Proposal: James VanRiemsdyk for Mikhail Sergachev

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I guess you really don't know anything about those two players.
Hudon has dominated the ahl since he entered that league. We don't know yet if he can be a legit top 6 forward in the nhl, but his 4 pts in 6 nhl games looks good.

Scherbak had a bad season last year because of so many injuries. This year, he's healthy and he's dominating the ahl. He's 9th in scoring and 3rd in goals. He's got 1st line potential.

Scherbak + 4th round pick is the max I would give for the rental of JVR

JVR isnt a rental, he is signed until next year. also that offer gets laughed at. Scherbak is a slightly lesser prospect than Kapanen.
that doesnt come close to getting you a guy that would lead your team in goals smh. also a 4th? pointless

lol at 17pts in 22 games dominating. thats 111th in AHL ppg. good, but not even close to dominating.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
And for someone with so very few posts, you don't seem to know what you're going on about. If you're going to bring up last year (speaking of poor shots), you might want to consider who else was injured on that team: Gallagher, Petry, Subban, etc,.

I've already seen some Leafs fans criticize Babcock's coaching. This is pretty common among all fanbases when a coach has been around for several years. Won't be long before Leafs fans criticize Babcock en masse. Look at how relieved many Red Wings fans were when he left.

As to the bolded: when in rome...

So the rest of your post admits that your teams playoff expectations have nothing to do with MT, as we all know. Excellent.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
lost in the commotion is the fact JVR has 10G (would lead the habs) and 19pts (would be 2nd on the habs).

to see names like byron and hudon thrown out as trade bait is just hilarious. habs fans would be ok with a Leipsic + pick return for pacioretty right?

shut er' down

But that production would drastically drop if he was on the Habs.Hard to put up points when your being scratched every second game because you suck so bad defensively with no drive .

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Lets not kid ourselves, JVR would truly help on our roster, even if some say he's a one trick pony. Realistically, the price to lure JVR out of TO, especially to MTL, would be too high. Id rather keep Sergy for a decade than have JVR for a season and a half.

Perhaps he'll be available and cheaper next year depending on his contractual demands and if the Leafs can or want to resign him. As of right now, I dont see them being in a hurry to get rid of him. I also believe that they would be more interested in an established top 4D than a prospect regardless of potential.

I think the priority for the Canadiens is to get an upgrade on Plekanec and pray to any diety that Vegas will take him.

Our second need would also be a top4 LHD

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
But that production would drastically drop if he was on the Habs.Hard to put up points when your being scratched every second game because you suck so bad defensively with no drive .

you are suggesting he isnt good enough to crack the lineup?
he has more goals than pacioretty and radulov combined :laugh:

oh and for as bad defensively as you say he is, he has been on the ice for the exact same amount of goals for and against at even strength this year and last. 15 EV strength pts this year. he would lead the habs in that, as well as goals :handclap:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lets not kid ourselves, JVR would truly help on our roster, even if some say he's a one trick pony. Realistically, the price to lure JVR out of TO, especially to MTL, would be too high. Id rather keep Sergy for a decade than have JVR for a season and a half.

Perhaps he'll be available and cheaper next year depending on his contractual demands and if the Leafs can or want to resign him. As of right now, I dont see them being in a hurry to get rid of him. I also believe that they would be more interested in an established top 4D than a prospect regardless of potential.

I think the priority for the Canadiens is to get an upgrade on Plekanec and pray to any diety that Vegas will take him.

nice to see a habs fan that knows whats going on. you sir, are a rare breed.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada

Montreal has no need for a LW. We need a 2C or a top 4LD. Can we close this thread?

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Therrien is more demanding than Babcock?

As a life long Habs fan I'll say this, IMHO, Therrein is at best a Jr coach, maybe AHL if your not looking for player development. He should never be mentioned when discussing the top of the class like Babs or Q, these guys are light years ahead of MT.

Watch the Habs now, dump and chase, off the glass for D, averse to creativity that's this coach's "system". He is not demanding he is obtuse, he does not communicate he barks. Give Babs C Price and see how he makes out......... add Weber and Babs is in first place planning the parade.

I love my team but if not for Price pulling games out of his you know where, the Habs would be on the outside looking in.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Montreal has no need for a LW. We need a 2C or a top 4LD. Can we close this thread?

I agreed with that in my post. Those are our top priorities To say though that we have no need for a LW is crazy. Considering we only have Pacioretty that's a true Top 6 LW. Lehkonen potentially could be one but he's still unproven and let's not kid ourselves, Byron doesn't belongs on the first line. He gets the job done for now but ideally, he would be on the 3rd or 4th line.

I do not want to deal Sergachev for a player like JVR or for almost any player/prospect ATM but if there's a deal that could be done to get a top 6 LW to MTL for a decent price, Bergevin should go for it.

that being said, Habs and Leafs are bad trading partners to being with because of the divisional rivalry, what one team wants, the other one doesn't have to spare.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
As a life long Habs fan I'll say this, IMHO, Therrein is at best a Jr coach, maybe AHL if your not looking for player development. He should never be mentioned when discussing the top of the class like Babs or Q, these guys are light years ahead of MT.

Watch the Habs now, dump and chase, off the glass for D, averse to creativity that's this coach's "system". He is not demanding he is obtuse, he does not communicate he barks. Give Babs C Price and see how he makes out......... add Weber and Babs is in first place planning the parade.

I love my team but if not for Price pulling games out of his you know where, the Habs would be on the outside looking in.

I think this whole Therrien is a terrible coach thing is wayyy overplayed. Is he the best...no. Is he the worst...absolutely not. Therrien is a good bench coach, he is able to adjust in game, more so than a good chunk of other head coaches in the league. Sure, he has his defaults, but its not as bad as you say.

These systems as you say are all more or less the same in the league. They all use a variation of the same systems. You need to play against what the other team puts on the ice also. Montreal doesn`t dump and chase, but if the other team is playing a deep trap, you need to PLACE the puck behind the defensemen and go retrieve it. You can`t just dangle through 3 players every shift, it doesn't work like that.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007

As a habs fan, I think Montreal needs a 2C, a Top 4 D and most definitely a LW also. Unless you firmly believe Byron is your #1 LW for the rest of the season and playoffs? I`d be worried if we went into the playoffs with that.

Does that mean we should trade Serge for JVR, nope, not at all. But we DO need a LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad