Jamie Benn Wins 2014-2015 Art Ross Trophy

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
If you want beaches go to the algarve. The azores is nice as well

Yeah, I'm going there for a short work trip. Can't really get to azores, since they are almost half-way to america. :laugh:

But Algarve region will work.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Juan Tavarez
ip1nwl.jpg

Chong Tsa-Varx
JohnTavares.jpg

Jon Tavarly
gtgb.jpg

John TavaRRRRes
23u8oc8.jpg

Sir John Tavares II
tavarees.jpg

Joonatin Tavarenen
24oujie-1.jpg

Jean Tavaré
picture.jpg

Joun Ibn Al Tavar
tavares.jpg

Juelz Tavare$
juelz.jpg

Johnny Tavarey
tava.jpg

The ironic thing is that my name is the welsh form of John.. lol

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Worst art ross winner ever? I mean Tavares is superstar but ..

Is he really that different from Iginla or St.Louis? Obviously those two have a good body of work above Tavares. But purely as players? I don't see a huge gap.

That's just in the past 13 years. I wager there are a handful of guys on the same tier as Tavares. Just give the kid some time.

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
Crazy tidbit about Art Ross!!!

For 33 years, from 68-01 there were 8 different Art Ross winners:
-Phil Esposito
-Bobby Orr
-Guy Lafleur
-Bryan Trottier
-Marcel Dionne
-Wayne Gretzky
-Mario Lemieux
-Jaromir Jagr

Since Jagr won his last, 13 seasons a go we have seen 10 different winners!!! 13 seasons!!

Now, I am not saying we lack top end talent. But that's some serious variance there. :laugh:
There is nothing surprising about this. There were less teams, there were multiple dynasties and hockey was much more open for goal scoring especially.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Is he really that different from Iginla or St.Louis? Obviously those two have a good body of work above Tavares. But purely as players? I don't see a huge gap.

That's just in the past 13 years. I wager there are a handful of guys on the same tier as Tavares. Just give the kid some time.

Those were the two i was thinking of. If Tavares can put up some solid ppg numbers after this it would be great. I have always though Tavares is overrated but much rather have him won the art ross than Benn.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Really? Crosby is only 27. He almost won the Art Ross in the worst statistical year of his career. Malkin is only 28.

By hockey standards, Crosby and Malkin have a lot of mileage on them not to mention they have both struggled with injuries.

There was a poll thread earlier this season that was asking how many more Art Ross trophies Crosby was going to win, most assumed 2-3 and some even went as far as saying he would win as many as 5 more.

I predicted that he might not win another one again and the reason was? Very few players have won an Art Ross trophy past the age of 28, let alone multiple ones.

Also the Penguins as a team is not getting any better around Crosby either.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
There is nothing surprising about this. There were less teams, there were multiple dynasties and hockey was much more open for goal scoring especially.

You are a big bummer. Yeah, it's not a s cool when you say it like that. (I have to remain the position that Gretzky/Lemieux/Jagr stranglehold on Art Ross is insanely impressive)

Black Gold Extractor

May 4, 2010
Crazy tidbit about Art Ross!!!

For 33 years, from 68-01 there were 8 different Art Ross winners:
-Phil Esposito
-Bobby Orr
-Guy Lafleur
-Bryan Trottier
-Marcel Dionne
-Wayne Gretzky
-Mario Lemieux
-Jaromir Jagr

Since Jagr won his last, 13 seasons a go we have seen 10 different winners!!! 13 seasons!!

Now, I am not saying we lack top end talent. But that's some serious variance there. :laugh:

To be fair, Gretzky and injury-riddled Lemieux combined for 16 out of 33. Only 8 players have three or more Art Ross wins:

Gretzky (10)
Howe (6)
Lemieux (6)
Esposito (5)
Jagr (5)
Mikita (4)
Hull (3)
Lafleur (3)

Repeating as an Art Ross winner seems to be an elite feat already.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Jagr had 96 Pts in 63 games in 1999-00 to win the Art Ross and people were calling that a weak year. :laugh:

Yeah, outside of Jagr. Never seen anyone even implying that it was a weak year for Jagr. Injured? Sure. Weak. Heck no.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Crosby only has 2 of these still, correct?

Kinda weak for the far and away best player who is primarily an assist dude.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Tavares has this just about sewn up. 86-points is a weak Art Ross year, but he still out scored every one in the NHL (contingent upon what Benn does). I'm a Rangers fan and even I appreciate the talent that Tavares is.

That said, Jagr scored at a 74-point clip with the Panthers... if scoring remains down, maybe he will be in contention for another Art Ross next season LOL. :sarcasm:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Juan Tavarez
ip1nwl.jpg

Chong Tsa-Varx
JohnTavares.jpg

Jon Tavarly
gtgb.jpg

John TavaRRRRes
23u8oc8.jpg

Sir John Tavares II
tavarees.jpg

Joonatin Tavarenen
24oujie-1.jpg

Jean Tavaré
picture.jpg

Joun Ibn Al Tavar
tavares.jpg

Juelz Tavare$
juelz.jpg

Johnny Tavarey
tava.jpg

The ironic thing is that my name is the welsh form of John.. lol

Haha, a mini revival of that famous thread on here.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, outside of Jagr. Never seen anyone even implying that it was a weak year for Jagr. Injured? Sure. Weak. Heck no.

I'm not going to name a certain poster (and it's not scoringking) who's made it a habit of his to try and downplay and rip on everything Jagr has accomplished in his career in attempts to pump up Crosby and one of those seasons that poster used was 1999-00. He also tried to downplay Jagr's season in 1994-95 because he tied for the Art Ross (despite scoring 3 more goals).

Needless to say, this should be a huge mark on Crosby's legacy. A prime Jagr never would have lost an Art Ross to a Tavares or Benn type player.

It's twice now that a prime Crosby played more than 75 games and lost to a lesser player when it comes to the Art Ross (Sedin and now Tavares/ Benn).

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

It's going to be fun (and annoying at times) to see the jabs made for the most hardcore fans of Crosby. The "far and away best player since he entered the league" has 2 scoring titles, has been outscored when healthy number of times. Can't keep healthy. Gets zeroed in playoffs. Etc.

Now, I really am starting to like Crosby. As is evident from my posts. But man, that resume is not the kind you want to see from the "undisputed best player" of one generation.

Party Kane

Nov 7, 2013
Chicago

he would have a lot more if not for injuries, obviously its just hypothetical but its almost a given he would have at worst 4 by now if he could stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00