Jamie Benn Head shot on Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Kadri not looking where he's going is all that is. If that gets Benn suspended after Robidas got nothing for elbowing Matthias in the head it's an absolute travesty out there.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009

Kadri is a know diver only a homer would argue otherwise.

:facepalm: You argue against me calling Kadri an embellisher as opposed to a diver by showing a video of Kadri embellishing a hooking penalty. That stick was clearly in his hands. A dive is when someone gets a tap on the leg, or a stick near the face, and pretend they actually are getting slashed or high sticked. These are things that aren't penalties that players pretend are. That is what a dive is.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yeah okay I don't even need to be a homer to say that's just interference. A missed 2 minute minor but could have been off-setting minors as well if the ref chose to call it. No big deal.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
I don't understand people saying Kadri flopped?

It wasn't a dirty hit or anything, but Benn made solid contact and kadri wasn't looking, obviously he is gunna fall.

As for the hit, 2 minute interference at worst.

I know. It's easy watching from here not getting hit by a monster like Benn. He puts the shoulder on most of us and we'd make Kadri look like Hercules. It won't be a flop. It will be more like a 15 foot dive.:)

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I'm not predisposed to arguing for Dallas, but I hope Benn trucks Kadri for real next time they play just so Leafs fans can compare and see what a nothing play this was.

If prompted, some HF fans would think every car accident was a case of deliberate, attempted murder by one of the drivers.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
I'm not predisposed to arguing for Dallas, but I hope Benn trucks Kadri for real next time they play just so Leafs fans can compare and see what a nothing play this was.

If prompted, some HF fans would think every car accident was a case of deliberate, attempted murder by one of the drivers.

Some here would think that getting hit by a 2 tonne vehicle shouldn't even be a problem. Heck, they would put a big dent in it and stop it in its tracks.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
It's funny that you mention diving vs embellishment as though you are an expert and then contradict yourself giving an example of two other players who are known embellishers. Even funnier to think Marchand hasn't even once this season yet.

Well not after this beauty!

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Idk, Benn definitely tried to make contact with Kadri but he skated his lane, kept his elbow in and didn't extend his shoulder to make contact with his head. A two minute minor for interference would be the right call.

And Jamie Benn is not overrated. His package of skill, toughness, and leadership is extremely rare in todays NHL. He's one of the top LWs in the game and I'd take him over Seguin any day.

Nynja*

The people saying Benn hit Kadri is massive lulz. Benn may have made zero movement to get out of Kadri's way, but he has zero obligation to give Kadri a free pass to the puck that Benn has equal rights to fight over. Benn, at no point, altered his body position to hit Kadri either.

His actions were pretty much "I'm skating to the puck and I know where you're going, but if you decide to eat my shoulder pad, thats on you"

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
So Benn just missed his target then while attempting his blindside.

That makes it better.

Dirty hit plain and simple

Benn was skating his own lane, why should he try to sidestep a player that comes on it while too busy admiring the puck?
Weakest so called 'dirty hit' thread so far this season.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Nothing more than a 2 minute interference penalty.

I swear 90% of HF believes every penalty deserves a suspension.

Tyler Biggs*

That hit on Kadri should have been a 2 minute penalty for interference, maybe more.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I take it people have watched this in slow motion/frame by frame or whatever... It anything, maybe his back came almost close to Kadri's face...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad