GDT: Jan 19: Flames @ Kings [8:30pm MT: Sportsnet]

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
My biggest fear all season long, for most of you too I imagine, was missing the playoffs while not getting a top 10 pick either. But honestly if we just miss the playoffs, I don't even care anymore. Games like tonight are doing more for development of our young guys than anything else, I value the experience they are getting moreso than a top 10 pick.

That's a lot of borderline teams' fear.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The first time I heard "Oh oh, Ortio!" was watching SN's recap of the game vs San Jose online, and it sounded like some high school radio student doing the highlights. It was brutal.

Sportsnet is brutal in general for highlight packages. I don't know what they tell their anchors, but they always try so hard to be hip and casual and it just comes as across as incredibly annoying

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
My biggest fear all season long, for most of you too I imagine, was missing the playoffs while not getting a top 10 pick either. But honestly if we just miss the playoffs, I don't even care anymore. Games like tonight are doing more for development of our young guys than anything else, I value the experience they are getting moreso than a top 10 pick.

Same, but I stopped caring when it became evident that we weren't getting McDavid or Eichel.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What a game full of emotions! You gotta give this team and the coaching staff a ton of credit. Every time you count them out, it seems like they find a way to at least make it close or get a W. The ending was so priceless, Quick looked in utter disbelief when he saw Wides raise his stick. Monahan is so clutch, I can't even believe it. What planet is this kid from?

Huge, HUGE win!! I freakin love our team so much. GFG!!!!!!!!

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
7aXrVqr.gif

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
It's so funny how the Kings fans hate us so much. Us and Johnny. Most fanbases hate Johnny but if the Kings fans had their way there would be a special place in hell for him.

Also they call him a cocky little **** and an egotistical ***** and stuff. I know this is likely a dumb question, but is he at all like that? I thought he was a pretty humble, level-headed kid that dealt with his gift in the right way.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
It's so funny how the Kings fans hate us so much. Us and Johnny. Most fanbases hate Johnny but if the Kings fans had their way there would be a special place in hell for him.

Also they call him a cocky little **** and an egotistical ***** and stuff. I know this is likely a dumb question, but is he at all like that? I thought he was a pretty humble, level-headed kid that dealt with his gift in the right way.

They're just ********. Kid is a fine person but nobody likes being proven wrong and that is exactly what he does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

He's one of the most humble kids on our team.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
The Fan960 or whatever it's called now, holy heck it's become terrible. SOOOO many ads, blabbering on about other games no one cares about. Awful. The actual Flames content is fine just not enough of it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Fan960 or whatever it's called now, holy heck it's become terrible. SOOOO many ads, blabbering on about other games no one cares about. Awful. The actual Flames content is fine just not enough of it.

I listen to XM NHL Radio all the time now. Way fewer ads than when I tune into the Fan 960 at school. But the amount of time they spend on the Flames rivals the amount of time ESPN spends on hockey in general.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If the Flames were an internet meme, they would be doge. I don't know why. I have taken nighttime cold medicine and my vision is beginning to blur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad