard), but each of these teams only comes to town once a year, so i don't get to see them much (although we saw RN in the playoffs last year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad