Injury Report: James Reimer - Off IR, will backup against Habs.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
This is great news but if Scrivens keeps on playing the way he has, then I'd ride ride with Scrivens until its time for a change or whatever.

Man, it's such a WONDERFUL feeling having two goalies that make those key saves to keep your team in the game. Scrivens has been lights out and Reimer was amazing before his injury.

this sounds familiar...

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Great to hear that he's already back on the ice. Even if light workouts, hopefully he'll be taking legit practices in net soon within the next 3-4 days.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Sprained MCL's are not all THAT bad. He could honestly be 100% it doesn't take any ushering in. But he probably needs a bit more warming up and stretching on that left knee.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
nbouxf.jpg

looks like he's in full gear, and running drills.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
LMFAO!!! :biglaugh:
David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts
Marvelous. Only news story today is Reimer and #Leafs refuse to make him available for reporters.
Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran
@dshoalts call his mom

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
somehow i dont like the sound of that

Why? He's skating and obviously strong enough to assume position which would be impossible if his knee was worse than originally thought / reported.

Reimer's in good shape, IMO, and will be back very soon. He is still injured, though, and he most likely doesn't want to get in the media storm to face questions he may not know the answers to.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Very slow healer, he'll be ineffective when he returns.

I wonder why people automatically assume the worst will happen? :laugh:

I'm genuinely curious as to your reasoning for saying such a thing. Do you hope this happens or are you just stirring the pot as usual?

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I wonder why people automatically assume the worst will happen? :laugh:

I'm genuinely curious as to your reasoning for saying such a thing. Do you hope this happens or are you just stirring the pot as usual?

I would assume that anyone who had some sport injuries would know that even after they "heal" there are still lingering affects. Some of the stiffness/pain might last months and even years. Some will not go away for life...

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I've found with Reimer he's such an "aw shucks" type of person judging by him in themedia, when he has injuries they keep him away from the media-he's just so friendly that me not be as "guarded" in his responses as the other players.

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
Why? He's skating and obviously strong enough to assume position which would be impossible if his knee was worse than originally thought / reported.

Reimer's in good shape, IMO, and will be back very soon. He is still injured, though, and he most likely doesn't want to get in the media storm to face questions he may not know the answers to.

hope you're right, but like somebody else said reimer is all golly jee whiz and incapable of lying so like we saw last year there is a reason to keep him away from the media if there is something being hidden about his injury; his diagnosis of a minimum of one week is a bit unusual with no upper limit specified and finally, why was lupul made available to the press to speak about his injury - heard him on the fan - but reimer is not made available?

i dont buy that he is a slow healer based on last year, i just dont know that i trust the leafs on reporting the severity of injuries after last year

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Guess who's back?

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050

Reimer comes off injured reserve and Rynnas rejoins Marlies. Leaf roster remains at 23.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad