Game start: 4PM PST | 7PM ET | 01.00 CET

Online coverage (rosters, stats etc.)

Flags from 3dflags.com

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Canada 52
Russia 0

Canada, led by coach Brent Sutter, who is the Ditka of our generation, easily mops the floor with the Russians. Now, if it were just Brent Sutter versus the Russians, that would be a closer game. Say 10-6. Brent can't be in every place at all times, so the Russians get some empty net goals with Brent in the penalty box. Now, to make it even more fair, what if Team Canada was comprised solely of a mini version of Brent Sutter? I'd still say that mini-Sutter wins, but just barely. 4-3 in OT. Mini-Sutter comes out flying in OT after giving himself an inspirational speech during the intermission.

High flyin' Habs*

Im going with a bold prediction here hope I dont get flamed for this but:

One team will win.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
4-1 Russia. I think the semi-final game showed that this Canadian team doesn't have the top-end skill to win.. If they play a good defensive game and get stellar play from Pogge they might have a chance.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Well sadly enough it comes down to the officials and how the game is called. After seeing USA/Canada and the USA/Russia, Russia is simply too skilled for the Canadian team. However, Canada's defense is much better and they are a grittier team.

If the refs call anything that could be an infraction is called, there will be a multitude Russian powerplays, the game will be high scoring and Russia wins 6-4.

If the refs "let the boys play" and there are minimal powerplays, the style of game shifts towards Canada and Canada wins 3-2.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Rick Middleton said:
Nope, but I do predict that anyone flaming in the GDT will be dealt with severely. Zero tolerance people.
Your is better ;)

I didn't predicit anything before and will not do it this time - it's too close ... just wan to wish :
"Good hunting" said Kaa grimly, and glided away to the west wall" (c) Rudyard Kipling ;)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Rick Middleton said:
Canada 52
Russia 0

Canada, led by coach Brent Sutter, who is the Ditka of our generation, easily mops the floor with the Russians. Now, if it were just Brent Sutter versus the Russians, that would be a closer game. Say 10-6. Brent can't be in every place at all times, so the Russians get some empty net goals with Brent in the penalty box. Now, to make it even more fair, what if Team Canada was comprised solely of a mini version of Brent Sutter? I'd still say that mini-Sutter wins, but just barely. 4-3 in OT. Mini-Sutter comes out flying in OT after giving himself an inspirational speech during the intermission.
Too bad Sutter is just a bit too disciplined, though. Otherwise he might have a brawl with the Russian team, get them both kicked out of the tournament, and the gold goes to the USA. Oh well. Get Duane or maybe even Brian in there instead of Brent, and USA has a better chance of winning the gold.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Canada has the support of a home crowd and also the refereeing favors their style so I predict a win for Canada.

I'll be rooting for Russia, however, because I'm not a fan of Team Canada's questionable physical play
Go Russia!

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Kessel: "It's suicide! You've seen him, you know how strong he is. You can't win!"
Sutter: "Who are you?"
Kessel: "Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about now, but believe me you will when it's over! You will when it's over!"
Malkin: "You will lose"

Pogge: "No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that... I don't know."
Toews: "I know you think you're gonna have to do everything by yourself but you know I'll be with you."
Sutter: "You're gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you've ever dreamed. But when it's over, I know you'll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. Do it."
Pogge: "I'll try."
Malkin: "To the end"

Sutter: "You see?! You see?! He's not a machine, he's a man, he's a man!"
Letang: "I see three of him out there."
Sutter: "Hit the one in the middle."
Letang: "Whatever he hits, he destroys"
Malkin: "I must break you."

Sutter: "MALKIN!!!"

Cherry: "Hey, Champ."
Fetisov: "Hey."
Cherry: "Can I come up?"
Fetisov: "Yeah sure"
Cherry: "Some weather we're having here huh?
Fetisov: "Yeah it's pretty rough."
Cherry: "What's happening out there?"
Fetisov: "He's winning."

Cherry: "There's a lot I could say about this man, but I don't know if it matters now. You always made everything the way you wanted it.Sometimes I didn't understand that, but now I understand. You're the best."
Malkin: "Yeah"

:p:

greatwhite101*

It is always special to play Canada.
I expect a close one goal game. Canada is very physical but Russians will dish out hits too. I give offense to the Russians and defense is similar. Should be a good game
I just hope refs will be fair to each team. Let the best team win.
GO Russia!!!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Here's hoping it goes to OT!

But not a shootout.

I'll say 4-3 Canada - but it could really go either way.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am observing a lot of Canadian sense of humour...

already; must mean we are prepared at a logical level to lose.

Russia if they play as a team wins 6 to 3..."easily". :(

Russia doesn't play as a team, pressure on Hudo', Pogge stands on head, Canada wins 4 to 2. :jump:

If it's a blow out one way or another, shut out the lights! Shade's of Piestany... :deadhorse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad