Pre-Game Talk: Jan 6th -- Leafs @ San Jose (7pm EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Overdrive has confirmed that Jones gets the net again.

Honestly playing him in Anaheim was a low key genius move from Keefe.
I think the Leafs are playing with 🔥.
Jones can't play every game till Woll is ready that's just stupid.
You bring Hildeby up to say no we don't trust you

Thanks anyways.

Rotate the other ahl goaltender so Hildeby gets some starts if that is what they are going to due.

Reactions: OddyOh

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think the Leafs are playing with 🔥.
Jones can't play every game till Woll is ready that's just stupid.
You bring Hildeby up to say no we don't trust you

Thanks anyways.

Rotate the other ahl goaltender so Hildeby gets some starts if that is what they are going to due.
I think they are biding their time hoping Samsonov can come back.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Overdrive has confirmed that Jones gets the net again.

Honestly playing him in Anaheim was a low key genius move from Keefe.
A road game that didn't start until 2 hours later than local time against a bottom feeder seemed to be a pretty good spot to give a goalie his first NHL start. But I guess it worked out.

Next B2B are home games next Sat / Sun against Avs and Wings

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Was hoping Hildeby would get the call tomorrow against the NHLs lowest scoring team.

Just go with Jones. I think he wants to be in there right now, it’s no stress for him mentally or physically. I am not that worried about wearing him down.

We're probably not at the point to worry yet, but I have to think we will get there.

He's our current starter... And at this pace, might still be 1A when Woll gets back...

Last edited:

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
When was the last time we won all 3 California games? Feel like we pretty much always lose at least 2 of them.

2021-22

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Was hoping Hildeby would get the call tonight against the NHLs lowest scoring team.

We're probably not at the point to worry yet, but I have to think we will get there.

He's our current starter... And at this pace, might still be 1A when Woll gets back...
Game is tomorrow.

Was hoping to see Hildeby.

Reactions: horner

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It is going to be a very, very long rebuild in San Jose. I don't think there is a McDavid or Bedard on the horizon to save them.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
It is going to be a very, very long rebuild in San Jose. I don't think there is a McDavid or Bedard on the horizon to save them.
At least ten years and they can draft my nephew. He’s only 8 and just learning but he pinky swore to give me money if he goes pro. Even got in his first hockey fight. It was with his own teammate over a chocolate bar but that’s means he has grit.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Don’t need those types of players to win anyway quite frankly.
At a minimum, I think you need a Jack Hughes level of player. Otherwise, you end up like Anaheim, Buffalo, Ottawa, etc. Dahlin is a fine player, but he's not turning around a franchise.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Facing a team on a 10 game losing streak. Why do I feel nervous

1704509068210.png

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think with even average goaltending the Leafs will do just fine in both games against San Jose.
No doubt. And what a strange home-and-home. I do love me a home-and-home though, so I'll take it.

Have to think Hildeby gets a look next Tuesday if the Leafs take care of business tomorrow; and if not he gets the Wings on the 14th for sure. Another busy schedule coming after this road trip with 8 in 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad