GDT: Jan 31/13 | Capitals @ Maple Leafs |7:00PM EST| SPORTSNET|JOEY CRABB DOES HAVE A NOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
It's funny, everywhere from Leafs coaching staff to teammates to opposing team commentary -- all have been giving pretty high praise to the kid; yet here on HF...:shakehead

5v5 he's been quite good, but
A. He's playing too many minutes
B. Get him off the PP

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
It's funny, everywhere from Leafs coaching staff to teammates to opposing team commentary -- all have been giving pretty high praise to the kid; yet here on HF...:shakehead

Sorry but it's madness that he's ahead of Liles on the PP.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
You know what the Caps are thinking?

This is the game we turn things around. Kessel hasn't been going, their D is shoddy and goalie is always questionable.

If we take our eye of the ball, they still got snipers who can make us pay.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Yeh, my only problem with Kostka is the PP minutes he's been getting. Doesn't seem comfortable enough with the puck to be on the PP. Let Franson or Liles take his spot.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
I don't care how they do it...

Just win.

Although another 7-1 would be nice.

lampshade*

Nice gdt mate. Winnable game, unfortunetly for the Leafs every game can be lost just as easily.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
5v5 he's been quite good, but
A. He's playing too many minutes
B. Get him off the PP

I don't disagree one bit with these points. Knock that 5v5 down to about 25mins max and PP he has no business being there. But the original comment was made about him being on the top pairing and I've seen some around these parts making comments like he should be demoted ffs.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Sorry but it's madness that he's ahead of Liles on the PP.

This is true -- but I don't see any reason to remove him from the top pairing with Phaneuf which is what the original statement was about.

edit: at even strength & on PK

Last edited:

Penalty Kill Icing*

This is true -- but I don't see any reason to remove him from the top pairing with Phaneuf which is what the original statement was about.

I think I mentioned it somewhere. Kostka is good, but not good enough to be on top pair. He isn't that good enough to let Phaneuf play his own game. More like Phaneuf has to take care. Even if Phaneuf gets caught deep in offensive zone, I don't think team trusts him to bail us out on a breakaway.

Lack of talent is the problem. Again, I am not crapping on him. Just that Phaneuf needs someone better, talent wise.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
I think I mentioned it somewhere. Kostka is good, but not good enough to be on top pair. He isn't that good enough to let Phaneuf play his own game. More like Phaneuf has to take care. Even if Phaneuf gets caught deep in offensive zone, I don't think team trusts him to bail us out on a breakaway.

Lack of talent is the problem. Again, I am not crapping on him. Just that Phaneuf needs someone better, talent wise.

He pinches way too much also. Phaneuf is making him look better than he really is I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad