Lines are set.

Make the PK

Moore-Hagelin
Sheppard-Fast
Nash-Stepan
Zuccarello

Crash bang boom, lets ****ing go.

Those lines look good to me!

However, I don't think Sheppard PK's and that is Glass' strenght in my opinion, the only one true thing he does relatively well. I see Glass rotating with Fast during the regular season, depending on the opposition, and see how that goes, before they decide on the playoff match-ups.
Just my opinion.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Even if Sheppard doesn't PK they can go with

Moore-Hagelin
Stepan-Nash
Hayes-Fast
Zucc
Marty

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No Hayes on the PK?

Depending on who is in the box he could be the 4th pair with Zucc. But you really only need 3 pairs for the Pk. Some teams can only manage two good pairs.

I also think going into the playoffs its best to reduce Hayes role in the sense that we shouldnt overplay him.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Depending on who is in the box he could be the 4th pair with Zucc. But you really only need 3 pairs for the Pk. Some teams can only manage two good pairs.

I also think going into the playoffs its best to reduce Hayes role in the sense that we shouldnt overplay him.

You're absolutely right. Fast coming back should mitigate his use on the PK also.

For the future though:

1.) it seems the more you put on his plate the better he performs.
2.) He has really good hockey sense,his ability to read plays, pick pockets, and his reach should make him an effective a pk'er. He would be a great replacement for Boyle. They obviously do not play the same style but he's enormous and gets in the passing lanes etc.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
You're absolutely right. Fast coming back should mitigate his use on the PK also.

For the future though:

1.) it seems the more you put on his plate the better he performs.
2.) He has really good hockey sense,his ability to read plays, pick pockets, and his reach should make him an effective a pk'er. He would be a great replacement for Boyle. They obviously do not play the same style but he's enormous and gets in the passing lanes etc.
I agree...for the future. Right now though he doesnt need to take on more assignments. And going from a NCAA schedule to the NHL schedule is tough. He has handled it well through 62 games. Who knows how he'll feel by game 82 or 100. Not having him pk will help.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I agree...for the future. Right now though he doesnt need to take on more assignments. And going from a NCAA schedule to the NHL schedule is tough. He has handled it well through 62 games. Who knows how he'll feel by game 82 or 100. Not having him pk will help.

As you said, it's best not to have him do too much, that is the smart play for sure. As an observation:

He has gotten unexpectedly stronger. Most NCAA players hit a wall by now in their first professional season, freaks aside. I am ok with keeping him strictly a 5v5 guy.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Sheppard was on a line with Moore and Fast today at practice... Zucc had a maintenance day so who knows where that leaves Glass

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 22m22 minutes ago

Tanner Glass subbed for Zuccarello with Brass and Nash at today's practice. He's likely guy out tomorrow night vs. Red Wings.
0 replies 3 retweets 6 favorites

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Tanner Glass subbed for Zuccarello with Brass and Nash at today's practice. He's likely guy out tomorrow night vs. Red Wings.

XWjh4.gif

Last edited:

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
If glass is out we better win. Lets not give AV any reason to want to put him back in the lineup. Preferably a couple goals from the 4th line would help haha

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007

Now that's a challenge for Brass and Nash.

Sometimes I wonder what numbers Glass would post on a line with prime Gretzky.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'd rather see Glass on the top line just to see what the board does.

And then have him get a Gordie Howe to see the post game reaction.

The two posters who praise Cam Talbot as the lord and savior will assuredly jump to the conclusion that Tanner Glass is a misused Hall of Famer.

The rest of us will laugh at the improbability of that happening (if it did), and be eager to see Tanner in the press box shortly.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Personally very excited to see Sheppard play. Saw him play quite a bit few years back while playing for sharks and even if he plays at 80 percent of that level our 4th line is beyond set!

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Sheppard - Moore - Fast could be an excellent 4th line. Right now both Moore and Fast are really good in that role and Sheppard would really have to have hands of stone to be worse at handling the puck than Glass. It's time to start practicing for the POs. Give Glass a game here and there but let's start going with the best roster down the stretch.

I'm hoping the Rangers have done their usual good scouting as of late and that Sheppard will fulfil 4th line expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad