Speculation: Jamie Kompon

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We are one Buddy Robinson goal away from a very, very different look right now.
Misconception I think.

The last game against Carolina was an omega let down game by the fellas. We all saw it.

Even if Pitt won, never know if we actually lose that last game seeing as we swept them but didn't really sweep them and we actually lost in 9 against them

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Top 5 power play now
1708278613216.png

top 6 pk too
1708278670361.png

Reactions: Felidae

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
They put Carter Verhaeghe on the first PP unit, and even if he's mostly used as a decoy, the Power Play shot up from like 20th to 5th.

Kompon deserves credit for that. Some of us here felt that it was an obvious move for at least a couple of years, but credit to him for being the one to finally do it.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
They put Carter Verhaeghe on the first PP unit, and even if he's mostly used as a decoy, the Power Play shot up from like 20th to 5th.

Kompon deserves credit for that. Some of us here felt that it was an obvious move for at least a couple of years, but credit to him for being the one to finally do it.
i think chucky being healthy helped too, now hes back to being in front of the net more.
Plus they got that bumper play from barkov-chucky-reinhart down pat its unbeatable most of the times.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
i think chucky being healthy helped too, now hes back to being in front of the net more.
Plus they got that bumper play from barkov-chucky-reinhart down pat its unbeatable most of the times.

Verhaeghe's a really good skater and is great at puck retrieval. Very underrated aspect of putting him over on that side of the ice where he's got a lot of space due to the attention being paid to Barkov, Tkachuk and Reinhart. The puck comes whipping around the boards or bounces into the corner and he's there. You're not getting that with Ekblad.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
On that bumper play, we often jokingly say Barkov’s beta assist gets him on board, but it’s the easy part of it. I’d say not really…. He’s gotta do at least two things with that pass: 1) be moving forward as if he could shoot or pass or pass and get it back, and 2) time it right relative to the stick movements of the D covering Reino. Barky passes it just as the two D sticks are starting to move away from Reino, then the puck moves too fast to Chucky and Reino and the D can’t react. But you gotta time it right and it starts with Barky.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

Verhaeghe's a really good skater and is great at puck retrieval. Very underrated aspect of putting him over on that side of the ice where he's got a lot of space due to the attention being paid to Barkov, Tkachuk and Reinhart. The puck comes whipping around the boards or bounces into the corner and he's there. You're not getting that with Ekblad.
You can say what you want about Dom Luszczyszyn, but he advocated for this for months.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I think that bumper play has more wrinkles that will eventually get implemented too. If the defenders start cheating toward Reinhart, Tkachuk has the option to wrap around and jam the puck to the net (with Verhaege crashing for a rebound) or if there's a lane just pass it across to V. Of course, he also has Barkov to go back to on the board as a safety valve.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think that bumper play has more wrinkles that will eventually get implemented too. If the defenders start cheating toward Reinhart, Tkachuk has the option to wrap around and jam the puck to the net (with Verhaege crashing for a rebound) or if there's a lane just pass it across to V. Of course, he also has Barkov to go back to on the board as a safety valve.

Or apparently, Barkov and Tkachuk can just switch sides and the other team is like uh wtf?

• Haha
Reactions: BeezKnees

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Chucky did that yesterday and ended up with a goal. Haha

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
So were at 6% or something this stretch for the pp

Injuries, flu, sandbagging to blame for sure, but weve been pretty terrible as of late

On the plus side our PK has been insane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad