GDT: Jan. 4 • Semifinal • Sweden vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It looked like a Russian filled in a Swede from behind right at the buzzer and the Swede in the box went after the guy he thought did it.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
This is the most classless display I've ever seen from the normally composed Swedes. Just take your referee gift and go home, no need for this pathetic display.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Lol at people blaming that on Russia. Both teams are responsible.

NOPE...that one was ON THE SWEDE....U can't blame the Russian for defending himself, after getting jumped from behind, Swede thru the first gloved hand punch too...

Suspend-able for Gold game Maybe? Reviewable by IIHF officials for sure

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Guessing you have two suspensions coming out of that scrum. One for the swede jumping out of the box, and one for the Russian who dropped his gloves to defend himself.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
I'm no Russian defender/supporter here, but what was Pettersson doing?

There was a scrum, like happens at the end of LOTS of games, and he escalated it. Now he'll likely miss gold medal game. Genius move.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Good game Sweden and good game refs for offering them that first goal, which turned out to be the difference.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Again I dont know what Swede ( IDIOT! ) coach was going nuts about...His kid started the fight, leaving the penalty box, jumping the Russian from behind

He was freaking out because he didn't want them leaving the bench with the brawling going on as it could lead to suspensions.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Mironov missed one right to his face. :/ But then looked like he took control, sadly swede felt. :)

Really entertaining game, didn`t think Russians will dominate. Got unlucky. :/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If this was a hockey Canada event, by the rules Petterssen and the head coach would both be suspended. Will be interesting to see the IIHF's interpretation of this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad